BIOS1201 - How did you Study?! (1 Viewer)

G

Gavvvvvin

so if i failed chem1031 this semster, i have to do it again next semester?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I guess so. Then you can join us poor jerks who get to do chemistry during the summer.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
I guess so. Then you can join us poor jerks who get to do chemistry during the summer.
shit that fucking chem exam
haha i guess if you do all your tutes, then i presume you should pass comfortably, since some tute questions end up exactly on the exam paper
oh well im hoping for a pass
there goes the idea of a transfer for the time being

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
So you wanted a transfer too eh? I want a transfer to USyd, but only because that's where I always wanted to go, not because I don't like UNSW. I love UNSW, I, as the editor of Blitz said, "have developed a deep affection for this uni".

Anyway, I found some interesting stuff on that stats page of the bio quiz. I got a shatty mark of 53.85% of the multiple choice questions right, before I started studying. I thought that was quite bad. According to the statistics page, the current average percentage for the 26 bio questions is 42.83%. I don't feel too bad now.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I'm trying to find out where I got it from just now, I can't get back to the page. I'll edit this post once I've found it.

Edit: Took me a few minutes it did...

1. BIOS1201
2. Up the top, there should be a tab that says "More Tools". Click, and select view submissions
3. View Statistics
4. Select Trial Exam Part A

It's pretty straight foward from then on in.

Last edited:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
I do most of my study in the hours between 11pm-1am, sitting in front of the heater with Leno and O'Brien on TV, it works so well.

Alas, it's on today, and I must leave in another 43 minutes.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Indeed. I wouldn't say I cruised through it, nor would I say I found it particular easy perse', but it was a lot better then I thought it would be. I was expecting an essay question to outline the exact steps in cellular respiration, but instead it only got a "summarise" question. All is well.

G

Gavvvvvin

yeah test wasnt too hard considering the amount of study i put in *coughnonecough*

wtf was that diagram we had to complete on the written responses? was that supposed to be a protein or soemthing?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Lol, that was the one that caught me out too. I'm not sure whether it was meant to be an active transport thing (you know, where the Na+ helps the sugar through, which cannot go through without the ion), or a sucrose transporter thing where the H+ helps it through as well. I did the former, but I'm not confident about it.

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
haha what was that diagram man? The multiple choice were reasonably easy, I did the online one like three times, and I found some of the questions were repeated. I'm not too worried but, according to the marks I've gotten in labs as long as they're not scaled (which someone asked on webct and margret said they weren't) I'm at 48.8/50 so I don't need to go great to get a pretty good mark. I'm just happy it's over, I was so worried this morning, being my first uni test. I had no idea if I was gonna have to leave my phone and stuff outside, but it all worked out :)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Lol Yeah I was just totally caught up on that question, the structure looked so foreign to me.

>< The multiple choice section seemed ok, but I'm not willing to place my bets on it.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Maybe the diagram is talking about uniport, symport etc and that type of thing. They always ask that in exams.

thegangmaster

HSC
Survivor39 said:
Maybe the diagram is talking about uniport, symport etc and that type of thing. They always ask that in exams.
ir would have helped if u told us this before the exam...

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
^^ But then again it has been a while since survivor took the bios1201 exam, so things could have changed. But thanks anyway dude!

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
If it was a symport, then I would have got that particular question correct...apart from the name of it. I put an ion co-transporter or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)