Are there any Christian teenagers out there?? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dangeroustiger1

HSC
Hey, so I was wondering, now that Australia (and indeed the world to an extent) is becoming more secular or secular-orientated, are there many Christian teenagers out there?

Im a Catholic girl and i am proud of my faith! However, there does seem to be a shortage of catholic/christian teenagers out there at the moment.

Let me know: Are you catholic? Is this something you are open with to people or more of a private thing?

Also, are there actually Catholic guys out there? I ask because im finding it hard to 'find' Catholic guys, ppl who see their faith as an important part of their lives and live their lives guided by their faith. I want to find a guy that i share my faith with in a relationship!

Do you guys exist? aha thanks! :kiss:

Dangeroustiger1

HSC
Of course I could, but thats not the kind of relationship I'm personally looking for. i want to connect with a guy on the deeper level that faith is, rather than only a physical/similar interests level

Libby01P

Banned
HSC
We were having a very interesting discussion about this in English the other day. Do you thk it's more accepted to say you're homosexual than saying you're Christian? I have nothing against either, I just thought it was interesting.

btw what's a 'secular boy?'

Last edited:

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
We were having a very interesting discussion about this in English the other day. Do you thk it's more accepted to say you're homosexual than saying you're Christian? I have nothing against either, I just thought it was interesting.

Secular... as in no religion. No faith in a religion.

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A

are you implying you, as a religious teenager are discriminated against more than someone who's gay?

thats ridiculous, christians have equal rights in front of the law, christians don't have to compete with social 'norms', they enforce them.

Last edited:

omnipotent

HSC
Wait...you mean it's not acceptable to be christian anymore?
Hold on, let me tell the majority of the world....

I myself know that at my school there are heaps of "catholic" boys, however very little of them are religous

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I go to a catholic school... does that count.

I have no faith though >_>. I simply go to my school because it has the best education in the region + my friends go there (from primary school).

NotOneLess

HSC
Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find?
- Proverbs 20:6

Brontecat

HSC
i dunno about catholic guys, but a lot of the guys at christian schools are rlly into a religion without being freakily into it - if u get what i mean

btw i'm openly a roman catholic :)

Brontecat

HSC
lol iron is the essence of catholicism in a tad ott way

btw i think its great that u want a relationship at a spiritual level

samthebear

HSC
LOL. you deserve rep.

Back on topic: there are many christian boys - you just need to know where to find them. Attending a catholic school might help too! and WYD would've been a great time to pick up on many a religious boys. other countries are much more religious than australia is (in terms of the country being mostly Christian)

EDIT:
Secular... as in no religion. No faith in a religion.
i thought secular meant a seperation between religion and government... isnt atheist the one where you dont bevelie in God/religion?

Last edited:

yer8899

HSC
i am christian. no im not very open about it mainly because it never comes up in conversation due to the fact that i have no devout christian friends, i dont go to church and also because i am the only christian in my family/extended family

Paradox.101

HSC
Your question is a little vague?
There are lots of Christian boys out there. But are you looking for someone that would pour their heart into you, passionate, caring, affectionate,... basically more affectionate than the average guy and someone that would step out of their way just to do something to make you happy?

i thought secular meant a seperation between religion and government... isnt atheist the one where you dont bevelie in God/religion?
That's what I thought as well...

Dangeroustiger1

HSC
i dunno about catholic guys, but a lot of the guys at christian schools are rlly into a religion without being freakily into it - if u get what i mean

btw i'm openly a roman catholic :)
Yeah, i get what u mean. Im into religion at school too (lol ranked 1/113 ahahah) but not freakily or ott into it. I have my beliefs and i dont try too hard to impose them onto other people.

lol iron is the essence of catholicism in a tad ott way

btw i think its great that u want a relationship at a spiritual level
Thankyou :) Its hard to explain this to ppl these days in a culture where physical attraction is valued the highest in most relationships.

out of curiousity, would you rather date a roman catholic girl or a secular girl? Are you looking for this spiritual relationship as well?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Spiritual relationship? Does this mean with God as well?

woah... supernatural threesome :D (or would you just pray all the time)... hehe.

Paradox.101

HSC
physical attraction is valued the highest in most relationships.
If that's what you meant, I totally agree with you. People nowadays tend to just value looks yet not valuing in personality. Besides, personality lasts longer than beauty right?

If you're beautiful outside but not inside, what's the point?... -cough- Megan Fox -cough- :rolleyes:

Personally, I wouldn't mind if they were secular or Catholic as long as they're loving, caring, trustworthy - the things that are overlooked - I would date her.
IMO, you're generalizing the Catholic population. There are so many people out there, that aren't Catholic and yet posses these characteristics and aren't so materialistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)