Bible verses often ignored by Christians (1 Viewer)

yy

HSC
N/A
i don't know if it's the right category to put in. but here it is:

Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. (Letivicus 19:19)

Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales. But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales—whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water—you are to detest. And since you are to detest them, you must not eat their meat and you must detest their carcasses. Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be detestable to you. (Letivicus 11:9-12)

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid. (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. (Exodus 35:2)

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. (1 Timothy 2:11-12)

And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. (Revelation 14:3)

If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)

Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. (Deuteronomy 19:21)

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

The LORD said to Moses, "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. (Leviticus 21:16-20)

While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses. (Numbers 15:32-36)

yy

HSC
N/A
no, why?
in case you're asking me why i don't criticise other religious texts, it's because i haven't read them.

Salima

HSC
yy said:
women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church. (1 Corinthians 14:34-35)

For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death. (Exodus 35:2)

A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent. (1 Timothy 2:11-12)

If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)
And they say women are oppressed in Islam! HA! THTA"S RICH! ANd what's this about killing people if they work on sunday? I never knew that part!

Even women in islam have more rights! Wow! I knew christian women were opppressed but not that much. To be silent is crap. You're supposed to ask religious teachers questions, expecially in a mosque, that is the best place ot seek knowledge, becuase all the information should be there with you, hte books and the religious imam, teacher, knowledgable one.

And a woman in islam can teach her husband, she should, if he does something wrong, or doesn't know a thing, you correct him adn tell him what he does not know.

Salima

HSC
SashatheMan said:
are you muslim?
why does that matter. You do not have ot be muslim to criticise a religiour text, especially the bible. Muslims just don't go round doing that if you happen to notice. You criticise the qur'an, and i don't accuss you of being christian.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Salima said:
And they say women are oppressed in Islam! HA! THTA"S RICH! ANd what's this about killing people if they work on sunday? I never knew that part!

Even women in islam have more rights! Wow! I knew christian women were opppressed but not that much. To be silent is crap. You're supposed to ask religious teachers questions, expecially in a mosque, that is the best place ot seek knowledge, becuase all the information should be there with you, hte books and the religious imam, teacher, knowledgable one.

And a woman in islam can teach her husband, she should, if he does something wrong, or doesn't know a thing, you correct him adn tell him what he does not know.
what country donimated by both religions give women more rights? lets compare iran and america. Hmm. yes women are more oppressed where?

X

xeuyrawp

Can people please get over the OT?

The Ten Commandments are the most important set of rules in the OT, yet Christians ignore them.

Simply put, Christianity = NT.
Judaism = OT.

Jews, if you didn't notice, follow the OT, because it's their law. The NT is supposed to be Christian law.

Salima

HSC
The religion of a country doesn't necessarily notate such a thing If so would america be so greedy? would hte ignore thier poor so? would the ebating of wives be a supressed thing? if sso, would australia a prodominately christian country have to have "beating uop on a woman is a bad thing" ads?

Salima

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Can people please get over the OT?

The Ten Commandments are the most important set of rules in the OT, yet Christians ignore them.

Simply put, Christianity = NT.
Judaism = OT.

Jews, if you didn't notice, follow the OT, because it's their law. The NT is supposed to be Christian law.
Both apply to christians, hence the bible having both!

crazyhomo

under pressure
HSC
yy said:
no, why?
in case you're asking me why i don't criticise other religious texts, it's because i haven't read them.
you read through the bible and picked out these verses?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
crazyhomo said:
Who doesnt?
Me and the team at Bible Club have been though it many a time.
The Church has the official say on things.

:)

yy

HSC
N/A
crazyhomo said:
pretty much. i've read most of the new testament and some of the old testament.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
for any christian yuo can try to use the old line that muslims like to use" yuo dont understand the context so you wouldnt know"

gerhard

HSC
i dont get why christians and muslims want to argue over which religion gives women the most rights. both religions are simply groups of nutters and if it wasnt for athiests/humanists/secularists, women in the west would still be as opressed as the bible/koran wants them to be.

Pierotte

HSC
i have to say revelations 14:3 is my fave

jehovas witnesses base thier religion on that verse right?

way to make christianity fun. Lets make it a competition! WOOT

my beleif is stronger than urs! Now open up ur arms for ME god, mememe!

gah. all religion when taken literally sux.

keithmoon

Like a virgin.
HSC
yy said:
i don't know if it's the right category to put in. but here it is:

Keep my decrees. Do not mate different kinds of animals. Do not plant your field with two kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material. (Letivicus 19:19)

Of all the creatures living in the water of the seas and the streams, you may eat any that have fins and scales. But all creatures in the seas or streams that do not have fins and scales—whether among all the swarming things or among all the other living creatures in the water—you are to detest. And since you are to detest them, you must not eat their meat and you must detest their carcasses. Anything living in the water that does not have fins and scales is to be detestable to you. (Letivicus 11:9-12)

If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who does not obey his father and mother and will not listen to them when they discipline him, his father and mother shall take hold of him and bring him to the elders at the gate of his town. They shall say to the elders, "This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a profligate and a drunkard." Then all the men of his town shall stone him to death. You must purge the evil from among you. All Israel will hear of it and be afraid. (Deuteronomy 21:18-21)

And they sang a new song before the throne and before the four living creatures and the elders. No one could learn the song except the 144,000 who had been redeemed from the earth. (Revelation 14:3)

Show no pity: life for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot. (Deuteronomy 19:21)

If a man beats his male or female slave with a rod and the slave dies as a direct result, he must be punished, but he is not to be punished if the slave gets up after a day or two, since the slave is his property. (Exodus 21:20-21)

The LORD said to Moses, "Say to Aaron: 'For the generations to come none of your descendants who has a defect may come near to offer the food of his God. No man who has any defect may come near: no man who is blind or lame, disfigured or deformed; 19 no man with a crippled foot or hand, or who is hunchbacked or dwarfed, or who has any eye defect, or who has festering or running sores or damaged testicles. (Leviticus 21:16-20)

While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp." So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses. (Numbers 15:32-36)
This is exactly why Christianity is bullshit.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
gerhard said:
i dont get why christians and muslims want to argue over which religion gives women the most rights. both religions are simply groups of nutters and if it wasnt for athiests/humanists/secularists, women in the west would still be as opressed as the bible/koran wants them to be.
real talk.

yy

HSC
N/A
Pierotte said:
gah. all religion when taken literally sux.
but if you take some verses non-literally, when does it stop? maybe the whole bible should not be taken literally and there isn't actually a hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)