ATAR Raw Mark/Cut-off Band Database! (1 Viewer)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
according to v1.01 if i get 55 as my raw mark out of 100 thats a band 5??? no there is something wrong with my understanding...sounds too good to be true...someone clear it out for me please!!

edit- im talking about chem
Sounds about right, it's actually not too easy getting top marks in Chemistry - it's easy to lose marks. Especially considering that marking schemes can be rather specific and leave one thing out is a mark gone instantly.

jamesischool

Forum Lurker
HSC
Uni Grad
ive got 85+ in all my subjects but english which is like a 60 :/ hopefully i go better in trials! and band 6's seem pretty easy like most of them are in the 70-80 range

2xL

HSC
Sigh fucken english, hoping for a flat 90 hsc mark (this is best case scenario sadly. Hate english)

jackerino

HSC
Sigh fucken english, hoping for a flat 90 hsc mark (this is best case scenario sadly. Hate english)
Bro, EVERYONE hates fucking english. There needs to be a state-wide petition created by students from as many schools as possible, to MODIFY the necessity of HSC english. Forcing it to count on your ATAR is a detriment to the huge majority of kids in NSW. 99 percent of kids absolutely hate it. WE GOTTA MAKE A PETITION TO HAVE HSC ENGLISH IN YR 10! so the course is accelerated two years. That way, it doest RUIN YOUR FUTURE as it is forced onto your ATAR.

PETITION PETITION PETITION PETITION PETITION!!!!

jackerino

HSC
But holy permutations and combinations, I was getting SUPER depressed about english, cos I thought i'd be getting 75-80 for english, and when I put into ATAR calculator with other subjects it gave an ATAR of 95 or something, and I thought "FUck there goes my dream of 99+....." then I read this and realised I totally forgot about the mark aligning and moderating, and now it looks like I STILL HAVE A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYAYAAYYA@!!!!!!!!!!!!!

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Bro, EVERYONE hates fucking english. There needs to be a state-wide petition created by students from as many schools as possible, to MODIFY the necessity of HSC english. Forcing it to count on your ATAR is a detriment to the huge majority of kids in NSW. 99 percent of kids absolutely hate it. WE GOTTA MAKE A PETITION TO HAVE HSC ENGLISH IN YR 10! so the course is accelerated two years. That way, it doest RUIN YOUR FUTURE as it is forced onto your ATAR.

PETITION PETITION PETITION PETITION PETITION!!!!
Not everyone hates English, if everyone did, nobody would do EX1 and EX2. Also, doing a state-wide petition won't do anything and it IS necessary for English to be compulsory because there needs to be a common benchmark.

john-doe

HSC
if i get 72+ in physics, thats a band 6??? sounds so easy

Rohanco

HSC
Why haven't more people contributed to this. This could be a massive help if this was passed around like a survey!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
It's a broken link :,(, what was it meant to be?
Well, it ~was~ the updated version of this.

But the mods were ignoring the creator's concerns so she pulled it until they would be attentive, and I guess they deleted the whole thread to cover that up.

brettymaccc

HSC
Hey guys, I created this. I'm at uni now and don't have time to keep updating it so I'm happy for someone else to take over the reigns. Just credit me for the original idea and it's sweet. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)