Australian economy completely avoids recession (1 Viewer)

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
yes you're right schroe it's prolonged THE GLOBAL FINANCIAL CRISIS in Australia by about -6months because we were never in one thanks to heroic govt spending

eat slugs!
No it's made it so that when the second bust hits, which will be soon, we will be seriously fucked because they'll have realised these tools just don't work.

These interventions cause shockwaves, and this re-directed spending and stimulus just promotes unsustainable economic activity.

How does borrowing money to fix debt help us exactly?

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Half of the stuff I'm reading in this thread sounds like the sort of farces Bastiat joked about. For fuck's sake, pull yourselves together people.

HSC
N/A
No it's made it so that when the second bust hits, which will be soon, we will be seriously fucked because they'll have realised these tools just don't work.

These interventions cause shockwaves, and this re-directed spending and stimulus just promotes unsustainable economic activity.

How does borrowing money to fix debt help us exactly?
don't dare take that tone with me boi

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
Schiff is Ron Paul's economic adviser. So he's all the Austrian awesome with none of the creationist bullshit.

P sure Schiff is a non-believer.

sthcross.dude

HSC
tbh I respect Ron Paul more because he is a christfag.

The fact that he believes this religious shit, but still adheres steadfastly to the non-aggression axiom and opposes forcing Christian values on people is impressive.

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
tbh I respect Ron Paul more because he is a christfag.

The fact that he believes this religious shit, but still adheres steadfastly to the non-aggression axiom and opposes forcing Christian values on people is impressive.
My disputes are retracted, good point.

HSC
Anyone who holds such views about not forcing their views on another is admirable. The world needs more of people like that.

HSC
N/A
Jesus fucking christ I am schooled as hell in macroeconomics, it just doesn't work at all.

This shit creates bubbles and it all comes crashing down upon everyone because you quite literally cannot print your way out of a recession.

Mal investment is the only thing that is grown by these ridiculous policies.

I'm glad to see your rudimentary grasp of HSC Economics is wonderful and helpful but perhaps you'd all be better off reading:

www.fee.org/pdf/books/Economics_in_one_lesson.pdf

To learn why the things you think you've been taught are all falsehoods.
woah, time to drop the math...
I never took economics at highschool..I've only taken in at university..and actually discussed these issues with professors..
To sum up, your one of those evangelical Austrian creeps, who feel intelligent after listening to some simpleton, who relys on emotive conspiricy nonsense, and surface cleverness to convey wisdom. Sorry, but like you, these people (schiff etc) are devoid of a sophistaced understanding of economics, their straw man arguments sit about 50 steps behind the pace. Sadly economics is not as simply as 'gov badz, free-markets gudz', it's actually far more nuanced, and requires alot more thought than that fatuous shit you link. Most of what you think is being debated is actually non-argument, we know the US fed played a role, we know alot of the stimulus has been misdirected, and that it inflation is bad, nothing you say is new or clever or insighful.
Admittely your a moron, and like the morons before you, your credulous mind gravitates towards the catchcy slogan, and rejects, before even attempting to comphrehend the complex, less elegent theorys.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
I never took economics at highschool..I've only taken in at university..and actually discussed these issues with professors..
To sum up, your one of those evangelical Austrian creeps, who feel intelligent after listening to some simpleton, who relys on emotive conspiricy nonsense, and surface cleverness to convey wisdom. Sorry, but like you, these people (schiff etc) are devoid of a sophistaced understanding of economics, their straw man arguments sit about 50 steps behind the pace. Sadly economics is not as simply as 'gov badz, free-markets gudz', it's actually far more nuanced, and requires alot more thought than that fatuous shit you link. Most of what you think is being debated is actually non-argument, we know the US fed played a role, we know alot of the stimulus has been misdirected, and that it inflation is bad, nothing you say is new or clever or insighful.
Admittely your a moron, and like the morons before you, your credulous mind gravitates towards the catchcy slogan, and rejects, before even attempting to comphrehend the complex, less elegent theorys.
*you're.

...and you were going so well. :(

Garygaz

HSC
Last edited:

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
To sum up, your one of those evangelical Austrian creeps, who feel intelligent after listening to some simpleton, who relys on emotive conspiricy nonsense, and surface cleverness to convey wisdom.
You'd call Nobel prize winning Economist Friedrich Von Hayek a simpleton? Murray Rothbard? Walter Block?

Shows how little you know.

Sorry, but like you, these people (schiff etc) are devoid of a sophistaced understanding of economics, their straw man arguments sit about 50 steps behind the pace. Sadly economics is not as simply as 'gov badz, free-markets gudz', it's actually far more nuanced, and requires alot more thought than that fatuous shit you link.
Look up the definition of fatuous. I'm sorry but I won't debate against a straw man presented by someone who doesn't understand it. The fact of the matter is all of these people are schooled in keynsian concepts, it's just that these concepts are so distanced from the reality of the situation as to compromise their own integrity. Otherwise how do governments collapse?

Most of what you think is being debated is actually non-argument, we know the US fed played a role, we know alot of the stimulus has been misdirected, and that it inflation is bad, nothing you say is new or clever or insighful.
Yet you can't explain the mechanism of how inflation works (Uuuh Sticky wages or uhh ummm uhhh), why effective demand is a ludicrous concept, and why Keynes said it would be better to pay individuals to dig holes and fill them in again.

All of this leads to malinvestment and disrupts the natural flow of the market.

We must figure out how many angels dance on the head of a pin!

Being called a moron with a grip on the english language almost as tenuous as his grip on reality? Priceless.

Please continue to use your statistical tools and other methods to make a reflection of economics that is poorly reflective of reality at best, and heading for a destructive turn, I don't mind. The majesty of laffer's cloth that makes up the emperor's tunic is wonderous, keynes leather and footing that comprise the emperor's footwear are also of a decadence unbeforeseen.

Last edited:

Planck

Banned
HSC
N/A
A poor dismissal of what appears to be relevant critique.
It's about as relevant a critique as a theologian screaming at Dawkins.

EDIT: But i've addressed some of the fool's points.

Last edited:

murphyad

HSC
It's about as relevant a critique as a theologian screaming at Dawkins.
Weak analogy.

Theism and atheism are both ultimately dependent on individual beliefs and thus cannot be conclusively proven or disproven in all cases. However, economics is by and large founded in factual statistics. The only difference is neoliberal ideologues like you who continue to be misled by, as ComingupforAir put it, "fatuous shit" that misinterprets statistical fact.

You demonstrate a classic case of the confirmation bias: you select only the (limited) evidence that supports your point of view. However, I would suggest you look at economic data slightly more holistically. As Air said, most of what you purport to be debate is actually conclusive fact.

Finally, your decision to fob all this off denotes your imbecility and ignorance.

Last edited:

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
You demonstrate a classic case of the confirmation bias: you select only the (limited) evidence that supports your point of view. However, I would suggest you look at economic data slightly more holistically. As Air said, most of what you purport to be debate is actually conclusive fact.
Economists wish they dealt in facts (*insert physics envy*).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)