Aussie flag ? (1 Viewer)

SunnyScience

HSC
Well everyone is racist deep within, imo. Its just politically incorrect to express that. Humans feel a sense of bonding through the driving neurotransmitter oxytocin, with their own kin, their own culture and lifestyle. Mixing these in the name of "multiculturalism" is a sure trail to cultural destruction. Politicians have led society to believe multiculturalism a positive thing, that all races can live together. On the neurological level, its been proven they cant. And now so many more levels are being discovered, proving that multiculturalism is a poison to national identity. this is what ive been reading about recently. If anyone's been hearing about the new laws the netherlands have been introducing, they might know about the dark phrase circulating around english speaking countries under the political radar, "Go dutch".
Can you pm me the links to these studies on sub-conscious neurological racism and its link to the release of oxytocin, please?

On a conscious level, I am one of the least-racist people I know.

But, back on topic:

I dunno, I guess in a couple of decades it's bound to change but, right now, I think it's fine the way it is. I feel like it would be weird seeing a different symbol for our home projected everywhere. However, I guess the reluctance is due to being brought up to associate the country with the symbol.

Last edited:

hayabusaboston

HSC
Can you pm me the links to these studies on sub-conscious neurological racism and its link to the release of oxytocin, please?

On a conscious level, I am one of the least-racist people I know.

But, back on topic:

I dunno, I guess in a couple of decades it's bound to change but, right now, I think it's fine the way it is. I feel like it would be weird seeing a different symbol for our home projected everywhere. However, I guess the reluctance is due to being brought up to associate the country with the symbol.
No links, its in books I have from my cousin who's at karolinska institutet, a med school in sweden

And did I say racism is sub conscious in everyone's mind? NOO I said, that in everyones mind, there exists a sense of bonding, belonging, identity ETC ETC with ones own culture, race, identity and community in which one lives. Oxytocin is a chemical in the brain which prompts and controls the depth of emotional connection people feel to places/things/other people, and I was saying that it is especially strong in developing cultural belonging. HOWEVER when new cultures encroach upon one's way of life and multiple cultures are integrated together, this oxytocin-induced belonging for all aspects of connection between the cultures is EXTREMELY DIFFICULT to activate, WHICH IS WHY I say that within us all is, rather than racism, there is a sense of connection to your OWN KIND, so bringing others into the equation is kinda OMG FUCK THIS I CBF EXPLAINING but yea You get the point hopefully. The racism thing was kinda by default, as in, you dont like others intruding upon you ie you would rather not have them there ie racism lol. kahdgf0ohsd0igoshjghisod you get it. Wow this was a long post.

And absolutezero, here's a laugh

Old man walks into a gym. Sees hot blonde babe. Wants to impress her, doesnt know how. Asks personal trainer at the desk,

"Hello, I was wondering, do you happen to know which machine I could use to impress that young blonde girl over there?" he asks

Trainer replies "I believe the ATM at the entrance will do the job sir"

This joke made my maths teacher laugh. For the first time. EVER. He NEVER LAUGHS AT JOKES.

Last edited:

asadass

HSC
Uni Grad
You mean the one linked in the OP, the one we're supposed to be discussing.
No, i meant a completely irrelevant flag that i did not link. Sorry to be so confusing

Pfortune35

HSC
Well everyone is racist deep within, imo. Its just politically incorrect to express that. Humans feel a sense of bonding through the driving neurotransmitter oxytocin, with their own kin, their own culture and lifestyle. Mixing these in the name of "multiculturalism" is a sure trail to cultural destruction. Politicians have led society to believe multiculturalism a positive thing, that all races can live together. On the neurological level, its been proven they cant. And now so many more levels are being discovered, proving that multiculturalism is a poison to national identity. this is what ive been reading about recently. If anyone's been hearing about the new laws the netherlands have been introducing, they might know about the dark phrase circulating around english speaking countries under the political radar, "Go dutch".

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
The studies on oxytocin indicate it increases bonding within a group but doesnt change perceptions of people outside the group so I dont think it really makes you racist per se.

hayabusaboston

HSC
The studies on oxytocin indicate it increases bonding within a group but doesnt change perceptions of people outside the group so I dont think it really makes you racist per se.
Yes exactly, I did not say it changes perceptions about an external group however, I said oxytocin release is simply more difficult with an external group, ie its harder to "bond" with an external group

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Final warning, this isn't a thread about race, it's about flags, next person to post otherwise will be infracted.

RishBonjour

HSC
I can't see bogans running around with that flag on Australia day.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Also re: flag. Should we change it: maybe, it doesn't really matter / I don't think the current flag has been as prominent or ingrained in Australia's history as people think, so I don't see the need to be overly attached to it.
is this a joke

Julia Gillard will literally be strung up and murdered by a lynch mob if she is responsible for changing the flag

The flag is terrible and I suggest this one:

mraznboy

HSC
since we're so multicultural, i reckon our flag should be rainbow coloured! or have a unicorn in the center !!

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
is this a joke

Julia Gillard will literally be strung up and murdered by a lynch mob if she is responsible for changing the flag

The flag is terrible and I suggest this one:

USA would agree.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)