Bachelor of Arts with Dip Ed. instead of Bachelor of Science with Dip Ed. (1 Viewer)

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
I accidentally put in the wrong course for my preferences. I put in Bachelor of Arts with Dip Ed instead of Bachelor of Science with Dip Ed. I stupidly realised it after 12.00 midnight and I have missed out Final round.

Now I am stuck as they only subject I have interest in teaching within the Art Faculty is Ancient History. I originally wanted to teach Biology and Mathematics in Bachelor of Science with Dip Ed.

What should i do now? Can I apply for mid-year transfer? Please help. TIA

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I accidentally put in the wrong course for my preferences. I put in Bachelor of Arts with Dip Ed instead of Bachelor of Science with Dip Ed. I stupidly realised it after 12.00 midnight and I have missed out Final round.

Now I am stuck as they only subject I have interest in teaching within the Art Faculty is Ancient History. I originally wanted to teach Biology and Mathematics in Bachelor of Science with Dip Ed.

What should i do now? Can I apply for mid-year transfer? Please help. TIA
Hmm, I was sure you could transfer automatically into a BSciDipEd from an equivalent BADipEd but this table http://www.studentadmin.mq.edu.au/docs/courseTransferTable2.pdf appears to not have it. What you might need to do is contact student admin and see if they've simply left off that transfer allotment, but there isn't anything stopping you from doing Science subjects in an Arts degree (in fact you can major in Science).

So when you're filling out your timetable, simple follow the Science cores/subjects and then transfer mid-year or end of the year whenever they allow for you to :)

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
@ Asylum. Thanks for the advice! I will call up Macq uni on Monday.

Do you think i could still major in biology? I would like to major in biology but I couldn't find it on the course major list:

"Students undertaking this course can choose from the following Bachelor of Arts majors:

Ancient History - Egypt and Near East
Ancient History - Greece, Rome and Late Antiquity
Anthropology
Applied Econometrics
Business Information Systems
Chinese Studies
Commercial Law
Contemporary Music
Creative Arts
Croatian Studies
Cultural Studies
Dance
Decision Science
Demographics
Development Studies and Culture Change
Early Childhood
Economics
Education
English
Environmental Management
French Studies
Gender Studies
Geography
German Studies
Human Geography
Human Resources
Indigenous Studies
Interactivity and Games
International Business
International Communication
Italian Studies
Japanese Studies
Linguistics
Marketing
Mathematics
Media, Culture and Communication
Modern Greek Studies
Modern History
Museum Studies
Philosophy
Polish Studies
Politics and International Relations
Psychological Science
Public Sector Management
Russian Studies
Sociology
Software Technology
Spanish and Latin American Studies
Statistics
Writing"

source: http://www.courses.mq.edu.au/underg...chelor-of-arts-with-the-diploma-of-education/

Does this mean biology is out of the picture?

Last edited:

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
When you're talking to your academic advisor, tell them of your intention to transfer and the reason you've chosen the Biology path (check out the BSciDipEd major rather than the arts one). In all honesty, you don't need to really worry about your major at this stage, its only really calculated at the end of your degree anyway. I've known people who've done the units to satisfy a completely different major/degree and transfer in their last semester and graduate with that degree. :)

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
^ Thank you for your advise! The academic advisor told me i could major in both Ancient and Biology but I will have to do an extra year of study. I will see how i go with modern history first & if it really isn't my thing, then change my units to Biology. I have until 31st of March. Once again thanks for your advice AsyLum!

Dylanamali

HSC
whats the diff between a dip ed and a master of teaching?

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
The Dip. Ed. is an undergraduate course, the Masters is post graduate.

chomp

HSC
@pinkiipromise worst case scenario choose stat170, bio as a people planet unit or do both!

pinkiipromise

HSC
N/A
@chomp. I am currently doing bio as a people planet unit and, a modern history unit, an education unit and an ancient unit. I think I will see if I can change my modern unit to another bio unit. Thanks for your advice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)