• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone here do strength training? (2 Viewers)

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
oh fuck, i just remembered, my mum gets shoulder problems and its possibly hereditary.

fucking fuck :(
Lol, can shoulder problems be hereditary? unless it's some sort of bone or muscle condition.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
some sorta bone condition my mum has, called 'frozen shoulder' or something.

and she said its hereditary, and that i should be careful when i do weights.

she told me this 2 yrs ago, ive noticed that sometimes when i do pushups i get the click then pain in left shoulder, but i always stop before pain builds up.

only noticed the click and pain during the barbell pullup thingo's recently.

L

quit bos forever 23/01/07
Under the Tuscan Sun, as per usual, fuckan tearin
HSC
N/A
some sorta bone condition my mum has, called 'frozen shoulder' or something.

and she said its hereditary, and that i should be careful when i do weights.

she told me this 2 yrs ago, ive noticed that sometimes when i do pushups i get the click then pain in left shoulder, but i always stop before pain builds up.

only noticed the click and pain during the barbell pullup thingo's recently.
u should thaw it out before beginning working out n training and such

andyMUFFINS

HSC
lol yeah, why not try stretching it or warming it up or something before you work out?

andyMUFFINS

HSC
hm.. :\ I duno.

Are you right handed ? :D then it makes it kinda okay, cept. Your right arm would be larger than your left.

LOL what im tryna say is maybe you could take some weight off your left side, maybe lean on your right side a bit more and see if it helps.

andyMUFFINS

HSC
hahah goodluck to you omie jay :) dont go too hard but. Have you consulted a professional about it though?

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
GAHH!!

okay so i did some forced negatives bicep curls on saturday arvo/night, 15kg, quite slow, 3 sets of 7 reps (i did regular curls before so im already tired), FUCK THAT KILLED!!!

but srsly, my forearm bone started hurting a tiny bit on my left arm, and a tiny bit less on my right arm, but main thing is that i felt it in left forearm bone, i could definately tell that it had come under stress.

kinda scary, i had an image of my forearm bone snapping, lol, but its okay now guise, dont worry :)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Unless you have osteo' I wouldn't worry about snapping bones, more likely explanation is that the muscles in your forearms were getting sore.

More importantly don't do bicep curls or at least don't talk about them in a strength thread. Do pull-ups/chin-ups they will work your biceps hard but also give you some useful upper body strength - e.g. the ability to climb things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)