Anybody doing 3 sciences? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Faytle said:
My school doesn't allow 3 Sciences. Max is 2 :eek:.
=O ! thats crazy !

Le3sah said:
I really wish I did Bio...
same =/

seems like everybody wants to drop physics .. I'm considering it .. but may I ask why you are dropping ? I'm just curious ..

gcmk

HSC
physics is much more interesting than bio but physics i rkn you need to put alot more effort and in general it is harder, well for me. how bout u?

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
well I haven't done bio but well .. I haven't really put much effort into physics. I mean I do all the work get my head around it and when I do it's all pretty easy. But I guess I'm considering dropping it because some of the things that we learn just doesn't seem to interest me much. Some content is quite cool I must admit but like it's the boring stuff I dislike. Plus I need to drop a subject so I'm just giving myself alot of options. xD

Thing is .. I need it for my engineering. It would really help. =/

cccclaire

HSC
at my school all the smart kids are doing bio rather than physics.

gcmk

HSC
well the main reason to drop physics for me is that i totally screwed it for half yearlies i got 68 :( but then the concepts r pretty interesting.. so im not sure yet.. leaning towards dropping physics..

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I have 3 friends who do all 3 sciences. 2 of them want to kill themselves.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
simonloo said:
O_O" .. their asian ? is it really that bad .. i mean bio is relatively easy compared to the other sciences but I guess if they're doing all 3 sciences .. all their other units must also be very demanding ..

HSC
N/A
simonloo said:
Hi! I think I may know you (duh). PM me about this please. Thanks.

Or, shall this be openly discussed? S.L., J.M., and B.A.F. (initials)?
gcmk said:
well the main reason to drop physics for me is that i totally screwed it for half yearlies i got 68 but then the concepts r pretty interesting.. so im not sure yet.. leaning towards dropping physics..
Nah dude, don't drop Physics just because you think it's a depressive mark; just try a little harder.:)
sle3pe3bumz said:
seems like everybody wants to drop physics .. I'm considering it .. but may I ask why you are dropping ? I'm just curious ..
I suppose we're discontent with our performance...

I should know; I am.

----
Edit (cbb to post again):
Kujah said:
I agree.

I think that Biology is perhaps the most difficult science subject. It generally contains more content than any other science subject. More content = more memorising and regurgitating :)
Kujah, as if; Biology is most definitely the easiest of all sciences, which is perhaps an explanation for its relatively low scaling (and the number of 'white' - not my words - people doing it, if that is by any means an indicator of anything).
I'd say Chemistry is the hardest; but also the most interesting.

For me, Biology tends to be a 'bludgy' subject.

Last edited:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
cfair said:
Yeah I won't lie, bio is pretty awesome now that we've finished the worst unit in any subject ever - local ecosystems.
I agree.

I think that Biology is perhaps the most difficult science subject. It generally contains more content than any other science subject. More content = more memorising and regurgitating :)

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Kujah said:
I agree.

Really ? I wouldn't really know so I shouldn't be one to judge. But as you say, its more about memorising and regurgitating. So I kind of interpret this as just remembering the info rather than understanding. Within physics and chem though, you need to be able to understand the work and apply your knowledge to the questions. Correct me if I'm wrong - this is just the impression I get from what I hear.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
Really ? I wouldn't really know so I shouldn't be one to judge. But as you say, its more about memorising and regurgitating. So I kind of interpret this as just remembering the info rather than understanding. Within physics and chem though, you need to be able to understand the work and apply your knowledge to the questions. Correct me if I'm wrong - this is just the impression I get from what I hear.
I have to agree with what you said about chemistry and physics. You need to understand the concepts in order to work the problems out.

For biology, I reckon it's a combination of both. Half of my class barely understand the concepts, as shown by our half-yearly results, and only memorise the information when the exams arrive.

But as I said, there is really a lot of information to understand and memorise :)

Le3sah

HSC
sle3pe3bumz said:
I'm considering it as well. :confused:
Sure, Physics is a really interesting subject. But having said that, to be successful you have understand the concepts/ideas behind it and be able to apply it to exam questions.

...I can't do that. :(

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
Kujah said:
I have to agree with what you said about chemistry and physics. You need to understand the concepts in order to work the problems out.

For biology, I reckon it's a combination of both. Half of my class barely understand the concepts, as shown by our half-yearly results, and only memorise the information when the exams arrive.

But as I said, there is really a lot of information to understand and memorise :)
oh okay .. well yeah, most people i know who do biology say that its quite easy so yeah. I've never really seen what was so interesting about bio so yeah. It just never seemed like my kind of subject.

Le3sah said:
I'm considering it as well.
Sure, Physics is a really interesting subject. But having said that, to be successful you have understand the concepts/ideas behind it and be able to apply it to exam questions.

...I can't do that.
O_O" By the end of the year, there will hardly be any 08'er physics students.

But yeah .. I may keep it. I just don't want to do 13 units. =/

cs01001 said:
Just 1 for me - Chem
<3

Kujah

HSC
N/A
sle3pe3bumz said:
oh okay .. well yeah, most people i know who do biology say that its quite easy so yeah. I've never really seen what was so interesting about bio so yeah. It just never seemed like my kind of subject.
I think that's probably the misconception with Biology. A Local Ecosystem is pretty easy, as it deals with the simple ecology things. But once you delve into the other topics, it turns out to be harder than you initially thought it was.

But, if you look at marks, Physics is definitely harder than Biology.

mel4dan

I did 3... Biology, Chemistry and Earth. I couldn't do physics at my school because it ran on the same line as Bio...:mad1:

This discussion looks like its going to turn into one of "Physics is better than Biology - Biology is better than physics...":bomb:

Kujah

HSC
N/A
HarryKozy said:
I did 3... Biology, Chemistry and Earth. I couldn't do physics at my school because it ran on the same line as Bio...:mad1:

This discussion looks like its going to turn into one of "Physics is better than Biology - Biology is better than physics...":bomb:
Depends on the person.

After all,

Chemistry = Physics = Biology

mel4dan

Kujah said:
Depends on the person.

After all,

Chemistry = Physics = Biology

yes, they all go hand in hand, you cant have one without the other, and naturally, mathematics is the basis to them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)