Anyone get 95+ without TUTORING? (1 Viewer)

jennieTalia

HSC
CL827 said:
I haven't been tutored a minute in my life and I got 99.90 - if you understand a course well enough and work hard independently you don't need a tutor.
imho, I think that in the HSC they are also looking for something a bit different. Unless you take maths or something ;)
If you are in the histories, then you need a fresh approach to show them that you have given it individual thought... and sometimes this doesn't come through when you have been fed a textbook by yet another tutor.

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A
I didn't have a tutor. I didn't do any maths or science subjects.
And yes, I am asian. 99.85 UAI

What's wrong with the equation lol?

Gerald10

HSC
98.7, no tutoring and at a country comprehensive public school... and very white.

Katieeee

HSC
I got 98.35 - no tutor, no Asian heritage, and I did two "low scaling subjects" (Food Tech and PDHPE).

u-borat

Banned
HSC
99.05 and went to an english tutor once during the week before the exam.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
mrated96 said:
Fuck you. The hsc is bullshit. I got 98.2 and i smoked weed in between exams + no tutoring + no school and knew fuck all. Yes i am showing off.

I just memorised a few select essays and studied 3u maths really hard. I definetly knew a shitload less than friends who got 90 uai so the fact that this is possible means the system is shit

which is great cos you can fuck with it and do great.

ADVICE TO FUTURE HSC STUDENTS! Do essayish subjects ( 3 u english, modern) or subjects you already rule at (art or music) and rote learn and cram really fucking hard. Don't go to school, spend time at home studying only for the exam. dont learn anything you don't need to. Analsye exam papers and criteria and rip the shit out of this shitty exam
this is true, sadly

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
yes i got above 98 and got a schorlarship without a tutor. I also spent 10 hours each week on sports training

samantham

HSC
yeaahh! 97 with no help!

Subjects:
Eng Adv
MAths Adv
Maths Ext
Ancient History
Business Studies
SOR1
Biology

Eddyuuki

HSC
i gots 91.7 without tutoring at the third lowest ranked skewl in the state ^^

although thats not 95, i gets bonus points for going to a shit skewl and doing subjects relavant to the uni course i chose for next year.....

so i end up with 97+ :spin:

Eddyuuki

HSC
Z787b said:
99.20 no tutoring. B Advanced Science Syd Uni 2009
omgaaahs i wanna do a bach adv sci at syd uni too

hopefully ill c u there lol :haha:

Smeegen999

HSC
I've never had a tutor and got a uai of 98.05.

subjects: economics (95), mathematics (94), sor2 (93), advanced english (91), business studies (91).

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Smeegen999 said:
I've never had a tutor and got a uai of 98.05.

subjects: economics (95), mathematics (94), sor2 (93), advanced english (91), business studies (91).
I thought you could have got higher UAI with those results.

Smeegen999

HSC
lyounamu said:
I thought you could have got higher UAI with those results.
Do u think so? my subjects don't scale that well, except for maths and eco. I think business studies dragged me down

kiaria74

HSC
I got 99.25 UAI and, ironically, the two subjects I did worst in were the ones I got tuition for =S

I got an 84 in chemistry and a 66 in maths haha...maths didn't count, I hated it.

My other subjects were ancient history - 97, english advanced - 95, ext1 english - 48/50, ext2 english - 49/50, visual art - 97, no tuition but often sought extra help from teachers?

Pretty stoked! :headbang:
Also, I go to a public school on the coast, yeeeeewww. Public education works! Anyone else here public?

Lastly, I don't think there's any general "rule" about tutoring that is always true. e.g. some of my friends got tutoring for most of their subjects and didn't do too well in the end, whereas some of them found that their tutoring REALLY paid off. Depends on the student, their willingness to learn, the school teacher, and the tutor.

Last edited:

kiaria74

HSC
chewy123 said:
But a lot of people have to tutor because they are cursed with a crappy public education.
BLASPHEMY!! Public education is just as good as private. So what, we don't have a swimming pool and manicured gardens? Who cares! The way I see it my family saved $1000s. 20% of our school got over 90, I got 99.25, and we are a tiny coastal public school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)