• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Armed Bank robber shot dead by Guards (1 Viewer)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
autumbabe1991 said:
so u think that his dangerous behaviours did, though?
i mean if you dont, and he did happen to be a drug dealer, whos to say that someone close to you could have gotten in danger with him? point is, there is one less person providing to the drug world..... even though for his family it is unfortunate...

and
we see pictures of the war torn countries that, as you say, 'Muslim and Lebanese' reside in and all we see is poverty and death, anger and hate, these people then come here, bringing that with them and, the government provides them with fresh food and water, a good education, freedom of choice adn religion, high health standards... houses, money.... everything to start a new life, at the expense of tax payers, and they find things that damage our community, such as this robbery and the cronulla riots (not saying that the anglo saxon people involved were angels either).... if these people stopped playing the "its the worlds fault my life is shit" card, took the options given and tried, i think that most of the problems would sort themselves out....

its harsh i know but in comparison, if people from australia were to go and live in a ''Lebanese" or 'Muslim' country, we would be forced to follow their laws and rules.... so i don't see why they are all boo hoo waa me, my life in australia is terrible when they are practically 'living it up' here....?
Because Australia=/=those countries.

Quite frankly, I'd be pretty pleased if we did start deporting people who fail to assimilate to our culture, way of life etc. We can start with you and your bigoted, moronic ideals and thoughts.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
What kind of moron tries it on armed security guards?

Good riddance.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
breaking said:
bullshit, where in the article does it mention his race?

When the article first published, it did not mention his name, ethnicity or religion. Afterwards the article changed it had his name, where he lived, and his ethnicity.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
autumbabe1991 said:
so u think that his dangerous behaviours did, though?
i mean if you dont, and he did happen to be a drug dealer, whos to say that someone close to you could have gotten in danger with him? point is, there is one less person providing to the drug world..... even though for his family it is unfortunate...
What makes you think he was a drug dealer? or that he was even associated with drug dealing? He may very well have been, but there is no evidence of that. Not even anecdotal. I mean there is a line, in a news article. Does that prove anything? No.

We don't have capital crimes in this country, and even if we did, Armed Robbery would not be one of them. I think your idea of morality is actually potentially more in tune with the countries you display your obvious chauvinism towards. In reality, you have no idea what you're talking about, and your opinions have long since been disproven and ridiculed. Move on, grow up.

we see pictures of the war torn countries that, as you say, 'Muslim and Lebanese' reside in and all we see is poverty and death
You. Are. An ignoramus.
Firstly lets differentiate. Muslim, refers to a follower of Islam, which is a religion. Many muslims live in great countries, with a muslim majority. The whole UAE is a spectacle of the 21st century. With fascinating and beautiful infrastructure and facilities.

On the other hand you have Lebanon. Lebanon is war torn country, but not at the behest of it's people. You see Lebanon had the fortune (sarcasm) of being situated right next door to the Palestinian mandate (Israel and Palestine), where Jews who escaped from Nazi Germany flocked too, and sought to create a homeland atop of the Palestinian homeland.

Because of this, a war erupted, and flooded over into Lebanon. This caused for a civil war over whether to remain neutral, or to oppose by force the Palestinians fighting for their home back. It's a regional problem, not a cultural or religious problem that is the cause for the "war" in Lebanon.

anger and hate, these people then come here, bringing that with them and, the government provides them with fresh food and water, a good education, freedom of choice adn religion, high health standards... houses, money.... everything to start a new life, at the expense of tax payers
Again, what an absolutely stupid thing to say. The Lebanese immigrants didn't come to Australia to wrought the government. They came as workers in Australia's booming industrial plants, and the various manufacturing industries. They contributed alot to this economy, until the industrial reforms left many of these non-English speakers out of a job. At the time there wasn't enough done to teach the people the language. So they basically got around with speaking or interpreters. But they worked and contributed to the economy. Suggesting otherwise is revisionist history. Moreso, the modern Lebanese-Australians have been doing very well for themselves. Suggesting otherwise is political and social illiteracy.

and they find things that damage our community, such as this robbery and the cronulla riots (not saying that the anglo saxon people involved were angels either)....
Okay, wow. You are stupid. (I'm not trying to be rude, just stating a fact).
The Cronulla Riots was a result of a small element of "Neo-Nazis" who incited a crowd of otherwise peaceful, protesters into a bigoted frenzy.

The days of "WHYTE ASTRAYA" are long gone. This is a mutli-ethnic, mutli-cultural, diverse and rich country. And the country is rich and can provide for all of us.

I don't want to hear about "anglo-saxon" this or "LEBONEEZ" that. Get those useless labels out of your head, and learn to deal with a situation without bias or racism or even classism.

if these people stopped playing the "its the worlds fault my life is shit" card, took the options given and tried, i think that most of the problems would sort themselves out....
Agreed. And they have been. But as you so bluntly stated, the problem is not a cultural or racial problem. It's a class problem.

Poor people feel rejected by society. Irrespective of race, religion, culture or creed. That's a known fact. You see government workers who operate and work in the various social structures and systems. Police, Doctors, Teachers, Social Workers, etc. Are all middle-classed. Hence with the class structure in this country, a poor person will find it difficult to relate to middle-classed society, and thus will feel rejected from society. Generalisations like those put forward by yourself, only contribute to anger and alienation, which is a major causal factor in gangs being formed as place to belong.

It has nothign to do with anything else. Only poverty and the predominantly middle-classed social figures which all of society has to deal with on a regular basis.

so i don't see why they are all boo hoo waa me, my life in australia is terrible
Four words: You are a moron.

Nobody is saying that.

Azurie

HSC
sam04u said:
Nobody is saying that.
Lol, I agree with everything you have said, but some people do say that, Lebanon is way better than Australia, I went and shot pigeons with my jeddoh's gun lol. But this makes up the very minority and racism doesn't really play a factor except for the few that make themselfs believe that.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
Azurie said:
Lol, I agree with everything you have said, but some people do say that, Lebanon is way better than Australia, I went and shot pigeons with my jeddoh's gun lol. But this makes up the very minority and racism doesn't really play a factor except for the few that make themselfs believe that.
Isn't that illegal now?
I don't think you're allowed to go bird hunting in Lebanon anymore.

People still do it anyway though. :lol:

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
I saw a bit of this on the news. I don't get the outrage. It's not like this is an unexpected outcome of robbing a bank.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Snaykew said:
I saw a bit of this on the news. I don't get the outrage. It's not like this is an unexpected outcome of robbing a bank.
If it was a police officer that fired the fatal blow, this whole story might not be so up-scaled.......but an armour guard pfft.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
sam04u said:
What makes you think he was a drug dealer? or that he was even associated with drug dealing? He may very well have been, but there is no evidence of that. Not even anecdotal. I mean there is a line, in a news article. Does that prove anything? No.
THE suspected armed robber killed by security guards last night has been named by police sources as a professional criminal and gang member known by his surname Dib.
Dib died after a shoot-out during an attempted robbery in one of the busiest streets in Parramatta after masked bandits attempted to ambush Armaguard security guards as they were about to deliver cash to the National Australia Bank on George St.
Police sources say he was known to them as a drug dealer and gang member. http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,24211758-5001021,00.html

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
katie tully said:
remember when that chick shot the guy who smacked her around with knuckle dusters?

she was a patriot.
pretty sure the guy who beat the chick up was an arab too.

ah, planting the seed for racial vilification

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
ctrlaltv said:
jesus.. my family and I drove past George Street at around 5:30 pm. -_-
WHAT ARE THE CHANCES!!!!!!!!

omg

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
JKhoury said:
Nope. Approximately 35-40% of the country is Christian.
Source? The last census taken showed that 59% of the population were Christian. Though it may have changed since then...

JKhoury said:
Nice joke.
Taking drugs is a sin against islam.

If I'm a christian, and I willfully kill, steal, hold adulterous relationships, bear false witness, defraud, disgrace my parents etc...
Am I still really a christian? Am I christian no matter how much I disgrace and disobey the churches teachings? If I'm a christian in name only, I swear fealty to Christ, but don't practice it in any sense, knowingly do so, and have no intention of changing?

Making money from the sale of drugs seems pretty abhorrent for a Muslim. If I do so in knowing and willfull disobedience to my religion, with no intention of changin, am I really still a muslim? How much sin can I commit and still call myself a muslim? How much of a hypocrit am I allowed to be?

ZabZu

HSC
Lebanese Muslims especially those who look and sound middle eastern do experience discrimination and feel alienated. But as some have said before its mostly the fault of the Lebanese community. Members of the Lebanese Muslim community are more likely to commit a crime compared to most ethnic groups and they are not integrating as well as many would like. I heard a few months ago in the SMH that people in the community are marrying members of their extended family.

However, having said all this, the situation in Australia is not as bad as some other places in the world but it still needs to be improved. In France there is a huge problem. You guys probably remember all the riots in Paris and other French cities. In France, Muslims (most of them from north Africa) struggle to get jobs because of their names, appearances and residential areas.

Lots of Lebanese-Australians do prefer to live in Lebanon and we saw many of them come back to Australia during the Israel-Hezbollah conflict.

Turkish immigrants integrated very well into Australian society. So its not a problem inherent to all Muslims.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
pakistanis have done very well integrating compared to the Lebanese. we can do better though. LOL

i still think the problem lies with Lebanese parents.

ZabZu

HSC
People who look Middle Eastern find it hard to get into nightclubs and bars. I assume its because they bouncers think they're going to start a fight. Because of this, if you are on George St on a saturday night, you will see heaps of Lebanese guys driving around.

Everyone knows that the Lebanese community is a strong supporter of the Bulldogs rugby league team. The team's fans have caused heaps of violence over the past few years. I dont have any statistics or anything but i think the Lebanese supporters would be overrepresented when it comes to offences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)