Anyone going to university by themselfs? i.e. without no friends from school (1 Viewer)

LazyBoy

HSC
Im going to usyd by myself, although i do have a friend in second year, and have made a new friend in first year (whom i met on wed), i hope i will meet some more ppl in lecs and tutes etc.

my question for you, is how do you plan on making new friends? have you started making any during oweek etc?

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
one of my close friends go there and also a few others from my school...but none of them do the same units as me. Except one of them does the same maths...i think. And I see my friend only once a week on modays.

.....so...I'm a loner at the start. But by the end...I'll have many enemies. [posible frends left out to reduce cheasiness]

LazyBoy

HSC
mmm well i hope i make good friends for tutes etc. but if i dont it doesnt matter, because really you change your units quite often. I think have many friends just to the same uni would make it easier. e.g. you have someone to have a drink with at lunch / after uni. etc

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
i don't know anyone doing engineering

i know like 3ppl from school doing other degrees though

alexialight

HSC
I don't know anyone at all going to my uni (usyd). I've talked to a few people at orientations and such but haven't really made friends yet. I hope I will though, I'm thinking uni will be a very lonely place otherwise.

LazyBoy

HSC
alexia if ya want we can meet n have lunch or something :) us loners gotta stick together.

HSC
i am a loner aswell
all my friends went to macquarie with some at uws and uts. i dont mind tho cos i sorta want uni to be something new and different from high school. however it would be alot easier to have some friends, hopefully i meet some who like playing pool in between classes and a drink on friday arvo's or any arvo for that matter

LazyBoy

HSC
Yeah i dont think of it as a bad thing, the point of this thread was in a way see how many people are in the same boat, and see how people plan on making friends.

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
LazyBoy said:
Yeah i dont think of it as a bad thing, the point of this thread was in a way see how many people are in the same boat, and see how people plan on making friends.

I would've luved to make frends with u...BUT....u r an art hippie...:p.......*jks*

SmokedSalmon

HSC
When I started uni last year I only had one friend there. During first week I met plenty of people in my lectures/tuts/pracs and eventually became good friends with a few of them.
A good way to make friends easily is by joining a few societies... and actually going to the meetings/outings.

kow_dude

HSC
I'm pretty much going to USYD by myself. Most of my friends are going to unsw. I like the diversity of backgrounds in USYD compared to UNSW.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
social events such as bbq's would be great to make friends.
I wouldnt midn making new friends, but ive already got so many which go to usyd

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Met some great people in higher years at o week, and yeah know some people in my year from school going, add onto that a few new friends and I'm right:)

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
waaaaaa, i'm a virtual loner, 'cept for some1 who i work with, whose doing like half the same subjects as me

eshi

shy
HSC
Also a loner...two of my close friends ARE going to Usyd but they're at the con and SCA! :eek: Meh...hopefully i'll make some friends in tuts etc :eek: but I'm thinkin that uni is gonna be hella different to high school in that respect.

Z

Zeppelin

I only have one friend going, but he is doing a completely different course to me. I'm not such an outgoing person, so it was hard for me to just sort of approach people at O-Week. I guess I'll meet some people in the societies and classes. I hope so. :(

LoneShadow

Uber Procrastinator
HSC
N/A
I'm the true loner...my nickname is the proof.........:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)