are we behind? (1 Viewer)

pillar

HSC
"I'm up to..."

Is there an order? Because from the looks of things at my school we do things pretty randomly. What's the 'general' order, I guess? (for Maths 2u)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
"I'm up to..."

Is there an order? Because from the looks of things at my school we do things pretty randomly. What's the 'general' order, I guess? (for Maths 2u)
LOL not really, but most teachers will follow a set pattern in the respective textbooks used.

Well right now my class is up to trigonometry now..pretty slow i know :)
I have half-yearlies soon :eek:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
We've just finished revising Circles and we're now on 3D Trig in Maths. Our 2U/3U classes are integrated.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
i think algebra, differentiation and trigonometry would be the most essential
i haven't done differentiation..

trigonometry OH noes :eek:

what do you reckon about functions and graphs that parabola, hyperbola etc stuff..?

Brontecat

HSC
i dont think they're that important except for linear functions cause you use that in applications of differentiation but its still good to know the basic graphs and qaudratic functions and stuff

wow thinking about it its probably good to at least know the basics of just about anything

what do you struggle with in trig?

K

khorne

Graphs are important...Especially for 4U and some basic graphs for 3U (eg; absolute value, quadratic, hyperbola, trig graphs, asymptote behaviour graphs, polynomial graphs.)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
I think 3D trig in Trigonometry is the most difficult. I can stand the rest.

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Yeah, functions is very important. Algebra too. I enjoyed trigonometry the most.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
ahhh my school is slow... were up to functions, but we've done stright line graphs and circle geometry aswell... but still...

pandaaMONIA

HSC
We got this new guy for 2U/3U at school.
He's done WONDERS.

He made the classes so that our 3U class has no one doing just 2U. :)
Thus helping us in moving faster.

We have to do induction. and then we've basically finished the 2U/3U Prelim course + some of the HSC course. (Y)
No acceleration either ;)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Just finished Perms combs, revising Locus and Parabola (Focus, directrix etc) and then we have Parametric Eqns invovling parabolas. And that's it for Prelims, I think we have Further inequalities (Absolute values etc) next term, but I think that's after Prelims. Then we start HSC work yay!

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
There is no real order for the maths courses... it doesn't really matter but it's best to try and knock over the harder or more important topics first... functions and graphs are essential in everything you do really ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)