Best Year 12 Physics Textbooks (1 Viewer)

WinstonWithAY

HSC
Hi
In preparation for the HSC 2017 could anyone recommend me textbooks to study for to get the best result for physics
So far I'm considering:
Jacaranda HSC Physics
In2 Physics HSC

Are there any others any of you would recommend?

Regards
Winston

marxman

HSC
I have Jacaranda and Physics in Focus... I find Physics in Focus much clearer and up to date, with information much more concise and relevant to syllabus. Other than that I just used online resources e.g Dux College/KISS notes to understand concepts - at the end of the day the key to physics is not just understanding the content but also being able to clearly apply it in questions. The best way to do that is to really just do questions - often a lot of what I learn literally comes from sample answers/how my teacher would respond. But do whatever feels best and just make sure you aren't too reliant on looking at texts but actually applying what you learn in the texts.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
I used Physics in Focus as my main textbook and I liked it

leehuan

HSC
Physics in focus is amazing.

But I personally liked Jacaranda. Was really helpful in teaching me my option (astro) and for my assignment on semiconductors

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I like all three, In2Physics sometimes gave me a different perspective on things and clarified things for me, no textbook is perfect though, but I think physics in focus is probably the most well-rounded one because it is organised by dot points

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi
In preparation for the HSC 2017 could anyone recommend me textbooks to study for to get the best result for physics
So far I'm considering:
Jacaranda HSC Physics
In2 Physics HSC

Are there any others any of you would recommend?

Regards
Winston
IMO - PiF is good to begin with, but I don't think really extends enough on some dot points to give an 'extensive' understanding, sometimes not even a 'thorough' understanding.

I personally find In2Physics gives more complete understanding -- goes beyond the syllabus in some key areas, allowing the demonstration of 'extensive' knowledge and understanding.

leehuan

HSC
Flipping through In2 Physics it seems like a balance between PiF's conciseness and Jacaranda's comprehensiveness.

But this is the result of a 15 second flip so don't just rush to take my word for it...

I recognised the textbook cover though. My physics teacher rarely used it; instead frequently vouching for Jacaranda if he felt PiF was inadequate

taylor96

HSC
Anybody have good online resources? I can't really study with textbooks and I hate bringing them around with me. I've been using Learnable Education. Are there any other online resources similar that people know of?

ShoeMat

HSC
Uni Grad
Anybody have good online resources? I can't really study with textbooks and I hate bringing them around with me. I've been using Learnable Education. Are there any other online resources similar that people know of?
Does your school not provide textbooks in electronic form? Crashcourse Physics Youtube, KhanAcademy, HyperPhysics are all incredibly good online resources but they are best when studied with a textbook.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)