Anyone else doing 15 units ?? (1 Viewer)

Tea Faerie

HSC
15 :jaw:
That's crazy man. I mean if that's what you truly want to do then go ahead and do it.
But think about it like this, one third of your units won't count, that's one third of your study time and effort wasted; which could be better used furthering yourself in 10 or 12 units which you could do even better in.

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Alright. Since Monday I have been officially doing 15units. You may now call me insane [I know I've been doing a bit of that myself lately].

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Alright. Since Monday I have been officially doing 15units. You may now call me insane [I know I've been doing a bit of that myself lately].
How are you finding the workload ?:)

x jiim

zimbardooo.
HSC
Uni Grad
Actually, it's surprisingly light. There isn't much work as such for drama, and I'm exploiting the fact that there's no-one there to check my work in German to cope. Which will probably come back to haunt me in future, but for now it's all good x]

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Ah...what a kind set of words for all those who got 100 UAI. But don't generalise. Getting top UAI doesn't mean that they love studying.

It's funny how you called him 'kid' when he should be like 10 years older than you...

BTW, he didn't get a state rank in English Extension 1 and I am sure that he didn't do it meaning that he did 14 units...

Yep

Only? Only? Don't underestimate it. Getting even to 400/500 stage is fairly difficult.

Nothing, it proves nothing at all.

I don't know what you are trying to prove...are you trying to say that dp624's achievement is not up to scratch? I can only see that they are extremely impressive.

If someone got 100 UAI with 10 units or whatever, I strongly believe that they can achieve to the similar standards even though they did more units...

@Dragonmaster: doing 15 units doesn't ALWAYS lead to disaster but it usually does. The people that we are dealing here are geniuses like Laurie. And you should realise that not everyone is like that.
Namu I don't really get what you're trying to say either lol. I got that idea of those kids love studying from my Career Advisor who has been working for more than 30 years. I didn't mean any offense to dp624. He still got a great UAI and was like the first guy I know who got 100 UAI with only 10 units. Laurie did do English Extension 1. i was referring to him at the time he did his HSC. If you check the Board's 2004 Distinguished Achievers List you'll see that he got a Band 6 for it(not a State Rank though).

I'm not saying everybody's a genius but you'll never really know unless you try.

Last edited:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Namu I don't really get what you're trying to say either lol. I didn't mean any offense to dp624. He still got a great UAI and was like the first guy I know who got 100 UAI with only 10 units. Laurie did do English Extension 1. If you check the Board's 2004 Distinguished Acheivers List you'll see that he got a Band 6 for it(not a State Rank though). I'm not saying everybody's a genius but you'll never really know unless you try.
I was simply responding to every comment you made.

And from what you posted there, I thought you were putting down dp624's result. Or may be I am just being pedantic by some of your use of wordings there.

And I agree, you will never know unless you try. But there are things which are still difficult even if you try. It doesn't mean that you will fail, it just means that you will do reasonably worse. 15 Units is ALOT. And not many people can go through that and still come up with an awesome UAI unless they have some crazy time management and some really advanced brain.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
I was simply responding to every comment you made.

And from what you posted there, I thought you were putting down dp624's result. Or may be I am just being pedantic by some of your use of wordings there.

And I agree, you will never know unless you try. But there are things which are still difficult even if you try. It doesn't mean that you will fail, it just means that you will do reasonably worse. 15 Units is ALOT. And not many people can go through that and still come up with an awesome UAI unless they have some crazy time management and some really advanced brain.
I reckon all those kids who got 100 UAI did their own self - acceleration for like all their subjects. That's why I'm self-accelerating now. With self-acceleration I reckon 15 units is possible, as long as you don't burn up.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I reckon all those kids who got 100 UAI did their own self - acceleration for like all their subjects. That's why I'm self-accelerating now. With self-acceleration I reckon 15 units is possible, as long as you don't burn up.
Yeah but that doesn't mean nothing at all unless you really accelerated in HSC meaning that you did HSC a year before or something. You still have to go through countless exams and study for them. Self-acceleration hardly means much.

And as long as you don't burn up? Obviously. As long as you don't burn up, you can even do 20 units because you would be working endlessly if you don't burn up. But the thing is, you do. No matter who you are, there are times when you do get burnt out and don't want to do anything.

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Yeah but that doesn't mean nothing at all unless you really accelerated in HSC meaning that you did HSC a year before or something. You still have to go through countless exams and study for them. Self-acceleration hardly means much.

And as long as you don't burn up? Obviously. As long as you don't burn up, you can even do 20 units because you would be working endlessly if you don't burn up. But the thing is, you do. No matter who you are, there are times when you do get burnt out and don't want to do anything.
Yeah well that's why I'm on the computer at the moment. I was getting burned up trying to teach myself HSC Physics.

LynFay

HSC
Conclusion: :bomb:
Have to agree with that.
i'm doing 13 and my english teacher wants me to pick up ext english too - that makes 14 and i doubt i can do that. I reckon you should drop a subject. Make life easier for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)