• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Armed Bank robber shot dead by Guards (1 Viewer)

Zingy

HSC
I'd like to point out that the Armaguard guard who fired the fatal shot is a Lebanese-Australian Muslim.

Just.Snaz

HSC
Riet said:
I think he deserved it. By pulling a gun on an armed guard he reliquished his right not to be shot.
I disagree and find the matter subjective. So meh.

X

xeuyrawp

Riet said:
I think he deserved it. By pulling a gun on an armed guard he reliquished his right not to be shot.
I agree, but going back to what someone mentioned; the case of that guy knuckle-dusting that female security guard...

You said that you relinquish your right not to be shot, but do you gain that right back? I would say that you gain the right back as soon as you're no-longer a threat to anyone. In the case of the female guard, the attacker was no-longer a threat and shouldn't have been chased and shot as he was fleeing.

Zingy

HSC
kokodamonkey said:
they need to find the other 2 and shoot them too.
The Lebanese-Australian Muslim guard who fired the fatal shot publically said they should be forgiven, and he hopes they choose a different lifestyle, and that the man who was killed did not deserve it, but he was put in the position where there was no other choice.

X

xeuyrawp

Miles Edgeworth said:
Of course that would be the case.
Yeah well then we disagree with the finding that the female guard (Karen someone) was acquitted. I personally think she should have been charged with manslaughter.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
PwarYuex said:
Yeah well then we disagree with the finding that the female guard (Karen someone) was acquitted. I personally think she should have been charged with manslaughter.
On what basis was she acquitted? I remember hearing about that case on the news ages ago but I never heard how the trial went. IMO, She probably should have been charged but i'm glad she wasn't.

Zingy

HSC
The person punched a security guard with knuckledusters, a security guard is a person who is put in charge of defending something, put in a position of trust with a weapon. The man deserved to at least get shot. Where are we living? Someone who fucks with a cop/security guard/ambulance driver/fireman does not deserve to live in a society like this.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Shooting anyone (even if they are a stupid criminal) would be pretty traumatic. And even for relatively clear cut cases of self-defence you would be under scrutiny for the rest of your life. The pay is probably not that great either :/

HNAKXR

Wooooooo...OOOoOOOOoOOoP!
HSC
N/A
scarybunny said:
When you draw a gun on someone who has a gun, somebody's probably going to get shot.

hear, hear.:hammer:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Shooting anyone (even if they are a stupid criminal) would be pretty traumatic.
Zingy said:
The Lebanese-Australian Muslim guard who fired the fatal shot publically said they should be forgiven, and he hopes they choose a different lifestyle, and that the man who was killed did not deserve it, but he was put in the position where there was no other choice.
Sounds like this guard was really traumitised with his brush with death.

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
Sounds like this guard was really traumitised with his brush with death.
He most likely was (I'm not quite sure if you were being sarcastic or not - because the quote wasn't evidence of the contrary).

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Cyan_phoeniX said:
He most likely was (I'm not quite sure if you were being sarcastic or not - because the quote wasn't evidence of the contrary).
Sounds as if he's talking about some guy who got drunk and said some bad stuff to a few people. Doesn't sound at all like he just shot and killed someone.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
At first i did condemn the guards choice of firing....its only money ffs and its not even urs! but the fact that the armed robber was running towards him and then aimed the gun (although that event is somewhat obscure, but if that was the fact)...i would have done the same thing.

<--- Lebanese - Australian - Muslim

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Miles Edgeworth said:
Wow because textual mediums aren't edited at all.

EDIT1: Fucking glad that's another dead middle eastern criminal off the streets though. Keep up the good work so that the proper middle eastern blokes/sheilas who are decent down to earth hard working aussies get a fair go. I mean, they've got working families, too!
Eyy I can't be held responsible for misrepresentation by other people. I took what the guy said as fact.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
too many fucked up people in this world. and sam blames it on poverty, yeah alright....wtf is sam smoking?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)