• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Armed Bank robber shot dead by Guards (1 Viewer)

MissSarajevo

HSC
His friends are cowards, they dumped him ALONE in a hospital at the time he needed them most. I feel sorry for him that he died alone without his love ones around. But he deserved to be shot.

zstar

HSC
N/A
My friend was a security guard and quit because the stupid ass liberal NSW laws strictly prohibited him from firing at a criminal unless he was shot at.

These types of regulations endanger the security guards and empower criminals.

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
bigboyjames said:
I agree with what you have to say. but at the end of the day, the way that Lebanese are viewed in the wider community IS 90% BECAUSE OF THEIR OWN ACTIONS.
I agree with that bigboyjames. What I disagree with is your idea that Lebanese people are in some way viewed negatively by the "wider community", that simply isn't true. It's not a 'Lebanese' thing anymore, it's become a 'muslim' thing, which better fits the current neoconservative agenda.

this will only change if the Lebanese change themselves. that is the truth. and to say this cannot be done is trash.
I agree with what you're saying again. The implication however, I do not.

LOL. your view that the Lebanese are financial struggling doesn't hold. what do you have to back that up?
Well, now we're on the same page. It's very well known that there are large Lebanese communities which are rampant with poverty, which I suggested is a known causal factor in crime.

Also, you don't need statitstics to back this question up. In the mid to late 80s when Lebanon was in civil war, many Lebanese immigrated to Australia to escape the war. Upon arrival to Australia, the manufacturing industry in Australia welcomed these people, and many grew to prominence and worked on good wages. However, slowly but surely, under the era of what was called "post-industrialisation" Australia, alot of these manufacturing industries were shut down. This resulted in masses of unemployed Lebanese people, of which the next generation grew in poverty and in department of housing blocks, or ghettos.

The problem with Ghettoisation however, wasn't completed by Labour, it was corrected during local housing/zoning reforms, by local councils in the effected regions. What happened is they applied for grants for NEW local houses, and then the local councils mass-relocated the "problem areas".

Ofcourse, that was a major cause of poverty which is unique amongst Lebanese-Australians. But as I explained, it is being corrected. There is no longer a wider "Lebanese" problem.

what ive witnessed is some Lebanese don't help themselves and my main issue here is that they are not taking the opportunities available to them, in terms of education and employment. This is how the Jewish community managed to escape the daily intolerance of their community throughout Europe. The only thing the Lebanese youth ever do is abuse political correctness and play the "racist" card.
You're joking right?
I'm not even going to respond to that. That's the most stupid thing I've heard on these forums in a long time.

His friends are cowards, they dumped him ALONE in a hospital at the time he needed them most. I feel sorry for him that he died alone without his love ones around. But he deserved to be shot.
I agree with pretty much everything you said. Except the point that "he deserved to be shot". That is incorrect. He did not "deserve to be shot", that is quite false. The security guards "deserved to be safe", and as a result that means the guy was shot. But he didn't deserve to be shot. If the guards had a method of defending themselves without opening fire, then that should be the method used.

Saying he "deserved to be shot", is completely wrong.

aussie-boy

HSC
he might not deserve to die, but i think its good that he did
he was a known drug dealer and serial robber - if he is prepared to use a gun then he should be prepared to have one used on him

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
aussie-boy said:
he might not deserve to die, but i think its good that he did
Well that's pretty perverse.

aussie-boy said:
if he is prepared to use a gun then he should be prepared to have one used on him
Indeed, it was well fair for them to use any force to apprehend him, but that doesn't mean his death is a good result.

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
MissSarajevo said:
The only intelligent and factual comment in this whole thread!

Edit: He was already dead when they dumped him (which makes it even more disgustingly pathetic) - especially from a lebanese mentality that 'bros stick together'...

autumbabe1991

HSC
sam04u said:
I agree with that bigboyjames. What I disagree with is your idea that Lebanese people are in some way viewed negatively by the "wider community", that simply isn't true. It's not a 'Lebanese' thing anymore, it's become a 'muslim' thing, which better fits the current neoconservative agenda.

I agree with what you're saying again. The implication however, I do not.

Well, now we're on the same page. It's very well known that there are large Lebanese communities which are rampant with poverty, which I suggested is a known causal factor in crime.

Also, you don't need statitstics to back this question up. In the mid to late 80s when Lebanon was in civil war, many Lebanese immigrated to Australia to escape the war. Upon arrival to Australia, the manufacturing industry in Australia welcomed these people, and many grew to prominence and worked on good wages. However, slowly but surely, under the era of what was called "post-industrialisation" Australia, alot of these manufacturing industries were shut down. This resulted in masses of unemployed Lebanese people, of which the next generation grew in poverty and in department of housing blocks, or ghettos.

The problem with Ghettoisation however, wasn't completed by Labour, it was corrected during local housing/zoning reforms, by local councils in the effected regions. What happened is they applied for grants for NEW local houses, and then the local councils mass-relocated the "problem areas".

Ofcourse, that was a major cause of poverty which is unique amongst Lebanese-Australians. But as I explained, it is being corrected. There is no longer a wider "Lebanese" problem.

You're joking right?
I'm not even going to respond to that. That's the most stupid thing I've heard on these forums in a long time.

I agree with pretty much everything you said. Except the point that "he deserved to be shot". That is incorrect. He did not "deserve to be shot", that is quite false. The security guards "deserved to be safe", and as a result that means the guy was shot. But he didn't deserve to be shot. If the guards had a method of defending themselves without opening fire, then that should be the method used.

Saying he "deserved to be shot", is completely wrong.

so u think that his dangerous behaviours did, though?
i mean if you dont, and he did happen to be a drug dealer, whos to say that someone close to you could have gotten in danger with him? point is, there is one less person providing to the drug world..... even though for his family it is unfortunate...

and
we see pictures of the war torn countries that, as you say, 'Muslim and Lebanese' reside in and all we see is poverty and death, anger and hate, these people then come here, bringing that with them and, the government provides them with fresh food and water, a good education, freedom of choice adn religion, high health standards... houses, money.... everything to start a new life, at the expense of tax payers, and they find things that damage our community, such as this robbery and the cronulla riots (not saying that the anglo saxon people involved were angels either).... if these people stopped playing the "its the worlds fault my life is shit" card, took the options given and tried, i think that most of the problems would sort themselves out....

its harsh i know but in comparison, if people from australia were to go and live in a ''Lebanese" or 'Muslim' country, we would be forced to follow their laws and rules.... so i don't see why they are all boo hoo waa me, my life in australia is terrible when they are practically 'living it up' here....?

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
autumbabe1991 said:
so u think that his dangerous behaviours did, though?
i mean if you dont, and he did happen to be a drug dealer, whos to say that someone close to you could have gotten in danger with him? point is, there is one less person providing to the drug world..... even though for his family it is unfortunate...

and
we see pictures of the war torn countries that, as you say, 'Muslim and Lebanese' reside in and all we see is poverty and death, anger and hate, these people then come here, bringing that with them and, the government provides them with fresh food and water, a good education, freedom of choice adn religion, high health standards... houses, money.... everything to start a new life, at the expense of tax payers, and they find things that damage our community, such as this robbery and the cronulla riots (not saying that the anglo saxon people involved were angels either).... if these people stopped playing the "its the worlds fault my life is shit" card, took the options given and tried, i think that most of the problems would sort themselves out....

its harsh i know but in comparison, if people from australia were to go and live in a ''Lebanese" or 'Muslim' country, we would be forced to follow their laws and rules.... so i don't see why they are all boo hoo waa me, my life in australia is terrible when they are practically 'living it up' here....?
your kidding right? fuck off.

Azurie

HSC
The only thing I disagree with is the lebanese which hate Australia even though they are born here, however saying that their is not many of them.Some of the younger generation automatically think people are being racist to them, although it does exsist it is a very small minority. No one should deserve to die, although a security guard should have a means of protecting themself, and ultimately the reason which they are employed for.

-Anfernee-

HSC
The " best guy in the world" was clearly a robbing scumbag.

He deserved what he got and then some, society is better off without this drug dealing criminal parasite.

I'm sorry but that's the way it is.

Not surprised that he was a muslim Leb. it's sad that he was allowed to live here in the first place.

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
The " best guy in the world" was clearly a robbing scumbag.

He deserved what he got and then some, society is better off without this drug dealing criminal parasite.

I'm sorry but that's the way it is.

Not surprised that he was a muslim Leb. it's sad that he was allowed to live here in the first place.
I don't see how his race has anything to do with it? There are armed robbers who are white,black,asian, middle-eastern WHATEVER, race has nothing to do with this and is an insignificant detail used by the media and is exploited to fuel hate and intrest. No one cares about the white-atheist robber, he's just called a robber. But once it's a middle eastern or Islamic man, then all of a sudden that detail is somehow significant to the story.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
-Anfernee- said:
Not surprised that he was a muslim Leb.
It doesn't say he's muslim.
Christianity is the dominant religion of Lebanon.
He's ethnically lebanese, but an Australian citizen with as much right to live here as anyone.

Muslims don't do drugs.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
lololskates said:
race has nothing to do with this and is an insignificant detail used by the media and is exploited to fuel hate and intrest. No one cares about the white-atheist robber, he's just called a robber. But once it's a middle eastern or Islamic man, then all of a sudden that detail is somehow significant to the story.
bullshit, where in the article does it mention his race?

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
Graney said:
Sam04u mentioned the family name is notorious :confused:
no, this lololskates cunt is bangin' on about how the media is racist, bigoted, hates lebs etc :rolleyes: yet i have not heard the man's race or religion mentioned once in any news story.

Azurie

HSC
Graney said:
Muslims don't do drugs.
Are you being serious with that comment or trolling? its like saying Christians don't drink or gamble.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Azurie said:
Are you being serious with that comment or trolling? its like saying Christians don't drink or gamble.
Alcohol is specifically prohibited by the profit Mohammed. By extension other drugs of similar or greater strength are prohibited.

If you're drinking or doing drugs you're not acting true to Islam. Christianity condones drinking (jesus did it) and afaik doesn't forbid gambling.

For a muslim to deal drugs would be going against his religion in a major way. His community and family would never condone it.

From Wikipedia:
Islam

Islam prohibits the consumption of alcohol and by extension other drugs of similar or greater strength as well as tobacco of any kind. In some Islamic countries, alcohol is prohibited; and sometimes possession, manufacture, or trade is punished with severe penalties (e.g., corporal or capital punishment).
From the Islamic point of view, the most important aspect determining the illicitness of recreational drugs is whether or not it is of any harm. the religion
"And make not your own hands contribute to your destruction." Surah, Al-Baqara, 2: 195 Drugs with the potential to lead to intoxication or other significantly altered states of consciousness (such as alcohol, Cannabis, opium and its derivatives, cocaine, psychedelics and so on) are prohibited.

Azurie

HSC
Graney said:
Alcohol is specifically prohibited by the profit Mohammed. By extension other drugs of similar or greater strength are prohibited.

If you're drinking or doing drugs you're not acting true to Islam. Christianity condones drinking (jesus did it) and afaik doesn't forbid gambling.

For a muslim to deal drugs would be going against his religion in a major way. His community and family would never condone it.
I thought you were going to reply with this, but there is alot of people who consider themself to be of a particular religion and do not follow the rules, just because someone is Muslim doesn't mean that they won't partake in this behaviour.

Azurie

HSC
Graney [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islam" said:
[/URL]Tobacco .
Just about everyone I know has done the argili. which is a form of smoking tobacco. So I don't understand the point you are trying to make in regards to what I said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)