Are there English Advanced students who do not enjoy English? (1 Viewer)

kazziiee

class of 2010 : )
HSC
depends on teacher alot.

my teacher this year managed to make me like english;
ive got friends who do standard and still hate it.

i like it because it so different to the last years;
+you get better bands and uai : )

Jaylee42003

HSC
So i was wandering, are there English Advanced students who do not enjoy English or is it just me? i'm an English Advanced student and tbh, i do not enjoy english >.<
Is there anyone else out there?

For people wandering why i'm not doing English standard instead, it's because my teacher believes that i am an Englished Advanced student. So, i decided to try it out for my prelim and decide whether to stay or move to standard at the end of the year.
Sameee. It's defo not my fav subject. and I was recommended to do EXT, but decided that I don't love English THAT much, so chose Advanced.
I kinda wanted to do Standard, but it's awfully harder to get a Band 6 in Standard that Advanced.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
yeah I do english advanced, and I hate it :)
I probably wouldnt mind it if they chose good texts though...

duckcowhybrid

HSC
I hated Emma in 3U and liked Brave New World and As Good as it gets in 2U. Now I'm doing Tess of the d'Urbervilles in 2U and it's a shitbox book and coupled with the fact my (awesome) English teacher left for Head Teacher English at Turramurra High so I have some gay substitute makes it worse. In 3U I'm doing Arcadia, and my teacher's alright so it's much better for menow. Arcadia's pretty good actually. It's all up to the texts.

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
I hated Emma in 3U and liked Brave New World and As Good as it gets in 2U. Now I'm doing Tess of the d'Urbervilles in 2U and it's a shitbox book and coupled with the fact my (awesome) English teacher left for Head Teacher English at Turramurra High so I have some gay substitute makes it worse. In 3U I'm doing Arcadia, and my teacher's alright so it's much better for menow. Arcadia's pretty good actually. It's all up to the texts.
yeah it defintely depends on the texts. I'm doing Othello in Advanced which is okay, but for 3 weeks all we did was watch the play acted in the globe theatre.
Ext we are doing Waiting for Godot.

dp624

HSC
Turramurra lol?
zzz
I liked BNW and disliked Tess as well

omnipotent

HSC
Oh how I hate english. I somewhat hate advanced, although i have a very good teacher. The movie were doing is also good (into the wild) but the texts....oh how i hope David Malouf dies.
Extension is just child molestation. just being in that room feels like someone is kneeing me in the 'nads non-stop. first The Wasteland, now The 'not so' great world, also by David Malouf.
anyone else here have the unfortunate displeasure of having to read his work?

pman

Banned
HSC
We don''t have an option, everyone has to do advanced but the group i sit woth in class are doing very well (all top 50 at a top 20 school) and none of us would do any english if it wasn't compulsery, we all do 3 or 4 unit maths and absolutley hate English. so not only do we do advanced, were good at it but wouldn't do english by choice (tho for most of us it is our worst subject)!

orthentix

HSC
what THE FUCK@!@!@!@!@!

I'm in year 11. I do advanced english and trust me its terrible. I guess it depends on the teacher. However, i cannot fathom someone liking ext english.

Don't point the finger and call me ignorant. IF you plan on doing your an impersective .. little fuck who enjoys penor.

:wave:

ashie0

world
HSC
N/A
if you hate adv english i doubt you'd like standard much more.
i hate the set up of english, i hate the modules, and my teacher is a jane austen loving, monarchy-worshiping woman stuck in the 17th century...

bored of sc

HSC
YES!!! I was talked into doing it because some teachers thought I was good at English. I'm doing okay, but I hate it sooooo much. Actually its okay in parts.

xxstef

languages are my world <3
HSC
belonging was horrible, but ever since then, eng adv hasn't been to bad at all.
it's a lot better than year11, i have to admit.

Official

Bring it on
HSC
I know that I'll be doing English Advanced in the future.
I also know that I will not enjoy it.

funkinawesome

HSC
well, i must have been completely out of my mind when i chose it cause i absolutely hate the subject with a passion. not recommended for people that do modern history and music - very bad combo. overall, english is a shit subject cause we dont really need it - only for writing essay's properly. seriously, why does english have to be compulsory -IT SUCKS (as i have already established).
DEATH TO ENGLISH

maplestory

Autoplay Member
HSC
So i was wandering, are there English Advanced students who do not enjoy English or is it just me? i'm an English Advanced student and tbh, i do not enjoy english >.<
Is there anyone else out there?

For people wandering why i'm not doing English standard instead, it's because my teacher believes that i am an Englished Advanced student. So, i decided to try it out for my prelim and decide whether to stay or move to standard at the end of the year.
i dun enjoy ADVANCED ENGLISH at all
& i am moving to standard in yr 12

to be honest, advanced is way too much for me

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
We have to do Advanced in Yr 11, and I'm likely to keep it next year...
Writing is a pain (although classes are ok).

technicolour

HSC
I'm doing quite well at it, but I can't stand the content, especially the AOS. Of course, it doesn't help that my teacher's a little condescending...

Geeeeeeeee

HSC
quite frankly, i hate going to english, studying for english and writing essays for english. :)

HSC
actually most of the people doing advanced english dont enjoy it at my school.

i usually dont mind english.
frankenstein/bladerunner ruined my love for english though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)