• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Attempted assault with knives by organised group at private school (1 Viewer)

Concerned parent

HSC
N/A
All names have been changed for the purposes of anonymity including this throwaway account.

I am the parent of my son, Andrew's friend. My son, and his friend Andrew and his brother attend Parramatta Marist High School, Westmead. Recently my son has made aware to me that Andrew and his friends were physically assaulted twice and threaten on school grounds. The school hasn't taken much action as its nature of trying to protect its reputation. This all started when Jery and his friends bullied Andrew's younger brother who is in year 10. My son witnessed it happening and tried to report it. In 2020 there was another incident where a student of African decent was racially vilified and assaulted as a twisted parody of the George fylod incident. This happened in the same cohort as my son's friend. After that incident, the school tried to cover up what happened and took very little action against the perpetrator. However due to the brave reporting of parents the media was made aware so that the perpetrator would face proper consequences. I just feel that my son's safety and the safety of his fellow classmates may be in danger and I don't know what to do. After my son's friend found out that his brother was being bullied he defended his brother. In response to this, during an annual school event called illumination Jery had recruited his cousins to come and intimidate Andrew and his friends. They attempted to assault the group but failed. Early last week, Jery had recruited 8 of his male cousins, all wearing balaclavas and armed with knives. This all occurred on maple tree road, outside one of the school gates. They waited outside for Andrew and his friends to come out and my son was walking far behind them as they were on their commute to the train station. It was at this moment where they ambushed and chased Andrew and his friends to an onsite field where they assaulted him by punching him repeatedly in the head. A couple of Andrew's peers also tried to step in but they were also attacked. After knocking Andrew to the ground the group retreated and left the school grounds. The police have been notified of the situation. Jery and his friends in year 10 have left the school. Him and his family have fled to Queensland. The school has attempted to keep this incident concealed from the parents. There has been a lack of transparency and clarity from the school regarding a status update. I am are yet to hear from the school and the actions they are taking. I am frustrated at the school's lack of a response and are scared for my son's safety. We wish that this message will help change that by making more people aware of the issues that face PMH.

I am afraid that the school might found out about what I said so that's why I am using an anonymous account. There is also an article covering the story: medium.com/@anonwhistleblower2024/organised-group-attacks-student-at-private-school-parents-forced-into-silence-bd6c0e57eb08. Please help me get the word out to everyone.

Concerned parent

HSC
N/A
All names have been changed for the purposes of anonymity including this throwaway account.

I am the parent of my son, Andrew's friend. My son, and his friend Andrew and his brother attend Parramatta Marist High School, Westmead. Recently my son has made aware to me that Andrew and his friends were physically assaulted twice and threaten on school grounds. The school hasn't taken much action as its nature of trying to protect its reputation. This all started when Jery and his friends bullied Andrew's younger brother who is in year 10. My son witnessed it happening and tried to report it. In 2020 there was another incident where a student of African decent was racially vilified and assaulted as a twisted parody of the George fylod incident. This happened in the same cohort as my son's friend. After that incident, the school tried to cover up what happened and took very little action against the perpetrator. However due to the brave reporting of parents the media was made aware so that the perpetrator would face proper consequences. I just feel that my son's safety and the safety of his fellow classmates may be in danger and I don't know what to do. After my son's friend found out that his brother was being bullied he defended his brother. In response to this, during an annual school event called illumination Jery had recruited his cousins to come and intimidate Andrew and his friends. They attempted to assault the group but failed. Early last week, Jery had recruited 8 of his male cousins, all wearing balaclavas and armed with knives. This all occurred on maple tree road, outside one of the school gates. They waited outside for Andrew and his friends to come out and my son was walking far behind them as they were on their commute to the train station. It was at this moment where they ambushed and chased Andrew and his friends to an onsite field where they assaulted him by punching him repeatedly in the head. A couple of Andrew's peers also tried to step in but they were also attacked. After knocking Andrew to the ground the group retreated and left the school grounds. The police have been notified of the situation. Jery and his friends in year 10 have left the school. Him and his family have fled to Queensland. The school has attempted to keep this incident concealed from the parents. There has been a lack of transparency and clarity from the school regarding a status update. I am are yet to hear from the school and the actions they are taking. I am frustrated at the school's lack of a response and are scared for my son's safety. We wish that this message will help change that by making more people aware of the issues that face PMH.

I am afraid that the school might found out about what I said so that's why I am using an anonymous account. There is also an article covering the story: medium.com/@anonwhistleblower2024/organised-group-attacks-student-at-private-school-parents-forced-into-silence-bd6c0e57eb08. Please help me get the word out to everyone.

hihglightermmmm

HSC

Weird way to ask for an atar prediction

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)