• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Are there any good Christian Clubs at MQ? (1 Viewer)

mrbplus

HSC
Hi, just wondering if there are any good Christian clubs at MQ? Is anyone here a member of one? Are they fun or really conservative?

X

xeuyrawp

mrbplus said:
Hi, just wondering if there are any good Christian clubs at MQ? Is anyone here a member of one? Are they fun or really conservative?
I'm member of the Homosexual and Transgender Christians Unite Society -- HOTXUSOC.

There are two main other societies -- StudentLife, and something else. StudentLife is the main one, though. Being at university, I doubt they'd be very conservative.

^___^
HSC
PwarYuex said:
I'm member of the Homosexual and Transgender Christians Unite Society -- HOTXUSOC.

There are two main other societies -- StudentLife, and something else. StudentLife is the main one, though. Being at university, I doubt they'd be very conservative.
yeah, studentlife is the main one on campus
they seem rather friendly(or should i say..less radical?), compared to other uni's christian groups..

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
there is a hillsong group
student life is the dominant one, you will definitely hear from them, they are not conservative
there is a catholic one and some other christian denominations but you don't hear from them

ND

HSC
Hahah wtf are there actually transgender people at uni?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
The Fix is really a Christian club, don't let them fool you! :(

X

xeuyrawp

ND said:
Hahah wtf are there actually transgender people at uni?
Yes, and we don't like to be refered to by nontrans as 'transgender'. We prefer 'sexually impared', 'transgenderly skilled', or 'freaks'.

krome24

HSC
N/A
mrbplus said:
yeah cuz ill tell u wat happened to me once. like this dude just comes up to me with this like lil bucket of chocolates or someshit... hes like "hey there, wud u like a free chocolate :)? " ... im like... "yeah how" ... hes like "all u gotta do is answer 3 simple q's and u also go in the running for a major prize!" ... im like .. yeah watever i want a chocolate... and i gotta giv my fone number in caase i win the prize... and 2 weeks later.... this dude calls me up n hes like "hey man, i was wondering if u wanna meet up some time?... like we can just catch up n talk." ... haha man wat the fuck is that.... it went from getting a chocolate to meeting up and talking abt christianity n who knows wat else.... my advice: stay away from those trippyass weirdos man...

bscienceboi

HSC
N/A
There are like 8 different Christian groups at Macquarie. Student Life (Lollypop People) is probably the main club on campus. I'm not exaggerating either, check the SAM website.

p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s

mademoiselleN
HSC
Student life's non-catholic and the main meeting on tuesday.

They're very lively, very non conservative...quite cool for a "christian" thing.

BUT it'll hard to say "no" if u're not that keen after attending one. There'll be several people taking your mobile number and send you several text messages...in such a nice way that it's almost impossible to refuse!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
From what I know about the evangelical union at usyd, they're pretty gronky and clingy.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s said:

They're very lively, very non conservative...quite cool for a "christian" thing.

BUT it'll hard to say "no" if u're not that keen after attending one. There'll be several people taking your mobile number and send you several text messages...in such a nice way that it's almost impossible to refuse!
there's also the Chinese Christian Society :rofl:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
p.r.i.n.c.e.s.s said:

Just like Hitler, but he used speech, not text messages.

;)

But seriously, the only religious group I know on campus is StudentLife. I avoid them at all costs. They're like telemarketers - they attack during a meal break (generally on the lawn near mac theatre under the trees) and are really nice so its hard for you to tell them to leave.

I figure that if I wanted to be apart of a group at uni, I would have done my research and joined by now. They are preying on the laziness and passiveness of fellow students.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
Just like Hitler, but he used speech, not text messages.
Hitler was kinder, he just killed you, these guys torment you :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I find the most effective method of dealing with people like this, and it has been tried and tested with Victor Ma's cronies, the CSC, and StudentLife, is to shake the hand, and if they persist telling them to fuck off :)

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
AsyLum said:
Hitler was kinder, he just killed you, these guys torment you :(
Well said!

And Jamie, I had a similar experience once, but you learn fast. Like classical conditioning. You see them coming and you start to run :)

They once pestered me and a friend with their guise of chuppa chupp-giving, but they videoed our responses for one of their midnight clut meetings. Since then, each time I see them approaching, I just say I'm not interested. I always have to fight back the temptation of saying something about my affinity with Luicifer and pulling out a slaughtered lamb. Or asking the age-old question of whether Eve had sex with her sons' to produce the next female (and if so, why is incest so negatively looked upon nowadays).

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
MaryJane said:
I always have to fight back the temptation of saying something about my affinity with Luicifer and pulling out a slaughtered lamb.
Im weak :(

"Hey would you like a lollypop?"
"Only if its dipped in the blood of 15 virgins as a sacrifice to Uth-ellah!"

*backs away*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)