Any predictions on Communication area? (1 Viewer)

Aysce

HSC
What's so bad about the ear? I find it the most interesting/straightforward tbh - I'm not showing off or anything but that's just my personal opinion.

HSC
N/A
What's so bad about the ear? I find it the most interesting/straightforward tbh - I'm not showing off or anything but that's just my personal opinion.
I like the ear. i'm hoping for a question on it.

I just can't seem to remember the technology associated with it :p

Aysce

HSC
I like the ear. i'm hoping for a question on it.

I just can't seem to remember the technology associated with it :p
I just used diagrams/tables on things like the cochlear implant and hearing aids (mainly those two they've specified) and yeah.

I actually really love communication and S4BH. Genetics is a bitch but I probably just suck at it lol

HSC
N/A
I just used diagrams/tables on things like the cochlear implant and hearing aids (mainly those two they've specified) and yeah.

I actually really love communication and S4BH. Genetics is a bitch but I probably just suck at it lol
Genetics? What's that?

Aysce

HSC
Genetics? What's that?
Maybe I'm a bit broad but things including meiosis, pedigree charts and a few other things - so kinda genetics based :/

I try to learn it but I just don't know it that well.. Probs should be going over now.

Aysce

HSC
worst chapter. meiosis.. I still don't understand it lol.

also, what are the chances of a question on enastiostasis?
I know it can't really be quantified but maybe 35%?

HSC
N/A
Maybe I'm a bit broad but things including meiosis, pedigree charts and a few other things - so kinda genetics based :/

I try to learn it but I just don't know it that well.. Probs should be going over now.
*shudders*
I think i'm okay with genetics, it's just the history sort of things I suck at.

I really suck at the collaboration questions i.e. watson and crick, wilkins and franklin. If i get a question about that, i'm a goner. As well as Sutton and Boveri.
I still don't understand what tehy really did.

Sutton --> observed meiosis and the behaviour of sex cells during cell division. What's the significance though?
Boveri --> Sea urchins, and the need for two gametes for the full development of the urchin. what's the significance?

idgi :(
Well an enastiostasis question came up in the CSSA trials, and i didn't expect it, so basically you never know the chances.
How much are we meant to know about enantiostasis anyway?

I didn't think there was that much to know except the definition and an example of it

am i missing something here? :(

Alkanes

HSC
Blueprint of Life chapter is basically a topic that is for rote learning. Who ever says it's not. They can go fuck themselves lol. Seriously, who wants to know about DNA replication and Mendel's pea plants bullshit.

HSC
N/A
I would love it if they could have an extended on the three lines of defence, or specifically t and b cells. That's probably my favourite part of this entire course.

I haven't properly gone through epidemeology yet. going through it now. yay!

Aysce

HSC
I would love it if they could have an extended on the three lines of defence, or specifically t and b cells. That's probably my favourite part of this entire course.

I haven't properly gone through epidemeology yet. going through it now. yay!
YES!

Bringing in some more human anatomy and pathology would make it much more interesting personally. Biology is interesting imo, bar Blueprint of Life. Same as chemistry from just first perceptions.

HSC
N/A
YES!

Bringing in some more human anatomy and pathology would make it much more interesting personally. Biology is interesting imo, bar Blueprint of Life. Same as chemistry from just first perceptions.
Anatomy? As in... memorising bones? No thanks.

I personally don't like studying diseases. Mechanisms of how the body responds to diseases is more what interests me.
Who cares about small pox, pshhh :p

wavess

HSC
Can someone please explain Tatum and beadle, I can't understand their experiment

Aysce

HSC
Can someone please explain Tatum and beadle, I can't understand their experiment
I may not be entirely correct here so I'm open to some comments/constructive criticism.

Okay so Beadle and Tatum experimented with Neurospora Crassa (Bread mould) by first growing it on a minimal medium (A medium with no amino acids). They then decided to expose the bread mould to X-rays in which mutations occurred. They tried to grow it on the same medium - those that did not grow were grown on a complete medium (A nutrient base providing all different amino acids necessary for growth), whilst those that did grow were thrown away. It was found that those that were grown on the complete medium grew healthily since it was provided with the amino acids it was missing. From this, they hypothesised that the X-rays mutated the gene responsible for creating the enzymes that converted nutrients into amino acids, hence proposing one gene - one protein.

Although, they later realised that one gene produces proteins OTHER THAN enzymes, hence they change it to one gene - one polypeptide.

RishBonjour

HSC
I may not be entirely correct here so I'm open to some comments/constructive criticism.

Okay so Beadle and Tatum experimented with Neurospora Crassa (Bread mould) by first growing it on a minimal medium (A medium with no amino acids). They then decided to expose the bread mould to X-rays in which mutations occurred. They tried to grow it on the same medium - those that did not grow were grown on a complete medium (A nutrient base providing all different amino acids necessary for growth), whilst those that did grow were thrown away. It was found that those that were grown on the complete medium grew healthily since it was provided with the amino acids it was missing. From this, they hypothesised that the X-rays mutated the gene responsible for creating the enzymes that converted nutrients into amino acids, hence proposing one gene - one protein.

Although, they later realised that one gene produces proteins OTHER THAN enzymes, hence they change it to one gene - one polypeptide.
brilliant recount/explanation.
T cells/B cells are amazing.
Also, do we have to know clonal selection theory?
is it supposed to be one of the "mechanisms" through which they interact? I thought it was just teh self marker MHC proteins and interleukin I and IIs ?

Aysce

HSC
brilliant recount/explanation.
T cells/B cells are amazing.
Also, do we have to know clonal selection theory?
is it supposed to be one of the "mechanisms" through which they interact? I thought it was just teh self marker MHC proteins and interleukin I and IIs ?
Thanks =) I had to take a little peek at my notes though :cry:

I think we have to learn the clonal selection theory - learn it just in case.

Yeah I only recall learning those mechanisms and saw those in a few state ranking notes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)