are we behind? (1 Viewer)

Brontecat

HSC
hey where are those ppl who are accelerating mathematics up 2 - ive only just started limits i think im a little behind :spzz:

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
hey where are those ppl who are accelerating mathematics up 2 - ive only just started limits i think im a little behind :spzz:
by this time..you should have finished all the integration and go up to the part where you do integration for trigonometry

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Woah, your school is still ahead of me. Have you done Log/Exponential Integration?
Nope. We haven't started any Integration or Sequences/Series or Perms/Combs. Integration is after Half Yearlies. Do note that we do the whole topic in one go, i.e. wo do all of Differentiation as one topic. So that goes from First principles up till then end of Trig DIfferentiation + Max/Min problems involving Calculus. We do all of it in sequential order. Do keep in mind though that we learnt most 2U stuff at the end of last year, and similarly with Circle Geometry etc. In 3U we started at Locus this year. So yeah. Also you're accelerating to try and keep up with James Ruse, but James Ruse kids are accelerating themselves through tutoring etc. So I wouldn't bank on catching up for a while yet.

Brontecat

HSC
by this time..you should have finished all the integration and go up to the part where you do integration for trigonometry

i forgot to mention that i do double the maths lessons per week - i have 10 periods of maths per week - do u still think im behind namu?

still interested in where others are up 2 :)

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Wow Limits I think you're quite behind to be honest. I'm not accelerating but I'm 3U, however I did Limits in Week 4 Term 1. So I think you're a bit behind =) But you should get there with 20 periods a fortnight (I *only* have 15 =) )

HSC
Wow Limits I think you're quite behind to be honest. I'm not accelerating but I'm 3U, however I did Limits in Week 4 Term 1. So I think you're a bit behind =) But you should get there with 20 periods a fortnight (I *only* have 15 =) )
James Ruse.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
i forgot to mention that i do double the maths lessons per week - i have 10 periods of maths per week - do u still think im behind namu?

still interested in where others are up 2 :)
ahaha i don't know loll

i only had like 5 lessons per week (50 minutes per lesson) last year

HSC
15? lol
3u at my school has 11.

duckcowhybrid

HSC
James Ruse.
I'm not accelerating though. So I'm just doing normal 3U maths.

@Possessionless:

My school has a policy of 5 periods per unit for each and every subject. For Seniors there are 65 periods that work can be allocated in. As such, the maximum amount of units you can do is 13 (Unless you take Ag, which has morning classes and only 5 online periods, or you're in the offline 3U English class). Do note each period is only 45 minutes. But yes I have Maths EVERYDAY and still I have DOUBLE MATHS. I have double Maths at least twice a week =D.Then again I have triple English on one day so it works out.

pillar

HSC
lol my school only has 2 hours (1 hour periods, so two per week that are off-line) of 3u weekly

I'm way too good for my school I reckon.. Normally I'd be a bit more modest but seriously I'm gonna have to accelerate with a tutor next year if I want to get decent results

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
at our school we have:
100 mins of specific 3u classes (2 periods)
200 mins of 2u classes, but sometimes 3u stuff carry on (4 periods)
weekly

last year we didnt start limits until the first day back of term 4... (differentiation became a yr 12 topic)

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
u could definitely work in sales or advertising - i feel like going out and buying the book

btw im up to the first topic of year 12 YAY!!!! its something to do with limits and stuff like that

Way ahead ya missy i might!

lol..the format

lol

Yeah the format is 2 cool 4 u ? :lol:

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Notice the asterisk around the word only. Implies I don't have as many as bronte but I still have a lot. I just have 15 maths periods flat. There's no way you can tell whether it's 2U or 3U stuff. it's just Maths. 4U Maths however has specific periods allocated to it, as the syllabus is really different.

studentcheese

HSC
Logs is year 12? Wow I learnt it in Year 10. I thought Log/Exponential Differentiation was year 11?
Yeah, selective schools teach a lot of irrelevant stuff. Logs, circle geometry, further trigonometry and polynomials weren't even in the School Certificate. They are Year 11 & 12 topics but to avoid students struggling later on, some schools teach it in Year 10. In saying that, I have forgotten everything in logs. :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it's essential to teach logs and exponentials in Year 11 and 12 since there is so much of it in the exams and HSC papers. I've done almost all of the course (being accelerated) and you know what I found to be one of THE hardest topics... logs and exponentials (in relation to calculus in particular).

I just go over the topics on a regular basis... to make sure I don't forget. It's better than hoping you will go over it in class.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I only get 9 periods per fornight of Mathematics (2unit) and 5 of MX1 per fortnight... I want more. Maths is fun and the periods go so fast when I have maths!

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
9 periods a fortnight in total for both Maths 2U and Maths 3U. Periods are 80 mins long. Only up to functions though..

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
9 periods a fortnight in total for both Maths 2U and Maths 3U. Periods are 80 mins long. Only up to functions though..
lol only up to functions and graphs?
anyone up trignometry?

cause my class isn't ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)