Australian Idol 2004 (1 Viewer)

artfag

Banned
HSC
i was never a fan of dicki-knee 'cause it always seemed like she shouted her songs- but she definitely didn't deserve to leave tonight. fuck off hayley, casey and marty. yr blandness makes me want to throw up

tomorrows_angel

tomorrow is too soon...
HSC
yeah and she prob still will cos she's got the personality and the talent to get to the top.
hahahaha popstars... scott cain... man he sucks. actually all the popstars people sucked. they faded into obscurity in a matter of weeks.

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
i don't agree that anthony is only there coz of his looks, but yes ricki lee was brilliant each week (though i didn't watch sunday's performances)... she definitely shoudln't have gone.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
@fry i don't agree, if it was a popularity contest ricki would have still been there. it's a show of luck + voice. everyone i know thought ricki was going to win. she was popular.

BIG_AJ

Banned
yeh popularity ricki had it
if everyone voted ricki had it
but noone votes accept ppl supporting people who are in danger of leaving

Thomas_wow

amali has my vote... even tho she's been voted out...

i was actually surprised to see the new guy sevastion single at #1... though i think if it wasnt for this series of australian idol, he would have released the single and no-one would have noticed, good timing by aust. idol and the record company.

we need that pig farmer from series one, he was a true aussie yobo idol

Fry

bubz said:
i don't agree that anthony is only there coz of his looks, but yes ricki lee was brilliant each week (though i didn't watch sunday's performances)... she definitely shoudln't have gone.
i meant that he is popular because of his looks. how many times have you heard on the radio or tv, 'I like Anthony…because he is hot'. i can assure you that he will never be in the bottom 3, he has an enormous female fan base behind him. there's not going to be any competition now that Ricki-Lee is gone. females never get a chance in Australian Idol do they?

iambored said:
@fry i don't agree, if it was a popularity contest ricki would have still been there. it's a show of luck + voice. everyone i know thought ricki was going to win. she was popular.
she wasn't as popular as you might think. most people thought she an excellent singer and performer, but she didn't have much of an interesting personality to generate much fervour among the fans. to me, she was the most talented out of the lot, but i was more interested in watching Chanel than Ricki-Lee on Inside Idol, and i never really felt a strong need to vote for her or support her.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
each to their own, i've been wanting chanel out for a while. yeah she has a quirky personality, but ricki's personality was good enough for me to say she has the package.

lol all the little teen chicks vote in the 'hot' guys. yes, males have much more of a chance, but i still think he can be in the bottom three if people think he's too comfortable. i think people cotes last week becasue they remember what happened to paulini and didn't want it to happen again (well it just did)

Fry

BIG_AJ said:
yeh popularity ricki had it
if everyone voted ricki had it
but noone votes accept ppl supporting people who are in danger of leaving
yeah, Casey got the sympathy vote and Marty did too last week because people wanted to give him a break from the bottom 3, even though his performance was horrendous.

Fry

iambored said:
each to their own, i've been wanting chanel out for a while. yeah she has a quirky personality, but ricki's personality was good enough for me to say she has the package.
i dunno why but a lot of my friends say that Ricki-Lee's personality 'irks' them. i just don't see it.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
Fry said:
Australia is seriously fucked up. i am outraged and was on the verge of throwing my tv set out the window. Ricki-Lee's performance was better than any of the other contestants last night and was consistently exceptional every week. it was the song that failed on her, not her voice. i am officially boycotting the show now FOR GOOD. its clearly a popularity contest and there's no doubt that Anthony's going to win. i fucking hate him and it sickens me that all of the female fans are voting for him cos of his looks. Casey should've been the one to go. her performance atrocious and yet she still didn't even make it in the bottom 3. now that is just wrong wrong wrong.

I cant stand ricky-lee, I wish she wasn't eevn in the top 12.
Sundays night performance was CRAP and the song was unrecognisable

Fry

Ranger Stacie said:
I cant stand ricky-lee, I wish she wasn't eevn in the top 12.
Sundays night performance was CRAP and the song was unrecognisable
see what i mean, some people can't stand her. i didn't know the song so i wouldn't know whether she slaughtered it or not. it wasn't her best night but there were others who were far worse than hers.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
They all tried to screw around with them, with the exception of two, and it just wasn't meant to be done.

Will_Sparky

Left BOS 8/7/2005...
HSC
Okay, note that I havent read the rest of the thread :p.. so am just giving my two cents:

Ricki Lee did not deserve to go. She wasn't the BEST in the competition but she certainly wasn't the worst in the final 7! Hoping for a Bree from BB incident!

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
ahaha...I can't help but laugh

I never did like Ricki-Lee...she shouted her songs - yes she had energy and stage presence, but her voice was lacking talent-wise

Fry

steph@nie said:
They all tried to screw around with them, with the exception of two, and it just wasn't meant to be done.
well the judges are always saying 'make the song your own' and its quite difficult to change the arrangement of a well-loved song around without it being blasted by the public. the contenders who sang the songs exactly how the Beatles sang it took the safe option while Ricki-Lee took a huge risk and unfortunately she had to pay the price. :(

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Im hoping for a metal head to get into aussie idol

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
Fry said:
well the judges are always saying 'make the song your own' and its quite difficult to change the arrangement of a well-loved song around without it being blasted by the public. the contenders who sang the songs exactly how the Beatles sang it took the safe option while Ricki-Lee took a huge risk and unfortunately she had to pay the price. :(
wrong week to make a song their own. its the beatles for fucks sake. surely they would've had more sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)