Assessment Task: The Acidic Environment (1 Viewer)

Qudans

HSC
Hi, I've received an assessment task in class recently and it is a report.

There are 5 questions, which I would like some help for.

- Assess the evidence which indicates increases in atmospheric concentration of oxides of sulfur and nitrogen
-Evaluate reasons for concern about the release of sulfur dioxide and oxides of nitrogen into the environment
-Explain the use of acids as food additives
-Outline the historical development of ideas about acids including those of Lavoisier, Davy and Arrhenius and trace the development in understanding and describing acid/base reactions
-Assess the use of neutralisation reactions as a safety measure or to minimise damage in accidents or chemical spills.

Does anyone have any links to sites, which may have information that can help me?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Wow, those questions are just dot points straight out of the HSC chem syllabus.

Try downloading some acidic enviro notes off BoS and i'm sure you'll find answers to your questions :)

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
Wtf...

That's a very easy assessment task because direct answers will be all given in notes that are available on BOS

and also textbooks

brenton1987

HSC
N/A
You will need to greatly expand on the dot point answers if the assessment is a report.

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
Is this assesment task counting towards you HSC or is it just classwork? I can have a look at what you've done if you want and see if you've missed out any important details or give you some tips.

Qudans

HSC
Yeah...the assessment is a report, but i already have the marking scheme and it doesnt seem like that we have to expand on the points though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)