Anyone getting their exam papers back from bos? (1 Viewer)

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Hmm, then where do they records the marks allocated for the questions, if they don't write on the exam papers?

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I'm pretty sure they record it on a separate sheet of paper containing the criteria or something. It makes it more convenient to add up as well.

jeckooo16

HSC
to who do we talk to about getting our work bak?
like where can we apply ?

Pwnage101

HSC
N/A
so we don't evenhave to give a reason? sweet

'I request access to document(s) concerning:' - would we just say 'HSC exam scripts for english (advanced), chemistry, ...'?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
$30 is really nothing. Should be really sweet to get the actual papers back. Good luck guys with that!

dolbinau

HSC
Why would you want unmarked papers back, out of curiosity? I personally just want to move forward :p.

The only thing I'd consider is 'donating' them to the school to use as examples of what the standard of work is for the marks, etc..

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
dolbinau said:
Why would you want unmarked papers back, out of curiosity? I personally just want to move forward :p.

The only thing I'd consider is 'donating' them to the school to use as examples of what the standard of work is for the marks, etc..
or donating to the BOS. And yeah, that's basically the reason. I would do it next year for all my subjects i guess.

dp624

HSC
I'll try to self-mark mine and give an indication of what raw marks correspond to aligned ones

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
I'm pretty sure they record it on a separate sheet of paper containing the criteria or something. It makes it more convenient to add up as well.

Each pile of scripts comes with a page which has the centre number at the top and the student numbers listed down the page.

We write our mark/s in little boxes beside the student's number.

As each marker only marks one question for a paper that has 4 questions then there will be 8 such pages, as responses are double marked.

These pages are returned to the clerical staff with the pile of papers and the clerical staff input the marks to the computer through a scanner - no manual adding of marks at all.

The marking criteria is a separate page - which we usually tape to our desks for ease of reference (along with a copy of the question we are marking and even, sometimes, the relevant page from the syllabus - e.g. for Modern History personalities we have the personalities pages so we know what content we should be seeing in response to the question particularly with the lesser done personalities that we mark.)

So a marker when marking a centre of 20 students will have, on their desk, the pile of 20 scripts for that question, a single page for the marks, a separate page for the criteria (not one copy of the criteria for each student), and some other pages if needed. It can get rather crowded at times. There are also two boxes, one marked IN and the other marked OUT. What is in the IN box are the scripts to be marked by that marker and the OUT box is where the marker puts the finished bundle when they have finished that entire bundle.

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
lyounamu said:
or donating to the BOS. And yeah, that's basically the reason. I would do it next year for all my subjects i guess.
+1

Deltan

Noob pharmer
HSC
fishbulb said:
Anyone getting their exam papers back from bos?
i havent even looked back at the hsc exam questions, what makes you think i want my exam papers back? =P

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Pwnage101 said:
so we don't evenhave to give a reason? sweet

'I request access to document(s) concerning:' - would we just say 'HSC exam scripts for english (advanced), chemistry, ...'?
Yes, that should be fine.

Reasons aren't necessary. You do need to make sure you have identified the specific documents to which you are requesting access. Include your student number.

dp624

HSC
When's the deadline for this and clerical rechecks? sry, i can't fine it online haha

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
Deadline for rechecks is 9 January 2009.

The only deadline for FOI applications is the period of time for which they retain your examination scripts. If they have them and you ask for them you [should] get them.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
@ some people are still not sure as to whether they should get the papers back or not: Please get the papers so that you can attempt at check for yourself. Then you can help fellow BoSers forming the picture how the aligning procedure works. (even though we know quite well at the moment, extra info will be nice ;) )

HSC
Some recent raw marks XXXposes would be nice, but i hear that doesn't happen much anymore.

dp624

HSC
lyounamu said:
@ some people are still not sure as to whether they should get the papers back or not: Please get the papers so that you can attempt at check for yourself. Then you can help fellow BoSers forming the picture how the aligning procedure works. (even though we know quite well at the moment, extra info will be nice ;) )
ESPECIALLY those who got the band cutoffs, e.g. 80 or 90. or 40.

And if you're not sure how to self mark, then the rest of Bored can help? This doesn't work so much for essays but

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
hey sorry to bump this, was referred to here by Lazarus when I made another thread.

So if we were sending a FOI off we tick that we want to inspect the original exam booklets or receive a copy of them?

in which case would we be entitle to a 50% rebate?

sinophile

HSC
N/A
Hell yeah, i am SO going to tell my maths teacher about this. He keeps going on about 'once you've sent your paper away, you'll never see it again". ha, bullcrap

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)