Anybody worried about english paper 2? (1 Viewer)

deebug

in front of a computer screen somewhere * aargh my
HSC
okay--im MAJORLY freaked out!!

paper 2 starts tomorrow--and my module b--is like bad..."i did critical study- wuthering heights"--i actually didnt finish reading the actual text...but i know what happens--and i have the key extracts to deal with ....anyways..i really enjoyed paper one...and i didnt do any study until like 5am the day of the exam....
but theres no way i can wing this one...i know i'm Procrastinating right now..

maybe it will be one of those things where im just gonna have to answer for the sake of getting something out of 20...better than a zero... not like we get to see our answers ever again....what do they do with the papers after they're marked any way...i heard it all goes in one big incenerator ...man that shits me..after all our stress and effort...they go and burn our papers..what would be good is if they put it in one big oven and sent us all a pie--i would definitley like one after all this stress and everything....

im gonna take it easy..it worked on monday...it might work tomorrow morning..
goodluck to the people that need it

go gloat in a corner* to those that studied five months before..in 10 hour periods...

Glenn198718

aurora_05 said:
Personally, I'm freaking out about the exam. I just feel so...unprepared. The last few years questions have been so varied that it's hard to know what to expect! Hoping Frontline won't be too bad as that's currently one of my better modules...but I'm going to get positively slaughtered by King Lear. And there's some potential for the same thing to happen with Emma/Clueless.
To all my friends...Its been nice knowing you...
I think you will be alright mate. If you study your work and you know it well i think you will be fine whatever the question is going to be. You WONT get slaughtered

Good luck for tomorrow everyone

candybanana

shellybelly087 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH i was watching the news the other night, and they were interviewing students as they came out of the paper one exam. And everyone was saying "oh yeah, pretty good questions, it was easy. i liked it etc" and then they got to this one girl, who was a mess. and she sed "oh god i hadnt prepared for anything like that. i hadnt studied anything they asked for!" HAHAHAH i pissed myself and thought well what the fuck have you been doing? Change?!?!

That is so true. how could you possibly not be prepared for what was in that exam? what planet were they living on?

tomcats 72

HSC
I'm as prepared as I'm ever going to be, still scared though. It will be so good to not have to think about Frontline, King Lear, or Brave New World and Blade Runner!!!

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
i cant believe u guys r complaining....ur skools chose relatively easy options

my skool chose

IN THE WILD : brave new world and blade runner
Poweplay : antony and cleopatra, and 2 additional txts
SPEECHES!!!: 12 speeches to learn and ull either have to write about 2 or 3 speeches u dont noe (and they can specify like in 02)

Mandy101

HSC
I'm kinda freaked out, but I've done all I can. Hopefully they won't be too nasty with the questions.

OnizuNeko

HSC
i have that stress sickness building up in my stomach >_<

=slade=

HSC
enoch said:

my skool chose

SPEECHES!!!: 12 speeches to learn and ull either have to write about 2 or 3 speeches u dont noe (and they can specify like in 02)
i feel for ya! we have A&C and i only JUST THEN found out we need dramatic devices! great teaching..
oh and we are like one of 5 schools that are stupid enough to do wild swans..gr worst text ever.

rusty_rouge

HSC
ummm - not worried as such - know my stuff, and can write all I need to in 40 minute slots - buuuuut - the problem is remembering it all in time for tomoro. It can all fly outta my head after 11.30...

Bokky

HSC
I called the advice line yesterday and he told me that the chances of them specifying a specific text in speeches is very low, because it hasnt been done since 01-02. Last years questions were much better and i hope this years is similar to last years. My essays for tomorrow are very short and i write each in 30 minutes which should get me home with some time to spare. Im glad im not the only one stressing over tomorrow, i thot i was gonna be the only one. my hardest task now is remembering the essays for tomorrow like some of u r having trouble with :(. o well good luck all :)

By the way, my second related text for history and memory is crap. Im doing a sport article on "fitler's fairwell", does any1 think thats a bad or good idea? :(

Last edited:

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Mandy101 said:
I'm kinda freaked out, but I've done all I can. Hopefully they won't be too nasty with the questions.

Nice attitude!!!

At this stage its most likely the majority have infact "done all they can" other than a little revision, just to polish off a few details here and there and make sure all the info is still fresh for the exam tmrw...

As for those who may have not in fact "Done all they can", well... theres not much u can do about it now, so u just have to go into the exam tmrw and try ur best, but most importantly u need to [size=+2]TRY[/size], thats the least u can do!... u have a few more hours now, perhaps learning a few quotes won't hurt!

U guys will be fine tmrw, so long as u try ur best, thats all that counts!...
Do the exam tmrw, whether u perform well, or not! u need to get up again and prepare for ur next exam. Alot of u guys have either legal or studies of religion (or even both) on Friday, give it all uve got tmrw, and dont look back...

to all those freaking out, u'll be fine just [size=+3]TRY UR BEST![/size]

Good luck, and I wish u all the best for tmrws exam, and all ur exams!

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I really don't see how they can form a 'difficult' Modules exam. Every year it simply requires you to apply the knowledge you've learnt all year to a particular question. As long as you know your texts and can articulate your ideas around the wording of the question there shouldn't be a problem.

A maths exam can be hard. An English exam, if you know your texts and text types, rarely is.

suhini

HSC
enoch said:

my skool chose

i feel your pain....only difference is im doing transformations (emma/clueless) instead of in the wild.

i love some of the speeches they've got, but to actually know all god damn 12 makes me feel there must be some sort of human rights violation going on here.

and as for antony and cleo... cleopatra is an annoying prat.

as for the paper in general tomoro, i think ill b ok with transformations and speeches.... but with powerplays im feeling the pinch!

suhini

HSC
c_james said:
A maths exam can be hard. An English exam, if you know your texts and text types, rarely is.
id do maths over english anyday. u either know it or u dont in maths. there is no wishy washy stuff in the middle. i mean u can know all your texts and stuff rlly well and still go wrong in english because u havent answered the question properly or u haven't gone in depth enough etc etc. each to his own i guess.

at least this time tomoro we wont ever go thru the agony again guys...of english at least! im just busting for november 2nd 12.30pm, to hurry up and come along!!!!

14 days to go... >_<

Last edited:

Bokky

HSC
yeah i agree with suhini, study ur texts hard for the next 13 hours and u wont have to worry about english ever again after 11:30am tomorrow (except those doing extension - sorry guys lol). :)

HSC
im freaking out for institutionsj but im realised amybe im just naturally shit at it, i love poetry/images though

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
im gonna screw up hard, because i hardly know anything for frontline and emma/clueless. all ive been doing today is basically king lear. this paper is going to be so evil, so hard people will come out crying.

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
suhini said:
id do maths over english anyday. u either know it or u dont in maths. there is no wishy washy stuff in the middle. i mean u can know all your texts and stuff rlly well and still go wrong in english because u havent answered the question properly or u haven't gone in depth enough etc etc. each to his own i guess.

at least this time tomoro we wont ever go thru the agony again guys...of english at least! im just busting for november 2nd 12.30pm, to hurry up and come along!!!!

14 days to go... >_<
Exactly. What's so difficult about answering the question? Use the key terms in your answer and develop your own ideas on the spot. It's rather easy.

With maths, conversely, you can know all your formulas and whatnot, but still not see the pattern of logic in the question.

English can be better fudged.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
that is very true james. you can study the night before for english without knowing anything and still get a 70. but for maths you need ages of practise to know how to do well. english is way easier than maths, coz you can make up stuff and still ace it hard!

rama_v

HSC
It easy to get 70 in english without studying (or, with minimal study)
Thats not possible in maths

Its virtually impossible to get 90 in english
Its easy to do so in maths with just a couple of weeks of study. You can study all you want for english and still fail to hit 90. But with maths, more work = mroe marks, always. Hence its tonnes easy to get 98/99 if u do 1 maths paper a week throughout the year

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)