• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Idol 2004 (3 Viewers)

yeah i got tickets for last monday's verdict show!
ithink it may have been easier to get them cos it was like footy grand final weekend

but it was all shot live and they did all these cool giveaways in the ads! :) :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
i started from casey but here are my thoughts.

casey - fucking awful. she absolutely raped that song up the ass. obviously she was so preoccupied with doing something new and different that she couldn't just present the song well as is. i said 'uhh, she does realise that there's than one sentence in it right?'. next time concentrate on learning the fucking words.

marty - i really enjoyed this although something turns me off about marty, not quite sure what. as has been said many times, he picked a really hard song because lennon just sounds SO incredible on the original that marty never was really going to improve the song.

hayley - boring. she has a good voice but she is not a performer. the only song she's done i've really enjoyed is weir. she basically looked into the camera and sang. it's obviously a very emotional song but i wasn't feeling it. also how much did she turn mark down?

courtney - why did the judges like this so much? i thought it was awful and he butchered the song. for shame.

ricki-lee - ok, i'm going to change gears now and say, why didn't dicko like this? i think she's fantastic. yeah, it was a very poppy version, but she did it well, she was engaging and i know the song fairly well and i didn't notice that she forgot the lyrics. it definitely wasn't a perfect performance, but compared to the steaming piles of shit that were everyone else's performance bar marty, it was up there.

Silverstone

Obey, The Law.
HSC
Glyc - Agreed. I think Courtney's voice is severely lacking, and to be honest - Theyre giving him special consideration because of his weight, in my opinion. There really is nothing special about him.

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
glycerine said:
marty - i really enjoyed this although something turns me off about marty, not quite sure what. as has been said many times, he picked a really hard song because lennon just sounds SO incredible on the original that marty never was really going to improve the song.

hayley - boring. she has a good voice but she is not a performer. the only song she's done i've really enjoyed is weir. she basically looked into the camera and sang. it's obviously a very emotional song but i wasn't feeling it. also how much did she turn mark down?

courtney - why did the judges like this so much? i thought it was awful and he butchered the song. for shame.

ricki-lee - ok, i'm going to change gears now and say, why didn't dicko like this? i think she's fantastic. yeah, it was a very poppy version, but she did it well, she was engaging and i know the song fairly well and i didn't notice that she forgot the lyrics. it definitely wasn't a perfect performance, but compared to the steaming piles of shit that were everyone else's performance bar marty, it was up there.
these are the ones i saw, and i more or less agree with this all (helps that you stole half my comments, erin). was most impressed with marty, even though his performance was far from perfect, oh darling is an incredibly difficult song to pull off when you are always going to be compared with lennon on abbey road (this is my fav song off abbey road as well). i was sure it would be butchered, but it turned out pretty damn well

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
glycerine said:
haha pat watched australian idol!
i'm sorry, but the fact is that the beatles' coolness negates the crapness of anything, excluding neighbours

Lundy

Banned
HSC
If the beatles reunited/came back from the dead and were on australian idol I still wouldn't watch australian idol, on principle.

*hugs foxtel*

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh please, principle? yeah i'm sure your reasons for not watching idol are all about ethics and not about the fact that you're not interested.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i liked hayley. simple, sung nicely

court was good, just the normal type for him though, i don't think he can go much further

ricki was not as good as usual

anthony was good, i know what dicko meant but singing slow songs every week gets boring

chanel was good, but she's not changing her style

casey stuffed up and she knew it. some parts she sang well

marty isn't going anywhere either (in singing style)

Last edited:

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
anthony was quite good - i enjoyed his performance, i dont understand wat the judges meant.

i like marty's voice, he sung the song really well this week.

who do ppl think will be leaving on monday?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
re anthony - dicko meant that singing 'bubblegum' up beat pop songs gets tiring for the viewers and wears off easily. the songs with more integrity, like the one he sang last week, people respond to better because they can 'move' them. for anthony, singing upbeat is easier and so he is supposedly taking the easy way out

i have a feeling casey might go, otherwise marty or chanel

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
I loved Marty this week. The judges were right, he sung a lot better when he let go, and just went for all the high notes etc.
I hope Marty stays, and I hope Chanel goes. She's been bugging me for a while now.

PenelopeK

S Healer
HSC
hyperbole said:
and I hope Chanel goes. She's been bugging me for a while now.
ohh i hate chanel, she seems so fake and obviously trys hard to be weird and quirky. would be happy to see her go

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
melsc said:
ANTHONY RULES
BEST PERFOMANCES : COURT, ANTHONY, CHANEL

If u dun like pplz messing with beatles y make it a theme on idol?
wtf are you on about?

MouNtY

iambored said:
i liked hayley. simple, sung nicely

court was good, just the normal type for him though, i don't think he can go much further

ricki was not as good as usual

anthony was good, i know what dicko meant but singing slow songs every week gets boring

chanel was good, but she's not changing her style

casey stuffed up and she knew it. some parts she sang well

marty isn't going anywhere either (in singing style)
i agree wit everythin you just said.............except for the part about ricki-lee (or maybe i'm misinterpreting wat you said)....but she's had a lot of good performances......todays was just really mediocre though......but i think she's starting to lose her voice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)