• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Anyone here do strength training? (1 Viewer)

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
lol, this has kinda turned into a general 'workout' thread, but whatever.

and i know what it feels like to have sore forearms, and this was very different, this time i felt it in the bone, havnt felt this before, probably a ligament thing, but i know 100% that it definately wasnt just sore forearms.

yeah snapping bones is just me having a freaky mind, lol.

and sadly i dont have a chinup bar at home, i'd love one though, where can u get em from, how much do they usually cost?

Boxes

Banned
HSC
lol, this has kinda turned into a general 'workout' thread, but whatever.

and i know what it feels like to have sore forearms, and this was very different, this time i felt it in the bone, havnt felt this before, probably a ligament thing, but i know 100% that it definately wasnt just sore forearms.

yeah snapping bones is just me having a freaky mind, lol.

and sadly i dont have a chinup bar at home, i'd love one though, where can u get em from, how much do they usually cost?
you can get a really good chin up bar from rebel for like $35. it's one of those ones which fit into your doorway.

i've got that exact one, and it's quite good. really sturdy.

Last edited:

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
you can get a really good chin up bar from rebel for like $35. it's one of those ones which fit into your doorway.

i've got that exact one, and it's quite good. really sturdy.
i work at Rebel so comeby and i'll help u out (BOS Discount)

Fortify

♪웨딩드레스
HSC
Yes, I train my fingers by playing RTS games.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
Our school does a strength training thingy 3 days a week after school for yr12s :)
I dont do it though...

eye ov azazel

Dismembered Member
HSC
N/A
oh thats heaps cool electrolysis!

i started doing weights as school sport in second half of year 10, turns out i became quite good at it and got awesome results!

Is that school training free or did u have to pay?

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
which rebel do u work at?
prepare for lolz....."Blacktown". But i have my own staff discount everywhere.

oh and boxes....just comeby the store if blacktown is convenient, im working this thurs from 5-9, or just pm me or whateva ill try to set u up.

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
they sell benches at rebel? damn i should get out more.

what're they like $500 or something? last time i went they had 20kg dumbell sets for like $90

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
they sell benches at rebel? damn i should get out more.

what're they like $500 or something? last time i went they had 20kg dumbell sets for like $90
yeah at my Rebel we got 2 benches with adjustable heights for the bar, ones an olympic bench tho, others just standard (includes leg extension and preacher station), then we got benches for various free weight exercises and for squat racks/cages.

from memory we got the 50kg set which includes-50kg weights, think a 7ft barbell, 2 dumbells and the spinlocks, all for $199.99!!!!!

and the 20kg set u speak of, including 2 spinlock dumbells is reduced from $100 down to $80!

so come on down BOSers!

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
can u get me a discount at miranda rebel sport for pullup bar?
lulz? how bout macq centre, im there for uni so yeah more convenient for me in some ways.

other than that, and this is for everyone too-

NRMA Members- 5% discount (remember to have ur card and number)
MBF or Medibank (can never remember)-5%
misc. e.g certain clubs, organisations, etc-range from 5%-7.5% discount.

oh and if u work for ambo's, firefighters or police u have 7.5% disc.

and if u see the same item* at a cheaper price at any other store, we'll beat it by 10%!

*item must be EXACTLY the same and the store has to have it in stock. terms and conditions apply.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
sweet, i got a medicare card.

and macq is quite a distance, i go to unsw..
ahk....yeah well thats the best i can do for u, or just shop around and see if u can find one cheaper, then ask them to price match it.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC

this is the one that makes my left shoulder joint click, happened again on saturday arvo when i did weights, so annoying >.<

edit: LOL THEY NOT LETTING ME POST THE LINK

Last edited:

quik.

HSC
First up, to the guy who was looking for a chinup bar: I have a like, workout station thing. Chinup bar, pushup handles, dip handles etc all in one. I have a squat rack now with all that on it, so anyone who wants it is free to take it.

To the person whose bones felt sore: If this was in your forearm during bicep curls, it is normal. Tiny stress fractures in your bone come from heavy curls, drink up on milk and only do one heavy bicep day and it should go away as your bones thicken.

sdcloud69

Banned
HSC
^ how much that squat rack set you back? i want to invest in one since squatting heavy without one is impractical.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)