Australian History and Geography tested together? (1 Viewer)

sungkwo

HSC
N/A
why is history and geography, two different subjects tested together in the SC yet reported separately? I think its kinda dumb because I ending up spending a lot longer on one paper(history) than the other(geography), and plus they are different subjects requiring different skills. Is there some logical reason behind it, or is it some strange tradition they have.

HSC
sungkwo said:
why is history and geography, two different subjects tested together in the SC yet reported separately? I think its kinda dumb because I ending up spending a lot longer on one paper(history) than the other(geography), and plus they are different subjects requiring different skills. Is there some logical reason behind it, or is it some strange tradition they have.
arent the two subjects supposed to make up one course? like the minimum hour requirements?

aimhigh10

HSC
well they're tied together with civics and citizenship as well
i guess all three make up the whole deal

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
I've always wondered that too. But I do prefer it that way.
I did my geography yearly exam last term and spent 30-40mins on it and just sat in the exam room doing nothing for the next 20 mins. So i'm assuming i'll spend the same amount of time on it during trials and SC. That way I can spend more time on history, the preferred subject between the two.
meh.
it works for me. :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
sungkwo said:
The SC is stupid, why bother worrying about it?

Soooo glad about the zero geography next year, it bores me to tears having to listen to a teacher drone on about 'Austraya'a global links', 'research action plan' and '5.3 is tested' twice a damn week.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
supercalamari said:
The SC is stupid, why bother worrying about it?

Soooo glad about the zero geography next year, it bores me to tears having to listen to a teacher drone on about 'Austraya'a global links', 'research action plan' and '5.3 is tested' twice a damn week.
You only have geography twice a week, LUCKY (i think. geography and lucky should not be used in the same sentence).

We have geography three times a week. :(
It sucks so bad.

TBK11

HSC
hmm i think its because well for my school it works like this
A-M (Surnames) Term 1 and 2 Geography
N-Z (Surnames) Term 1 and 2 History
A-M(Surnames) Term 3 And 4 History
N-Z (Surnames) Term 3 and 4 Geography

so since its split up its a Half
and 2 halfs make a Whole, so that is why it is combined in the SC and Trials

well this Theory may be wrong but thats what they go by at my school

And yes i agree SC is a total waste of valuable Holiday time, it should be if your going on to yr12 u shouldn' have to sit it :D and should go straight to holi's in my oppion
my 2 Cents

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
DALiE. (: said:
You only have geography twice a week, LUCKY (i think. geography and lucky should not be used in the same sentence).

We have geography three times a week. :(
It sucks so bad.
How long are your periods?
Ours are 55mins.

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
supercalamari said:
How long are your periods?
Ours are 55mins.
Ours are an hour and 3 mins.

But i'm assuming you do history and geography all year round rather than splitting up the two between semester 1 and semester 2??

HSC

But i'm assuming you do history and geography all year round rather than splitting up the two between semester 1 and semester 2??
haha thats funny..
we unfortunately have 6 periods of history and 6 periods of geography a fortnight..and periods are 75mins =.=;;

DALiE. (:

HSC
N/A
xXmuffin0manXx said:
haha thats funny..
we unfortunately have 6 periods of history and 6 periods of geography a fortnight..and periods are 75mins =.=;;
I know, right? Apparently the 3 mins is the time it takes to walk from class to class and settle down :rolleyes:.

Ewwww. And I thought I was unlucky.
I wouldn't be able to take that much geography.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC

Yeah, we do that. Thank GOD :)

suzlee

HSC
I just want this off my chest:

I HATE GEOGRAPHY!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

TBK11

HSC
suzlee said:
I just want this off my chest:

I HATE GEOGRAPHY!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:
Hardly ayone likes geo, our head teacher for s.s wants everyone to do geo cause its easy but i think throughout the year only 15 kids choose it as a subject shows how interesting it is

HSC
In our school, we learn the SC history course at the same time as geography but only have 2 periods of history, and then 2 periods of geography a week. In the exam, the teachers allocate an hour for us for each subject as opposed to us managing our time, which has its pros and cons.

Only 5 people wanted to do geography next year in our whole grade, and my geo teacher was very disappointed, but we all hate it because its too easy.

speedofsound

HSC
We have History 3 periods a fortnight and Geography 4 (although it was the other way round in year 9.), which sucks because I love History way more.

ttrinix

HSC
we only have 2 periods a wk of each of the subject and our periods are 38mins

ttrinix

HSC
btw, how much extra history and geo do u guys do in yr 10, compared to yr 9?

suzlee

HSC
ttrinix said:
btw, how much extra history and geo do u guys do in yr 10, compared to yr 9?
In year 9, I had 6 periods of Geo/His a fortnight.
Geo=Term 1 and 2
His=Term 3 and 4

In year 10.. we combined it all and I have 6 periods each for both subjects a fortnight.

So that's basically double.

...:mad:

TBK11

HSC
suzlee said:
In year 9, I had 6 periods of Geo/His a fortnight.
Geo=Term 1 and 2
His=Term 3 and 4

In year 10.. we combined it all and I have 6 periods each for both subjects a fortnight.

So that's basically double.

...:mad:
thats alot

for us Term1-2 geo
Term 3-4 history :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)