Anyone Just See The News? (1 Viewer)

bubble_tea

haha yeah, but I'm not like one of them overly crazy-about-art people.. and i'm a pretty open minded person..

but really its pretty true, art people dress really weird and i don't know but they don't really seem like people who have lives.

danie

a fool
HSC
BUGGER ART! The morning (exactly two hours) before my BOW was due I found a mistake with the date so I tried to fix it up and instead fucked it over! BTW not too bright ur work was excellent, I'd be lying back if I were you. Besides ArTExpress is so pretentious and the level of quality every year is diminishing. With that said I had a gander at a lot of the school's showcases this year I'd have to say I'm waiting out for 2005 because some are just so for lack of a better word, ACE!

V

val_dramaqueen

hey, not that bright,
my dress had... yeah, cow "splotches" as you put it... you know how cows are sometimes white with black "spotches"?
it was like that :D
I only did it because it went with the sound i had with the whole thing. (I had recorded myself performing a monologue about cows)

alika

art express

with the whole art express thing, i mean i would be totally amazing to get into it, but even if your do get to mark to get in the atyle of your work has to match the style which is being exhibited. Just beacuse your work might not get in doesnt mean you arnt an amazing artist who did some really great work it just may mean your piece or pieces didnt fit in with the exhibition style.

Good luck in art exam everyone ONLY 19 days to go!!!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea well... if it comes on the news again, if anyone see's the attached picture... tell me so i can call up channel 9 and make them send me a tape of it lol

Last edited:
Whinging Barstads

ok
all you sydney people
YOU WILL ALL DO WELLL!!!! it is inevatiable
you guys get everything...quit your fucking whinging!
you have the museums for inspiration
good teachers
quality art supplies at hand
proper art rooms
access to printing facilities
ACCESS TO EVERYTHING
us poor country kids get NOTHING we have a demountable for an art room that doesn't even have hand towels and is falling down! our art teachers are old and know nothing giving us NO help in exam prep or major, there is no access to anything,
i did a digital work and had to get it printed A3 cause that was the biggest we could get up here.
so quit your whinging!, the markers don't lok at the work they go o sydney has to be good 90
wauchope where the hell is that oh give em 60,
IT IS SO BIASED
the board needs to pull there head out of there arses

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
It is bias... however it's fairly bias towards regional works, they recognise that you guys are at a fair disadvantage... which is why heaps of your works go on the regional art tour thing, which goes almost for a whole year.

Martini

The Truth About Art Express

Just so we've got our facts straight, my cousin works for the Art Gallery of NSW and she told me that for every artwork that receives 45 or above out of 50 by the BOS is "short-listed" for Art Express. And for the Art Express in Sydney (i.e. showed at AGNSW, COFA, and the David Jones windows) just 3 people walk around, look at all the works that were short-listed and choose whatever the hell they personally like! That is to say that these people are the curator from AGNSW, someone from COFA and someone that looks after the display windows for DJ's. So, whatever they have in mind for their overall display, or whatever they like, is chosen and that's what gets displayed in the end. So the only thing bias is their opinion!

yeah but regional kids can't get that 43 out od 50 cause or works can never look profesional like the sydney ones because we don't have access to the facilities to do so !!!! :<

artfaggette

dongs
HSC
To all the whinge-o-matic country kids (I am one myself minus the whinge), good art does not require amazing facilities or resources. Talent is the key. Yes, it is frustrating not having access to fancy-pants materials but this promotes improvisation, ingenuity and originality in artworks.

P*O*R*T*I*A

HSC
I totally agree artfaggettte... and lets not make generalisations about sydney schools, I go to a sydney school and my art facilities are anything but fancy. I had to improvise and I did NOT use state of the art materials and technologies. It is unfortunate that you teachers are bad, but I have many friends at other Sydney schools that have terrible art teachers. However, how can I deny that we are blessed with access to great museums and art gallery's!

Caboodles

I agree with all you guys and I know it happens everywhere not only the country....our computers dont even have photoshop on em....and the one computer that does has an old version of photoshop. I told the teacher I couldn't work at school due to lack of facilities, I told her I use PS CS and she was like "whats that?"
I had to travel 2 hours to get my pictures printed, and it took so long!
But apart from that luckily I had a really supportive art teacher who wanted to develop my works, and always supported me. I used scanners at home and that and brought them into school where she would give me ideas, and art supplies such as watercolour paper, and markers. She even gave me photographic paper to cover for the printing I had to get done!:) I improvised, and well yeah discovered some new skills and stuff....so it wasn't all bad I guess!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)