Best option module to do ? (1 Viewer)

Mek9

HSC
So in our school's assessment task schedule it says that we will be doing the 'Medical Physics' option, however our teacher said we may be able to change it if enough of us want to. Which module is the best to do ? Shorter/easier preferably :)

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
I did Medical Physics and it wasn't hard (except for MRI, that was a little more difficult but still not so bad). I found it extremely boring though.

To decide what you want to do have a look at the syllabus or a text book and read through what you'd learn about, seeing what would interest you the most. Then coerce others in your class to want to do the same.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm personally more interesting in quanta to quarks but ive heard medical physics is easier so I think our class is doing that option.

clementc

Awesome Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I did Quanta to Quarks (the most popular option) - it was easy but boring as hell though; as with most HSC topics it's all basically rote learning, obsessing with advantages and disadvantages and a bit of useless history thrown in to fill you chock full of useless facts, so it feels like you're learning.
I've heard astrophysics has a bit more actual physics in it, but I'm not too sure though.

EinstenICEBERG

Einstein V2
HSC
ASTROPHYSICSSS THE WAY TO GO. LOOKING AT THE STARS AND u know whats the distance from here to the SUN WOW.

it involves some maths unlike other modules, and some theory thus fun.~!!!!!

quanta to quarks is looking into the subatomic particle but...THAT IS BORING . fk the atom.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Personally Age of Silicon appeals to me the most. However not many schools offer it...

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Personally Age of Silicon appeals to me the most. However not many schools offer it...
A lot of teachers have trouble teaching it and don't like it. Little sad really as it does seem relatively interesting.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'd recommend Medical Physics because that's the option I took. It was really easy to complete and I thought it was rather fascinating and appropriate (for me at least since I would be pursuing a career in health).

1981Grant

HSC
Um. I didn't do physics but my experience is that you should pick the option that is most commonly chosen as it will have the most accessible information generally. Also it doesn't really matter which one is easier/harder because they get moderated come hsc marking anyhow.

K

khorne

Ummm what? Obviously you do astro. It's the easiest shit in the world. Half of the course is defining terms, the other half is rote learning a list of improvements/ways to measure stuff.

bosresearch

HSC
Let me tell you a little secret from a band 6-er HSC Physics student: DO ASTROPHYSICS
For this option, you would quarantee the big 7-marker question as this question is standard stock every single year (either the evolution of stars or the technologies we use to observe celestial objects). At least 4 marks (in the worst scenario) would be dedicated to maths questions (using formuals that a year 10 studnet can use with ease). Another 4 marks (70% of the time) are dedicated to an experiment you have done before (which I believe is only 3 experiements). A further 4 marks is mostly awarded to spectra questions (unless spectra appears in the experiments question) and almost 3 marks to the H-R diagram (which is REALLY basic if you have learnt your content). This leaves you with 22 quaranteed marks (TRUST ME: the pattern is always the same every year).
Now if you r serious about ur HSC, then you would go and prepare detail-filled responses for the "big" dot points from astrophysics and memorise them for the exam, because (trust me again here), the 7-marker is definitly going to be one that you have already memorised.

Hope that helps

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Medical Physics is pretty fun and easy to learn
not hard, fascinating, a couple of formulas and a fair bit of general knowledge/stuff you already know

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Quanta to Quarks is somewhat interesting. Because it's a HSC module, it's obviously very limited in scope and the syllabus oversimplifies many concepts (Quantum mechanics isn't exactly "simple").

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Quanta to Quarks is somewhat interesting. Because it's a HSC module, it's obviously very limited in scope and the syllabus oversimplifies many concepts (Quantum mechanics isn't exactly "simple").
Totally.

Quantum Physics without mathematics is like Whoopi Goldberg without a shirt on, shit just ain't right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)