• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Idol 2004 (2 Viewers)

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
PenelopeK said:
anthony was quite good - i enjoyed his performance, i dont understand wat the judges meant.

i like marty's voice, he sung the song really well this week.

who do ppl think will be leaving on monday?
thats the part I don't understand...thats his style of performance, he's most comfortable like that so why change him? if the public don't like his style, they'll vote him out, but they haven't, and dicko week in, week out says "the public will get bored of you"...well he's never been in the bottom 3....

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
wow that was crap... some of the songs were not just bad but completely murdered... marty, who shouldve gone weeks ago prolly gave the most surprising performance cuz he's was the only semi decent rendition... some one should give hayley a medal for turning yesterday into a lullaby...

marcia needs to be shot... you dont need to interrupt every other person just to say you've done well. a tape recorder would do a better performance as a judge

HSC
Yeah I found most of the performances pretty boring tonight. Lol pretty funny... today I was watching Idol Extra on V. Andrew G was interviewing Dicko backstage and asked "Dicko do you get tired of Marcia always interrupting you?" To which he replied "No, Andrew, why would it annoy me that I can't give my opinion, why would that bother me at all" (sarcasm) and then went on for a bit. Then watching tonight and he's telling Marcia not to interrupt him and let him speak. Hahaha funny shit I couldnt stop laughing. How insulted was he when she implied he didn't know anything because he's not a singer hahaha I thought he was going to cry.

mayhemily

HSC
Yeah the most entertaining part of idol is the bitch fights the judges have. My completely correct and not at all questionable rundown of the ppl last night is as follows:

Chanel: She was completely my favourite because across the universe is one of my fave beatles songs and she didnt kill it. Well she did, but in a good way. Her performance made me cry
Anthony: Meh i dont like him. His voice grates on my nerves, his looks grate on my nerves and he had pretty much no knowledge of the beatles which showed in his trampy song.
Kasey: Im usually a fan but she stuffed up. I hope she doesnt go though.
Marty: Marty ROCKED!!! That was his best performance thus far, and it was gooood.
Courtney: He wasnt up to the standard, coz he was dressed up as sgt pepper i thought he was going to sing a sgt pepper song. He sounded like he wasnt trying and yeh i was disapointed
Ricki-Lee: Even when she sings badly she looks like shes havig fun, which i like. But did not like her performance and her singing voice annoys me.
Hayley: Hayley did really good, and she always does yet she always seems to be hovering around the bottom 3, which sucks so I think i'm going to vote for her.

Anyway I can't believe I even watch it because i hate pop music. But its addictive and meh i'll shuddup now

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
id say best peformance was Chanel last night, although i did find it funny that she was trying hard to belt out notes like marcia told her.

Anthony still gives me tingles :p the beatles theme just doesn't suit his style.

i missed out on courtney and caseys peformance

meanwhile, holden looked so stupid as usual...

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Poor ricki-lee! Everyone just assumed she would be fine and that they didn't need to vote for her....i'm glad chanel is still in but it really shouldn't have come down to the 2 of them.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
NO!

SIf ricki lee gone thats like blasphemy :S

This is turning into boring idol.

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
on last nights performances it should have been Casey. I'm so glad it wasn't Chanel, that was her best ever last night and if you get voted out on your best, what hope is there for the world?!
Ricki-Lee is a diva and that won't be the end of her!!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
i agree wit everythin you just said.............except for the part about ricki-lee (or maybe i'm misinterpreting wat you said)....but she's had a lot of good performances......todays was just really mediocre though......but i think she's starting to lose her voice
lol i think you misinterpreted what i said :) since i said what you said above - she wasn't as good as she usually is, every week she is fantastic, this week she was mediocre

TRAVESTY - RICKI WAS GOING TO WIN!!!!

@tomorrows angel - as for the chanel comment, she hasn't been good every other week, i would have been fine with her going on her best because ricki lee has been FANTASTIC EVERY WEEK and so she deserves to stay more than any of the others.

if they get a point for each time they are great, ricki has 5 points and chanel has 1. ricki should have stayed

Last edited:

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
anthony is the only good one left

possibly casey if she returns back to normal

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
I'm glad Casey didn't go.. Last night could've been the death of her and I seriously think she has a lot more talent than most of them there, namely Marty.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
yeah now we don't have too fantastic people to compete for the final. we only have anthony. if he goes, pfft, who gives a crap who wins idol, it won't be worth it.

(i like the others, but none of them are fantastically amazing in both singing and personality, which is the type of person i want to win)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
glycerine said:
how can anyone say courtney was good? argh
Im not a fan of courtney but i tuned in for his beatles rendition and i thought it was really good, easily the best.

On another note, Im not a beatles purist but I particularly didnt like ricki-lee's version of "we can work it out"...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
It shld have been marty this week...he has 9 lives !!! Pplz vote 4 Anthony...coz Rickii lee went coz everyone thought she was safe....

GO ANTHONY

It was Chanel, Rickii Lee and Marty

Fry

Australia is seriously fucked up. i am outraged and was on the verge of throwing my tv set out the window. Ricki-Lee's performance was better than any of the other contestants last night and was consistently exceptional every week. it was the song that failed on her, not her voice. i am officially boycotting the show now FOR GOOD. its clearly a popularity contest and there's no doubt that Anthony's going to win. i fucking hate him and it sickens me that all of the female fans are voting for him cos of his looks. Casey should've been the one to go. her performance atrocious and yet she still didn't even make it in the bottom 3. now that is just wrong wrong wrong.

superbird

HSC
I totally agree with you Fry. Anthony will win, they'll like him for 2 weeks then piss him off just like the previous winners of "Popstars".
Ricki-Lee could've gone far dammit!! :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)