• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Better a Hundred Guilty People Go Free Than One Innocent Wrongly Convicted (1 Viewer)

theMoment

HSC
Better a Hundred Guilty People Go Free Than One Innocent Wrongly Convicted?

Your thoughts?

Lentern

HSC
disagree

the greater good
But for a few human beings are extraordinary beings who contribute no end of wonderful good to the world. To needlessly imprison one of them is a grave loss.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
greater good

100 guilty will do more damage than 1 innocent will do good

fyoun123

HSC
But for a few human beings are extraordinary beings who contribute no end of wonderful good to the world. To needlessly imprison one of them is a grave loss.
What happens if 95 of those people are serial killers and 5 are innocent. Would you let 95 serial killers back on the streets where they could kill another 5 innocent people? Think about that Nathan

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
What happens if 95 of those people are serial killers and 5 are innocent. Would you let 95 serial killers back on the streets where they could kill another 5 innocent people? Think about that Nathan
haha im only trolling. how could you actually believe that

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Better just to operate according to just principles and be right, according to the best evidence available at the time, all the time.

Presumption of innocence yo.

I don't think "Better a Hundred Guilty People Go Free Than One Innocent Wrongly Convicted" has any real, practical implications. It's simplistic and meaningless, not a useful thought to form any policy on.

Lentern

HSC
haha im only trolling. how could you actually believe that
Lol he doesn't think that or anything else for that matter rather they are just fishing for a reaction from me.

loller

Banned
HSC
N/A
take your homo erotic ego stroking wankfest somewhere else guys

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
I disagree with this statement, however this is the exact reason i think there should be no death penalty anywhere in the world (or one of them anyway) that there are people wrongly convicted

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)