Artexpress (1 Viewer)

HSC
yea i went and saw my art teacher after the exam today and he told us the markers were coming on friday for us, im heaps worried that my teacher wont put it together probably or the markers will just really hate my work, gah!
SO STRESSFUL!!!!

yea do they tell you on the day their there that any are nominated for artexpress or do they tell you at a later date, im to impatient!
Artexpress nominations will not be announced until after Year 12 exams are all over...so after November 13th. They will send your work back to the school(if you sent it away) and if selected for Artexpress we have to mail it back to them by November 27th. -info from board of studies!
I know i am dying to know too...just think that by the time you have finished reading this you will be 30 seconds closer to finding out.

The teachers have to keep all work (regardless) until November 20th.

Who care if you get into art express. Some of them suck anyway.
Because, i know for me anyway, it would be a super spectacularally wonderful thing to put in with your portfolio, that you got into artexpress. I suppose it adds merit. Its helpful in the competitive industries such as fashion. it would be just cool to say, yeah i got into art express.

HSC
cool.... see on another thread, people have already been had "call backs" My teacher said we will probably know next monday perhaps... so close yet so far!

pattie_d

HSC
My school's was marked last friday and we got to take our work home, I have mine right now, is that a bad sign of no chance of getting in? :|

epicmel

HSC
my friend just got a letter from BOS saying she was nominated :)
mind you, hers was marked at the marking centre, so we'll definitely know next week.
good luck everyone!

asleep-at-last

HSC
i got a letter today saying mine was nominated :D
i was so shocked!
they had to mark mine at school, for anyone whos interested.

stF-vampyre

HSC
^ FINALLY a straight answer hahaha, thank you!

It seems all the schools are getting them back staggered and across weeks, and i suppose we find out when that happens and we come to pick them up, whether ours is nominated.
Hoping, still, still hoping...
fingers crossed! =]
congrats to those already nominated, your works are competing with around 900 other people for first nominations, good luck!

angel.cries

HSC
yeah *fingers crossed* this anticipation is killing me.
i really hope i'll get in

angel.cries

HSC
OMG, MY FRIEND GOT NOMINATED. ...meaning i didn't get in *cries*

HSC
I'm doing my HSC next year, and my vis arts teacher is the creative arts co-ordinator for my school. We always get at least 2 people in, but this year none. In our whole area, only one school got one student selected for artexpress. They found out at the beginning of the week. A lot of the works we saw were really good (im not just being subjectie), but the gallery often just wants a certain 'look'.

Just thought i'd contribute if it helped. The verdict is that it's harder to get into art express than other years, and my teacher has phoned many other schools and there has been the same opinion.

Good luck guys! and for those who didn't make it, i'm sure your artworks are awesome anyway :)

wagga123

HSC
our school git 6 nominated
we find out on thursday
our school record
xD

so very excited

Cinnamonster

Somewhere in the general vicinity of the Universe
HSC

erinnnTM

HSC
Today was the day they made the final selections for which works would be in art express, but they wont notify you of whether you are in or not until the 15th dec onwards.

erinnnTM

HSC
Lol, I take this back...I got my letter today saying I got in

mizukiyanagi

HSC
you guys shoulda got a mail by now :D
Who got in?

I actually called on the day it was supposed to be announced lol and I was very surprised that I got in XD

Here's a few pics :)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z62/mizukiyanagi/samplepage10.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z62/mizukiyanagi/11-1.jpg
samplepage4.jpg picture by mizukiyanagi - Photobucket

As a collection (pretty blurry lol):

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z62/mizukiyanagi/6532_1205281605227_1024255438_63249.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z62/mizukiyanagi/6532_1205281645228_1024255438_63249.jpg

I wanna see the others too D:
I wonder if any other anime/manga stuff got in :\

waza_

HSC
Holy crap that is INSANE!!! I love anime and that is probably the coolest thing I've seen in artexpress haha

I can't wait to go to the gallery next year and see everyone's amazing artworks! =D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)