Are checkouts that bad? (1 Viewer)

greekgun

HSC
OMG CieL...are u stalking me jk jk.

The idiot customers at the coles im at dont listen when they scan their fb 20 times, i literally have to grab there hand to stop when i get these idiot customers.

tubtub

HSC
i stear clear of checkouts cause they are evil-feral people left, right and centre. i do recovery, which at least i can run away from customers.

cuppy

HSC
N/A
greekgun said:
But that doesnt change that working at the checkout is comparable to burning in hell.
i had no idea it was that bad. whats recovery?

HSC
Dan7 said:
They said it wasn't that and stated that school kids could start work at 4:30. I said I could start at 4:30 if I needed to and they didn't have anything to say about that.
I don't know if this is applicable to your state or situation, but there is a loophole in my award that allows school students to work extremely short shifts, i.e. 2-2.5 hours, on days when the store closes at 6pm. However, this only applies for school students. I don't know the opening hours of the store that you applied for, but this may be why they are able to start at 4.30 and you are not.

tubtub

HSC
cuppy said:
i had no idea it was that bad. whats recovery?
recovery is working on the shop floor, putting away returns and making stock neat and tidy.

CieL

HSC
God recovery must be so boring.
Sometimes when it's quiet, my manager asks me to put away loose stock and facing..
I get bored after 10mins of doing it.
It reminds me of stocktake without the counting.

HSC
Putting away stock is the best checkout alternative that I can think of. But, then again, I can't do too much of it. I mean, an hour here and there is fine. Once, though, I did stock return for the whole day and it was horrible.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
any role is fine as long as you're occupied, i reckon. i've had days on checkouts when like, 4 people passed through in about 2 hours...all i had to occupy myself with in between was cleaning...and there's only so many times you can wipe down a bench or re-line a bin. and then on the other hand i got put on recovery and was like noooooo, but then the grubby spawn of some feral redneck came and wrecked half the displays, and since i was the only one on floor that day i was kept nice and busy.
having said that though, generally registers FTW.

HSC
^^^

No, thats true. We were dead today, but because I was on the end checkout, I had to stay there for "security reasons". The only people I was getting were those who couldnt be bothered walking over to the express lanes. I watched everyone else clean or wander around doing something equally as stupid. I felt so unloved.

But, it turns out i won't be on registers for the afternoon on christmas eve. Since I change price tickets at the end of every week, and our catalogue finishes on Monday, not Sunday, they need to be changed on Monday.

Its the best news I've heard in a really long time, except I haven't told the checkout manager yet. But if he says anything mean, one of our managers has threatened to beat him up. And I reckon she could take him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)