• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Australian Idol 2004 (1 Viewer)

eLmo

Stalker.
HSC
Will_Sparky said:
Ricki Lee did not deserve to go. She wasn't the BEST in the competition but she certainly wasn't the worst in the final 7! Hoping for a Bree from BB incident!
She was the best female left... I used to like Chanel, but she bores me now- she needs to go too.

Fry

steph@nie said:
wrong week to make a song their own. its the beatles for fucks sake. surely they would've had more sense.
they shouldn't have had a Beatles theme to begin with if they didn't want the contestants to ruin the songs, which was highly likely to happen.

Fry

natstar said:
Oz needs to stop being lazy and vote, which was why ricki lee was outed tonight
i think its more to do with stinginess. if voting was free then i'd vote non-stop.

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
AsyLum said:
Im hoping for a metal head to get into aussie idol
too bad that will never happen in australia....

i dont get the hype behind ricki lee... though shes had better stage presence and performance than many of the others in the top 12, her voice is nothing but energetic karaoke.... Hayley shouldve went though for butchering yesterday (how can you forget words to that song... theres only like 1 repeated chorus)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
You know how Marcia said 4 people forgotten their lyrics? i only picked up 2, Hayley and Casey...who were the others????

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
omFg can't believe Ricki's gone.... of all the freakin ppl to go.. IT SHOULD'VE BEEN CHANEL. Sure, Ricki had a bad performance last night.. but it definitely wasn't the worst out of the lot, and it was her 1st time.. otherwise she's always been good. Chanel's been consistently BAD. Her, Marty & Courtney.. need to go ASAP.

I voted like 10 times for Casey cos i thought she did the worst n she would probably be in the bottom 3.. hah should've voted for Ricki.. seriously thought she was safe though ?! >.< Only got Anthony to go for now (and Casey tho she might not last long)... =/

Last edited:

MouNtY

well it's nice that you tried but i highly doubt that your vote would've saved her....good one for trying though

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
DooNy_TeChY said:
well it's nice that you tried but i highly doubt that your vote would've saved her....good one for trying though
lol you never know ? Chanel could've only been just 1 or 2 votes away from Ricki ?

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Survivor39 said:
You know how Marcia said 4 people forgotten their lyrics? i only picked up 2, Hayley and Casey...who were the others????
i think ricki lee was another one

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
and courtney mixed up his words. i think only ppl who actually knew the song would notice though.

anne, chanel is fantastic! she actually bothers to do something a bit different with what she sings. she cites radiohead, fiona apple, portishead and ella fitzgerald as her musical idols...they are musicians, with souls, as opposed to whitney houston who is an amazing set of vocal cords wrapped in boobs and hair.

and as a beatles lover i have to say ricki-lee BUTCHERED we can work it out. i totally agreed with dicko there. she and casey both have great voices but they stomped all over beautiful simple melodies with their arrangements and murdered beautiful songs. much as hayley shits me and boring as she is, i though she was better off keeping that simplicity that her song has (well, she did mostly, apart from the vocal acrobatics). but i hope she goes this week. :uhhuh:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Fry said:
they shouldn't have had a Beatles theme to begin with if they didn't want the contestants to ruin the songs, which was highly likely to happen.

hehe says alot about Australian Idol if they're almost guaranteed to butcher Beatles songs though eh?

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
Sarah168 said:
hehe says alot about Australian Idol if they're almost guaranteed to butcher Beatles songs though eh?
true...i think it's about staying true to the souls of the songs (beatles songs have souls. britney's don't) and not trying to make it their own. you can't cover a beatles song, only pay tribute to it. see the i am sam soundtrack for examples. i think courtney, chanel, marty and *grudgingly* hayley all did that. i didn't see anthony.

rumour

HSC
No not ricki-lee :(

I didn't watch all of sunday nights show, but it looked interesting!!!

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
welshi said:
and as a beatles lover i have to say ricki-lee BUTCHERED we can work it out. i totally agreed with dicko there. she and casey both have great voices but they stomped all over beautiful simple melodies with their arrangements and murdered beautiful songs. much as hayley shits me and boring as she is, i though she was better off keeping that simplicity that her song has (well, she did mostly, apart from the vocal acrobatics). but i hope she goes this week. :uhhuh:
Casey and Ricki butchered the beatles songs cos they themselves aren't really a fan of those guys and their music... it was a hard theme for all the youngies in the group =/ I admit Casey's was probably the worst [thus voting 10 times for her.. and it worked woo hoo ! :D].. but she's definitely done better in the past and as for Ricki, that was her 1st time in the whole comp getting bad comments.. 99.9% she's brought the goods every week. I always thot her and Anthony were the 2 strongest singers.. Ricki was supposed to be in the final damnit =(

At least we agree on 1 thing.. i definitely wouldn't mind if Hayley leaves next ! [or Courtney, or Marty or *cough* CHANEL.... :p]

rumour

HSC
This year there are no clear faves, I remember this time last year everyone wanted Guy to win!!!!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
chanel is just one big fake good singerer person. in my opinion anyways. i respect the fact that she is different, that she is an individual, stands up for what she believes in.. but is the constant by-the-book flirting necessary?! especially with dicko.. its disturbing...

but thats my opinion on chanel... please no1 hate me :D

and i definetly dont think ricki-lee should of went, i think marty has had a lucky escape these last couple of weeks, he did well on sunday night but his other performances havent been so good.

but omg CASEY!! the poor thing chose the absolute wrong song for her. i felt so sorry for her.

my huge ramble is now finished.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
casey picked my favourite beatles song! elanor rigby, but i missed her peformance, apprently she didnt go well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)