• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australia vs Rest of the World (cricket) (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
dave_119 said:
your a fucking moron, i say it now, and ill say it 2mrw....... did u hear about sri lanka pulling out of thei tour 2 NZ because of the tsunami?? or do u live in a hole??

therefore the ICC have put together a world XI to play 3 one dayers against NZ so they dont go without game practice.. i thought that would be obvious
Dude calm down and stop being so aggressive. That question was not unreasonable, and I'm sure there are a fair few on this board wouldn't have known the answer either.

Pace Setter

dave_119 said:
your a fucking moron, i say it now, and ill say it 2mrw....... did u hear about sri lanka pulling out of thei tour 2 NZ because of the tsunami?? or do u live in a hole??

therefore the ICC have put together a world XI to play 3 one dayers against NZ so they dont go without game practice.. i thought that would be obvious
Maybe I didn't phrase the question properly. I'm well aware of NZ pulling out of SL, and "their" justification for playing these substitute games. However, usually when there's a crisis in a country, a replacement series for the team(s) affected does not take place. Usually when the ICC play a Country X verses ROW series, that country is no.1 in the rankings.

Now, NZ is not no.1 in anything concerning cricket. They dont play the best cricket. They dont have the most number of fans. They don't have the most amount of money. Show me a situation in the past where a Country X verses ROW game/series was justified because Country X cancelled a previously planned series.

Pace Setter

Probably not, but how does that justify a game for NZ (who isnt directly affected) against a world 11? Dave_119 says they did it to give NZ match practice. The requirement for that practice would hardly increase as a result of the increase in the devastation of a disaster (compared to previous ocassions where teams have pulled out).

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Pace Setter said:
Show me a situation in the past where a Country X verses ROW game/series was justified because Country X cancelled a previously planned series.
New Zealand didnt cancel though, it was Sri Lanka, i dont think you quite said what u wanted.

No, the New Zealand Vs ROW series isnt really justified, but maybe profits are going to the tsunami cause?? I dont really know, its just a suggestion

Pace Setter

I heard from a not-that-reliable source that NZ cricket admin would take in all the money because they're going broke, partly as a result of not playing SL. Either way, given the precedent set for ROW games in the past, it's, as I said, puzzling as to why they've given NZ such a series.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
hmm yes i agree with the above comments...something must b said bout the nz one day team, they r very good, they really did come back when they were over here not too long ago...but god help their test team

dave_119

Banned
HSC
Pace Setter said:
I heard from a not-that-reliable source that NZ cricket admin would take in all the money because they're going broke, partly as a result of not playing SL. Either way, given the precedent set for ROW games in the past, it's, as I said, puzzling as to why they've given NZ such a series.
ur source is just that, non reliable,.. have u looked at world X1 team?? its full of past players who have retired or not in the one day fold... the sri lanka series had been postponed til april, so NZ aint losing money

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
NZ arn't that bad in ODI...i mean they outperformed Australia in 2004 and finished first for the year

Pace Setter

Not sure there's actually been disagreement that NZ are a decent ODI side. As long as they're not no.1, the opinion that they are decent does little to justify the series.

Angelduck, internet message boards are the home of quabbling over issues that "dont matter much."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)