• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

BIG NAMES in 05 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trev

stix
HSC
FinalFantasy said:
lol, not a combo, but i call Slide Rule "Captain Slide" on msn.

but captain pi in my opinion is also very high level.
I remember to this day in year 10 I beat captain_pi in the mathematics competition haha. Although that isn't vindicative of how you would go in HSC, I still remember :p haha, i'm so lame.

Trev

stix
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Except that, from what I can gather, he's not repeating either MX1 or MX2.
He isn't. I'm glad also, because then he would be in my class and competition I would not be able to beat! :p
He is still doing 10 or 11 units although he has already done 4 that would definately count. You are seriously crazy Hugh!

Last edited:

sephora

HSC
My guess...

I'd put some money on Josie Pang at Ascham she won some extremely prestigious Uni of Sydney award. Maybe not first but she will definitely do well

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Trev said:
I remember to this day in year 10 I beat captain_pi in the mathematics competition haha. Although that isn't vindicative of how you would go in HSC, I still remember :p haha, i'm so lame.
lol.
Was this a Distinction/High Distinction situation or did it come down to marks?

FinalFantasy

HSC
hahaha, didn't know captain pi isn't doing 4u again:p
btw that Will Hunting guy looks quite high lvl as well!

Trev

stix
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
lol.
Was this a Distinction/High Distinction situation or did it come down to marks?
Haha, no way - i've only got a HD in primary school :(
I got Distiction, he got a Credit! *shocked smiley* (there isn't one to represent the shock haha).

Stan..

HSC
FinalFantasy said:
lol, not a combo, but i call Slide Rule "Captain Slide" on msn.

but captain pi in my opinion is also very high level.
Sounds kinky.

FinalFantasy

HSC
lol, don't get wrong ideas, i call Slide Rule "Captain Slide" cuz he said something about Captain first and i thought it was funny so i started calling him dat.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
sephora said:
I'd put some money on Josie Pang at Ascham she won some extremely prestigious Uni of Sydney award. Maybe not first but she will definitely do well
didnt she do really well in the UNSW maths comp? I think i saw her name on the merit list thingo, however its been ages...

Captain pi

HSC
I don't want to diminish the scope of BOS, but I don't think the entire Mathematics Extension 2 candidature visit and post on this site. Essentially, just because someone is the best on the forums doesn't imply they'll do well in the HSC.

I am no where near as hot as I was a week up to the exams, last year, and I only got 93. :(

My predictions?

Maybe Matt Libling (SGS), Chris Leong (JRAHS), Brian Leung (SGS).

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
bryan from my school has topped every maths test since year 8 and normo is actually alright at maths. but i hear all these psycho names which makes me wonder how bad im going to do myself.

Trev

stix
HSC
Captain pi said:
I don't want to diminish the scope of BOS, but I don't think the entire Mathematics Extension 2 candidature visit and post on this site. Essentially, just because someone is the best on the forums doesn't imply they'll do well in the HSC.

I am no where near as hot as I was a week up to the exams, last year, and I only got 93. :(

My predictions?

Maybe Matt Libling (SGS), Chris Leong (JRAHS), Brian Leung (SGS).
How do you know about those people?....Just curious!

Estel

Tutor
HSC
If I can take what Graham White (who incidentally, would be a big gun) said seriously, then Chris doesn't have a hope of coming 1st.
Brian, perhaps.

There are plenty of big names, contrary to what somebody said above. They haven't had a chance to shine given that this year is their turn at the olympiads.
Nevertheless, "randoms" usually top it (if you're going to call someone like keypad a random, which he is and he isn't) given that "non-randoms" are a bunch of names lynched off the AMT olympiad result web site, and "non-randoms" encompass everyone else. If you established a list of 50 students in the state with any semblance of mathematical talent, I feel you'd have the top 10 in there :p

And to the person who flattered me earlier: why thankyou :D
I would slot myself in the third-tier, however. Didn't even make the recent Aus comp... that's below 100 =/

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
correct me if im wrong but what u said sounds contradictory. You said "If you established a list of 50 students in the state with any semblance of mathematical talent, I feel you'd have the top 10 in there"

Then u said "I would slot myself in the third-tier, however. Didn't even make the recent Aus comp... that's below 100 =/"

So you can you be third?

I reckon, it could be Vinh, possibly Frank, or Chen. But then again i dont know that many potential candidates.

Last edited:

SeDaTeD

HSC
Wow, the 4unit topping cycle continues again. Scary how competitive it is.

Estel

Tutor
HSC
velox: try looking up what tier means in the dictionary
while you're at it, put foot into mouth.

Need I say more, though; this is a stupid and pointless discussion.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Which accelerants were listed for 2u and/or 3u last year that are completing 4u this year, apart from the guy from my school?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)