Assessment marks - next week - q's (2 Viewers)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Nope. They probably do that to allow for time to fix errors, as if the case at my school.

volition

arr.
HSC
My school won't let us have our ranks, they say we're not allowed to have them, so we try to work them out where we can with marks/weightings. In our reports, the 'rank' listed is just the ranking for the trial exam and not the overall ranking, which sucks because for some people it will just be giving the wrong impression. One guy I know will pretty much be getting the opposite of what his 'real' ranking is in his 4unit(2nd in the exam, 2nd last or 3rd last overall) and economics(he topped this overall, but only came 3rd in the exam).

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
volition said:
My school won't let us have our ranks, they say we're not allowed to have them, so we try to work them out where we can with marks/weightings. In our reports, the 'rank' listed is just the ranking for the trial exam and not the overall ranking, which sucks because for some people it will just be giving the wrong impression. One guy I know will pretty much be getting the opposite of what his 'real' ranking is in his 4unit(2nd in the exam, 2nd last or 3rd last overall) and economics(he topped this overall, but only came 3rd in the exam).
You'll be able to access your rankings on the Students Online website in a few weeks - I'm not sure of the exact date though.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
You'll be able to access your rankings on the Students Online website in a few weeks - I'm not sure of the exact date though.
Will it be too late to appeal/dispute them by this stage?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
fleepbasding said:
Will it be too late to appeal/dispute them by this stage?
No, in fact they're published on the website so that students can verify that the rankings that appear on there are correct. If there are any discrepancies, the first port-of-call should be your teacher or a subject co-ordinator.

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
Cool, thanks. Will do, if there are any problems! I've had problems of this kind with my school in the past so I am preparing myself!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)