Anyone Just See The News? (1 Viewer)

Sonik

HSC
N/A
They just had a report from the marking centre... :eek: ...my heart fucking dropped...some of the shit was insane...I'm gonna get slayed....I'd just totally forgot about it & now I'm blowin up...wasted fucken year...

artfaggette

dongs
HSC
Ahh wouldn't it be amazing to see your own work while absent mindedly channel surfing!
I second mz bubbletea! What was there? :D

Sonik

HSC
N/A
^ I imagine its pretty fucken good then...I can't tell you everything that was on it but there were some extremely good things & made me nearly smash my room knowing that I wasted the year...Fuck it...I'm over it now haha...But yeah those that I saw were quite good...

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Sonik said:
^ I imagine its pretty fucken good then...I can't tell you everything that was on it but there were some extremely good things & made me nearly smash my room knowing that I wasted the year...Fuck it...I'm over it now haha...But yeah those that I saw were quite good...
I hope it burns down :D

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
hmm
It makes me laugh how many people here care so much about getting into art express, i'm so worried about getting even a good mark lol
So many people do art like... i dunno 18,000 a year and only like... what 60 of em get their works exhibited? lol

bubble_tea

this year there is 8100-something people doing art :p
about 1200 of them get exhibited..

it be nice if you got selected.. makes you feel like people appreciate your work and you get some recognition. :p

edit: woops, i meant 1200 get pre-selected.. i think only 150 works get exhibited..

Last edited by a moderator:

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
u, worry abt getting crap mark.. bitch slap u :D yours amazing, i absolutely adore your effort and talented ability.....

no offence but some of the work displayed in art express are unremarkable keke just bloody hang your artwork in front of your house, I think you'll receive alots more attention than artexpress :D

cuivienen

HSC
Some of the artworks that were shown on the news coverage were absolutely amazing! I loved the one with a concept of India and Luna Park...mesmerising...and how about those magnificent sculptures...meep! Art Express is going to be great next year...can't wait :)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Why is art express always such a let down?
It always bothers me that some works get in and others don't, is it because like... they try to take a range from different areas? ie, a bunch from western sydney not just all inner sydney? A Bunch from private/public? Try and give as many schools a representation ie; not giving a school 2 entries?

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
man, stacks of schools get 2 entrys and more.
Seriously, you always notice one or 2 particualr schools with many entrys.
I dont think they really do discriminate...and you gotta remember, they facter in the whole "what would look best at the place they will be displayed" so fuckin mad works might not be displayed forthose reasons/issues.
But they do try to be diverse in style, which, in my opinion, is good. To see a whole range of things, specially as inspiration for us going into year 12.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
I think there might be some discrimination... ie (look we have no schools from western sydney with entries.... lets let a few in)

I understand that they usually go for a 'theme' but most hsc artworks are just teen angst and random stuff so I think they can put them into any theme they want... I just don't like stuff with heaps of 'meaning' that has nothing visual to show for it.

Redrum<<

HSC
N/A
i saw it, it was on channel 9 at the end of the 6:00 clock news, there works were awsome.
- I dont no about discrimination, but sometimes you have to think that students who go to private schools, or those who get funded and supplied with art materials, are way betta off. My school there was zero funding, guys got free canvas and shit, but when it came to the big things, such as printing and presentation, it was all up too us, we werent even helped with packaging, btw i go to a catholic school....

V

val_dramaqueen

to those who saw it.... did anyone see a cow looking dress?!

V

val_dramaqueen

yes... a dress with cow-ness on it... cow-print.. you know the stuff... it was red and yellow all around the skirt too....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)