are we behind? (1 Viewer)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
in english we have just started ..somethings on "Identity"

In maths we have done: algebra, surds, basic arithmetic, and have started solving quadratic equations (by factoring, completing the square and the quadratic formula).

In physics we are learning how to plot waves...???? :confused: i think we are behind in this..

In chem we are just reviewing alkanes, alenes and alkynes. :confused:

in legal studies we have only completed the legal notions and how they relate to law...

OMG i feel the teachers are going to slow..we have to cover so much content and concepts in three terms.....

as a resulted i have resorted to going ahead on my own..in all my subjects..

Where is everyone else at ?

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
what maths do you do?

for my maths, we've done algebra (expanding, factorising etc.), quadratic equations, simultaneous equations, completing the square and i think we might have started the numbers and surds chapter yesterday but i missed out due to my geography excursion..

rolror88

HSC
N/A
For Chem, we've done quite a bit, We're pretty much covered everything up to 4th topic in the dot point book.

For maths, because we're doing accelarated 2 unit, we've just done series and sequences, a bit of work which wasn't covered in year 9 and 10 (like solving for 3 unknowns, absolute value) and gone straight onto trig identities. The teachers have said that they will assume we know all the stuff from year 9 and 10 (ie algebra, surds, geometry, trignometry etc.)

studentcheese

HSC
Your school is behind by a bit, but not by much because schools are supposed to do a bit of revision and basics for the first four weeks.

dux&src

HSC
i do maths and extension.

and please excuse the typos i have in my post.. i'm really rushed atm :(

dux&src

HSC
Your school is behind by a bit, but not by much because schools are supposed to do a bit of revision and basics for the first four weeks.
so now that the first four school weeks are pretty much over.
what should i expect next week?

Last edited:

studentcheese

HSC
You should expect to learn 'new' stuff.

e.g. in Mathematics Extension 1, you might be starting on Trigonometry.. not like SOH CAH TOA but maybe radians, sums and differences of angles and general solutions of trigonometric equations.
and e.g. In English, you should expect to receive assessment tasks and practice writing heaps of essays.

etc... the workload will start increasing

mrcalkin

Banned
HSC
maths we are almost done functions. 1 more period and its done.
physics we are so behind, teachers is a fuckedn retarded. Going on about vector/scalar, how engineering is a good career etc. Probly fail the HSC in it.
economics we have covered chapter 1.
business we havent done much, as the teacher's been on leave

dux&src

HSC
OMG just as i thought we are behind......(tears)

PrettyVacant

HSC
Don't worry or stress! Keep in mind it's Yr 11 (so nothing counts for HSC except some maths) and the pace will pick up gradually over the year.

SERIOUSLY, CHILL OUT. :) Enjoy.

wendus

krawr.
HSC
Don't worry or stress! Keep in mind it's Yr 11 (so nothing counts for HSC except some maths) and the pace will pick up gradually over the year.

SERIOUSLY, CHILL OUT. :) Enjoy.
HEY LILIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man i did nothing in year 11. just relax, you're probably not behind. i mean if you're actually worried about it there's no harm in going ahead on your own. it'll get you all oiled up for year 12 :devil:

HSC
HEY LILIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man i did nothing in year 11. just relax, you're probably not behind. i mean if you're actually worried about it there's no harm in going ahead on your own. it'll get you all oiled up for year 12 :devil:
please don't use my devil emotion.

:devil:

PrettyVacant

HSC
Lol hey Wendy, come to O-week with me. Meet up Monday? When do you have the ASB orientation??

---

To OP: Yeah, if worse comes to worst, just get tutoring...lol!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
ASB is on tuesday :(
are you going all days? looks like the same activities everyday to me...

PrettyVacant

HSC
I defs have to go on Friday since that's the medicine orientation but I prolly will tag along with others on other days. :) Yay freebies and quality time with friends!

wendus

krawr.
HSC
are you going to tiff's farewell tomorrow night? i can finally start talking to her again after a year! gosh.

PrettyVacant

HSC
Yeah I'm going to Tiff's farewell. Hope to see you there tmrw!! ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)