Assignments Or Assessments... (1 Viewer)

Ezzzgi

HSC
ratcher0071 said:
Amen sister :D
Me too :(

But I still prefer assignments. So much more time to perfect it. And less chance for things to go wrong, whereas in exam you could suddenly forget stuff, or people could distract you, etc

I always do better in assignments. We need assignments in stead of exams for maths - now that would be good :D

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
wth....

I have never heard of assessment and assignment being two different things. At my school we just call everything an assessment, as it is assessing you...

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
-may-cat- said:
wth....

I have never heard of assessment and assignment being two different things. At my school we just call everything an assessment, as it is assessing you...
Yes but assessment generally refers to an in-class test, and assignment being a take home task... but I know what you mean.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
the-derivative said:
Yes but assessment generally refers to an in-class test, and assignment being a take home task... but I know what you mean.
So you and people on this forum say. I have never heard of them referred to as two different things.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
-may-cat- said:
So you and people on this forum say. I have never heard of them referred to as two different things.
Well technically they're not.

To be correct, an assignment is a form of assessment. But I guess most people are used to take home assessments as being assignments and everything else being an assessment.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
the-derivative said:
Well technically they're not.

To be correct, an assignment is a form of assessment. But I guess most people are used to take home assessments as being assignments and everything else being an assessment.
I haven't heard 'assignment' used around my classes for years. At my school we call both types 'assessments' and divide them into 'take-homes' and 'in-class', sometimes.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I prefer assessments, they require an understanding of the topic which I find is much easier than researching, researching, researching some more...then writing it up in an essay-like form :(

I should be doing my art assignment now. Due tomorrow and haven't started.

As you can see, my time management is shit D:

ratcher0071

HSC
pwoh said:
I prefer assessments, they require an understanding of the topic which I find is much easier than researching, researching, researching some more...then writing it up in an essay-like form :(

I should be doing my art assignment now. Due tomorrow and haven't started.

As you can see, my time management is shit D:

lol

What if you don't understand the topic, then you're in the shits

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
ratcher0071 said:
lol

What if you don't understand the topic, then you're in the shits
Generally if you don't understand the topic - you're in the shits with both assessments and assignments. However at least with assignments you can google the night before, plagarise and hope for the best :p

5233andy

HSC
I'd rather assignments as well - with the exception of speaking tasks, of which I tend to fail the performance aspect of it. Assessments are okay if you have no problems with it.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
5233andy said:
I'd rather assignments as well - with the exception of speaking tasks, of which I tend to fail the performance aspect of it. Assessments are okay if you have no problems with it.
But you did well in the last speaking task in English.

But yeah, although I like assignments better - assessments are still pretty good to me - I don't mind them, as I end up getting simular marks for both.

bored of sc

HSC
Assignments are good because there's less pressure/time factor.

Assessments are good because there's no set work and you can get away with a fair degree of procrastination.

But in the end, it's 50/50. It doesn't really bother me which type I have, just as long as I can perform my best in them. :)

HSC
Assignments if you want to go well
Time to prepare etc
Assessments if you don't give a shit and want to get it over and done with

Though arguably you could spend equal amount of time on the assessment (studying) and go just as well, if not better.

Eh, my 2 cents

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)