art works returned! (1 Viewer)

eshdawg

HSC
my artwork got returned to my school the other day, does this mean i wasnt nominated for ARTEXPRESS?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Nup. Mine was marked at school last year so I can't know for sure, but I had to send it off myself, from school, when it was nominated. So I'd assume they'd send everyones back and then the selected people would have to send them off individually if successful. That was phrased confusingly but basically the answer is no, you still have hope ;D

lruby

HSC
N/A
Our works are back and my teacher already knew that no one got nominated for ARTEXPRESS. I'm pretty sure they give some sort of notification, or they hold back your works. So if you were nominated, you would probably know by now.

rayy_bann

HSC
I FREAKING HATE YOU (the guy who put that picture)

I was like omg deja vu this looks like a cottage I seen before.

THEN BAM

:'( omg you're an ill omen

m-swan

HSC
Uni Grad
so no one has heard that they've been selected??

have you guys studied much for written exam??

TieTwo

HSC
so no one has heard that they've been selected??
They don't tell anyone whether they've been selected until the day after/the day of the exam. They used to tell people before the VA theory exam but people got too excited/depressed and didn't study for it anymore or something like that... either way, everyone's still got a shot :)

Chloe238

HSC
talk to my teacher today about it. Not sure where everyone lives, but at the art gallery in sydney, they have had to cut down the expedition by about 80% due to the picasso expo is coming and it reguires a large amount of space.
The process of the art works being selected is they set a mark limit, say 46/50. Those artworks get put into a room and the art directors for the gallery go through and short list out of the high mark artworks. Due to the limited space at sydney, they put the mark to 50/50 to get held back for art express, so honestly, don't be disappointed about it, its all about luck!!

Also, all our works were at our school, and a few of them have a certain section highlighted in yellow, but not all of them. Does anyone have a clue what that means?

eshdawg

HSC
yeah i know we find out on november 11, but i thought they would have held onto it. i was aiming for a nomination, i guess i will find out on friday.

WorryWartCob

HSC
who will tell us.. ? / how will we be notified.

send me a pic of your work :)

KateSinead

HSC
Do you know if they make separate selections from different regions? or is it all just the one big selection from all accross nsw? Cause last year they had an art express exhibition near us of just artworks from the region

maryjill

HSC
they have different venues... not just the art gallery of nsw- such as hazelhurst regional art gallery and I'm pretty sure Newcastle also do art express... but in all honesty, don't have your heart set on getting in, its such a small percentage...

jamesruserox

small member
HSC
And don't worry if you don't get in

It doesn't mean you didn't get a good mark

Dolce_Vita

HSC
Hi :)

Today after the art exam all my class went to collect our artworks, but there was a pink BOS sheet taped to one of them stating that three artworks had been retained by the BOS, mine was one of them. Now underneath it had a disclaimer saying that it doesn't necessarily mean they'll be Art Express, it said they may be kept back as they may be used as sample works for marking standards etc. Although the three student numbers (one of them mine) were all the ones my class thought would get in. I personally dont think mine's THAT good, although my in school marks for it have been over 46/50, so should i be celebrating and thinking i got in or should i not? (currently i'm not celebrating) When will i know for sure?

Vidhya

HSC
Couldn't find mine in the classroom but I'm pretty sure it's lying around hidden somewhere. If I've been nominated, it's probably the markers idea of a hilarious joke :/

Scinery

HSC
yeah if your artwork is returned you haven't been selected (sorry), the ones they want go through a curatorial process and you get an email if they choose you, one person at my schools was selected so hers didn't come back.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)