Australian Politics (1 Viewer)

Lentern

HSC
Re: What do you think of Kevin Rudd as PM of AUST?

He doesn't look like much of a prime minister, very namby pamby looking, but Howard hardly looked like JFK . Now Stephen Smtih, there is a man who looks like a leader, and his hair mops the floor with Kevin's.

Last edited:
HSC

Lol, his still more good looking then Jonny Howard. Maybe thats why he got elected.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Though driven by a deep and sincere faith, I think that he is also harrassed by the demons of vanity. If his better angels heroically win this personal conflict, I think that he will go on to rank as one of our best PMs

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A

i sense that he is more harrased by the lobby groups :D

spiny norman

HSC

He's okay. A little boring, and sometimes incredibly frustrating (his rhetoric far exceeds his policy), but he'll do, until Gillard takes over someday hopefully.

Of those most immediately preceding him: better than Howard, not as good as Keating, probably not as good as Hawke, but we'll see in time, I suppose.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
QLD state Newspoll: 53-47 2PP

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/files/newspoll-q-24feb.pdf

Conducted over the past 2 months so does not take into account the deteriorated budget position. The LNP can win if their campaign is executed well. Labor are the favourites at this stage though. If they do win Bligh will be the first female premier in Australia to win an election.

bella-mia

HSC

i really like the fact that he is giving out money, but if he is going to hand out money, he could put it to better use. there are so many other project that he could start/finish/better than just handing out money. creating more jobs for people would hold off a recession better than just money handouts. :evilfire:

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
QLD state Newspoll: 53-47 2PP

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/files/newspoll-q-24feb.pdf

Conducted over the past 2 months so does not take into account the deteriorated budget position. The LNP can win if their campaign is executed well. Labor are the favourites at this stage though. If they do win Bligh will be the first female premier in Australia to win an election.
I think the jury is still out on Springborg. Bligh to win, but with a reduced majority.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC

It's hard to judge Rudd because sifting through his rhetoric vs policy is a difficult process. Considering he seems content to govern without doing anything too controversial, he will be remembered neither fondly or harshly.

Lentern

HSC
At least someone is.
What do you talking about everyone likes Smitty, He's the sleek looking bloke who nobody knows much about but what they have heard he sounds very fair dinkum, also seems to have a slight cheek to him when he's not dealing with a sombre topic. He's the kind of bloke the ALP wants to be on all five stations on election night. Smith must surely be an eagle amongst roosters.

Lentern

HSC

He's okay. A little boring, and sometimes incredibly frustrating (his rhetoric far exceeds his policy), but he'll do, until Gillard takes over someday hopefully.
Why are we hopeful of that exactly? She's hardly next in line to the throne either, she's the alternative/rival, not the 2nd choice of the majority. The Roosters dominate the Lemmings I'm afraid. Crean and Fitz are part of the Gillard camp, One suspects Swanny might have spent all his political capital in his first year as treasurer, so I guess that really leaves... why ofcourse Stephen Smith!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)