Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Yeah, and that makes him 'non-religious' because...?
It doesn't. It just made me suspect he was. Read my post properly, please.

As an atheist, I can tell you it is rare to encounter a person who is both deeply religious and also mindful of those who are not.

Also, I recall Turnbull saying something about having very different views to Howard on many things. I suspected he was referring to social views; that he was a Libertarian (and Libertarians are often atheists).

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Youre a total joke and I will never entertain your posts again (except to embarrasss you)

Scissors

HSC
Iron said:
Youre a total joke and I will never entertain your posts again
haha that seems to be ur trademark post now.

you've now said that to:

sam04u
trefoil
lentern

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
Iron said:
Youre a total joke and I will never entertain your posts again (except to embarrasss you)
Well it's not like your posts are insightful or interesting, so no loss there.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
It looks like Labour and Liberal in Tasmania might well end up forming a grand coalition, since it's likely neither will win majority government next election - the Greens are currently polling at 23% (they got 16.6% in the last election).

Yeah, make the Greens the opposition party and piss off a bunch of Labour and Liberal supporters in the process. I can't think of a better way to make the Greens more powerful. Haha.

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC
Sounds pretty good, wish we had numbers something like that for the greens in NSW.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Trefoil said:
It looks like Labour and Liberal in Tasmania might well end up forming a grand coalition, since it's likely neither will win majority government next election - the Greens are currently polling at 23% (they got 16.6% in the last election).

Yeah, make the Greens the opposition party and piss off a bunch of Labour and Liberal supporters in the process. I can't think of a better way to make the Greens more powerful. Haha.

Mmmmm I can taste conservative communist.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
Radical leftists scare me.
Um... cool?

I hope you're not implying that the Greens or Greens supporters are radical leftists, though. That's about as true as Liberal and Liberal supporters being facists.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The religious right concerns me.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
JaredR said:
The Greens I've come across are quite left. :|
I doubt that radicals make up 12% of the population of Australia, or 23% of the population of Tasmania. And the more people who vote Greens, the less radical they become. :)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Enteebee said:
Sounds pretty good, wish we had numbers something like that for the greens in NSW.
Greens will get a few seats in 2011 (Verity Firth is gone this minute in Balmain), Carmel Tebbutt is probably gone is Marickville... There are other seats too...

They probably will poll 15-20% only that they won't win many seats.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Trefoil said:
Well it's not like your posts are insightful or interesting, so no loss there.
We cant all devote our lives to wiki, comrade

Lentern

HSC
Iron said:
He exists!
But he's not trusted. Being a loner is probably a fatal flaw for a PM.
Don Watson was trusted. He would whip something up for Keats, shove it in his jacked, pat him on the bum, and the big man would only read it once at the podium.
Well sometimes.
That may be true, but it is equally true Keating only won the one election and Hewson was hardly formidable. Keating never won an election from opposition, if he did he might have suffered a rather Lathamesque result.

Where am I going with this you may ask? An inability to produce oratory is not a fatal flaw, it's quite the opposite. It severs connections you build with the audience if the phraseology seems too polished. Rudd's style ain't ideal, but it's personal and reflective without seeming like a bumpkin. There is a reason why polling has him as the most liked man in Australia's history.

Finally please nobody mistake my praising his political ability for an actual liking for the man.

spiny norman

HSC
Trefoil said:
I hope you're not implying that the Greens or Greens supporters are radical leftists, though. That's about as true as Liberal and Liberal supporters being facists.
...But the Greens aren't radical leftists?

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Lentern said:
That may be true, but it is equally true Keating only won the one election and Hewson was hardly formidable. Keating never won an election from opposition, if he did he might have suffered a rather Lathamesque result.

Where am I going with this you may ask? An inability to produce oratory is not a fatal flaw, it's quite the opposite. It severs connections you build with the audience if the phraseology seems too polished. Rudd's style ain't ideal, but it's personal and reflective without seeming like a bumpkin. There is a reason why polling has him as the most liked man in Australia's history.

Finally please nobody mistake my praising his political ability for an actual liking for the man.
Because he plays populist politics?

I agree with Hawke, he needs a speech writer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)