Anyone else not memorizing? (1 Viewer)

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I Agree with 2xL, memorising a response and adapting is fine. Do what ever your comfortable with, there is no right or wrong -don't insult people for the way they approach HSC English,
The system is built that you dont have to be Actually Good in English to do well, but you need to have the capacity to adapt a blueprint to the Essay Q
Well that reflects the idiocy of the system. You're literally saying you don't need to be good at the subject to do well, which is sadly true. That's just fucking ridiculous.

SamH0419

HSC
Best to do it as dot points like
- TECHNIQUE!!
- Explanation
- aspect it conveys in either Belonging or your Module

As of now, I cant remember much for Belonging. But I will try to break it down tonight :/ (as shown above)

2xL

HSC
Well that reflects the idiocy of the system. You're literally saying you don't need to be good at the subject to do well, which is sadly true. That's just fucking ridiculous.
It is, that's why I hate english so much. But at the end of the day, gotta do what you gotta do.

Aliyas

HSC
Im sorry? You refuse to memorise an essay on the basis that you have to change it to answer the question but you memorise your introduction? YOUR INTRODUCTION?! THAT THING THAT HAS YOUR THESIS?! Lol. You be smokin' some crazy shit son.
The way I do it, I have a basic introduction that defines belonging and stuff, and I can slot a random thesis into it and expand on it. Idk why you got so hyped up over that, but whatever.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Memorising is the only option if you suck at english. I remember reading each of my essays 8 times a day a month before the HSC.

tai-

HSC
N/A
People who memorise are fuckwits IMO. They're completely missing the point of their education - if they're good at english they should be able to write a decent essay on the spot.
you are such a faggot

killerg0d

HSC
I'm memorising my short story but for my modules and the belonging essay just remembering quotes, themes, and the main ideas of the texts. But remembering these quotes and themes you have to know your text pretty well.

Laughable

HSC
Since I have a memory of a goldfish, memorising whole essays will NOT work for me. I do better when I talk about it out loud then my mind jumps from one thing to another. Currently I'm just memorising quotes, techniques and then show how it conveys belonging...
For my creative I'm just gonna try and re-write it and hope it stays in my head I guess.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
So how do you guys who have memorised essays plan to deal with the situation when you are asked to write a feature article or a speech in the exam? If you don't have the power to make it up on the spot then you are fucked for lack of better terminology.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
Contentious issue.

I memorised all my essays including my creative writing piece. But what I also do is go over quotes from my prescribed and related texts. Techniques are easy to spot so I don't bother memorising techniques and my knowledge of them is pretty extensive.

I basically just adapt all my essays depending on the exam question on the day. It's worked for me so far so I'm doing it tomorrow, and on Wednesday too.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
I honestly can't be stuffed memorising...........
That too.
So how do you guys who have memorised essays plan to deal with the situation when you are asked to write a feature article or a speech in the exam? If you don't have the power to make it up on the spot then you are fucked for lack of better terminology.
I agree with solo for once.

Nooblet94

Premium Member
HSC
Out of curiosity, what are you expecting for Advanced?

EDIT: And/or any other Englishes you may do?
Mid to high 80s. I could do a lot better, but I cannot be bothered anymore.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)