Artexpress (1 Viewer)

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
I thought everyone gets their work back from marking on whatever day it is we're supposed to get them back, then we get notified if we get nominated for Art Express/if our works get selected for Art Express (if we do, that is) and then we have to send them back to the Board?
At least that's what I was told.

kaytt

HSC
you can't take your work until the 20th but then if it is in Art Express it has to be either taken up by courier or by yourself by the 27th of November (plenty of notice lol)

we weren't even told of any considerations today from the markers but my teacher said that they hinted that a few have been selected... they just didn't name any of suggest any artworks.... ahh please be mine!

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
I REALLY WANT TO GET IN ARTEXPRESS.

I spent hours on that goddamn thing. Fuck!

...!

angelita

HSC
To get into Art Express would be absolutely fucking amazing. I put so much time and effort and spent SO much on my artwork, gah.

Question: do they send us our BOW marks with our ATAR or before?

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
To get into Art Express would be absolutely fucking amazing. I put so much time and effort and spent SO much on my artwork, gah.

Question: do they send us our BOW marks with our ATAR or before?

I dont think you ever get the actual mark for your BOW..you dont get the breakdown of your visual arts mark, just the scaled mark between your assessments/BOW/theory exam.

I might be wrong though.

C-BAS

HSC
My art teacher called me and told me that mine was held back. So I'm just going on her word (which is enough for me, she wouldn't tell me bullshit).

waza_

HSC
Man you guys are lucky, I think for films the teachers won't know because they get sent away to Homebush to be marked

Guess I'm going to have to wait for a while then....

jamersonx

HSC
My art teacher called me and told me that mine was held back. So I'm just going on her word (which is enough for me, she wouldn't tell me bullshit).
Congrats!

I just got the call, from my teacher that is. Mine was held back too. :) :) How exciting.

alex.leon

not an ATARd
HSC
YOU GUYS ARE SO LUCKY!

Yeah, mines been sent off too, so I won't know for a while yet.

Even if I do get in, I won't be in the country to appreciate it :(

Nitronie

HSC
Nah you never get to know what exact mark you got for your BOW.
If you get nominated for Art Express then you know that you got 47 or more but that's it.

Not exactly, art express is not a mark related exhibition, there is a certain criteria the artworks go through to be selected. There ahs to be a certain number from a particular grouping and its also up to the the exhibitors on what they want the public to see

Alec01

HSC
hi, yeah just letting youz know.

my school is getting marked on friday the 13th, sometime n the day.

point is that means we dont find ouut about art express tillllll after some time.

7oas7y

HSC
I'm so fucked if I get asked to show my VAPD, I put so much work into my film and didn't write ANYTHING about my film in my VAPD hahahahahahaa
High five girlfriend!

AnyaElude

HSC
At least you people were told when the markers were coming!

My prat of a teacher... I asked him 2 weeks ago if he had heard anything, and he hadn't. And then it was published in the local paper last week that the markers were coming on Monday! (yesterday) I didn't even get the flipping paper, a friend in my art class had to text me about it. I was so pissed off, coz when I rocked up at the school to move my art work just HOURS before the markers would be there, the prat had moved it for me! It's massive and cost a fortune and I don't trust him with a thing! I was really angry, but he escaped my full wrath because at least mine was on the wall....most people's were on the floor for marking!

As for art express, even if my teacher was told, there is no way I'd find out. Does anyone know if the BOS contacts people directly about art express?

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC
As for art express, even if my teacher was told, there is no way I'd find out. Does anyone know if the BOS contacts people directly about art express?
I'm not entirely sure but maybe you should just keep checking with the school. Perhaps just ask the head teacher of CAPA or the principal after marking and getting back all the artworks and stuff.

waza_

HSC
Yeah I went to my school yesterday to get some text books from the art room for last minute preparation for the exam and it just happened to be the day that the markers were there! Our art teacher is away marking so we can't find out if anybodys artworks did get held back for artexpress

Does anyone know when the students who did videos get into artexpress? Or do letters get sent out at the same time for all nominations?

Last edited:

wagga123

HSC
yea i went and saw my art teacher after the exam today and he told us the markers were coming on friday for us, im heaps worried that my teacher wont put it together probably or the markers will just really hate my work, gah!
SO STRESSFUL!!!!

yea do they tell you on the day their there that any are nominated for artexpress or do they tell you at a later date, im to impatient!

Bites

HSC
Who care if you get into art express. Some of them suck anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)