Blizzard's New Game (1 Viewer)

Evergreen

HSC
3:07 - Showing gameplay footage - Looks like protoss ships - floating over asteroid/ base structure - entering protoss ase - similar looking buildings - vespene gas still in the game - character pane shows up on right side - some protoss guy - shifts to terran bases floating on rockets over same type of territory - sill collecting crystals as resources - marines load out. Dustin is actually playing the game - nothing in the game is final.

FUCK I WANNA SEE HOW THE GAME LOOKS LIKE.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
"Starcraft 2 officially announced"

and man kind enters a new age...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Sigh, exactly what the game market needs right now, another RTS.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Peter "Legionnaire" Neate is Australia's StarCraft champion, having won the bronze medal in the 2005 World Cyber Games. For Neate, it is the highly competitive nature of StarCraft that attracted him to the game.
Ive played with legionnaire back in the day :D then he moved to korea to be a pro gamer.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
"2 min 46 sec - Oct 10, 2005 "

Its quite possible.

Evergreen

HSC
All these new units (probably around 10) plus a brand new race! This + balance will make a good game. Awesome!

Evergreen

HSC
http://tvpot.daum.net/theme/ThemeView.do?themeid=122&lu=m_mono_1

ingame footage video. i reckon it still has that fast pace.lets just hope the designer doesnt make this C&C 3000 since he was designer of C&C3.

Damn that was good. Everyone should watch every bit of the video. Amazing visuals and such and now balancing and adding the progaming feel is up to the beta to test out at end of this year. Too bad I have my fucking HSC next year.

Last edited:

Dave2007

HSC
I don't like the new in-game graphical style.

SC was distinguished because it had "sharp" lines, it was cool, the backgrounds and units were really gritty and battle-worn.

This is the very soft-lines, cartoony WC3/Generals style artwork. And it worked for warcraft - which is a FANTASY game.

But sci-fi games are about that gritty, hard, war-filled future.

ANYWAY

Has there been official announcements (besides video and screenshots and announcing the game) on things such as storyline, races, game title, release date, etc...?

Evergreen

HSC
this game looks like sci-fi feeling to me...

the important bit is whether or not this game will play like starcraft. Blizzard confirmed that this is the case. Units will respond instantly, are fast as in starcraft and the graphics look like it wont go beyond those of C&C.

Also I think there are no sharp lines and such because of better graphics (anti-aliasing). The only thing I would worry about is AI pathfinding. If this is like Company of heroes it will be shit as hell. There are a few big units in SC2 but i doubt they would release the game with these problems.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
pathfinding... are you joking? pathfinding hasnt been a problem in any game since like 2000. Either this is going to be completely fucked, or its going to be good. Nobody cares about the storyline because this game will be made or ruined on the multiplayer. So far it looks like it might work because lots of stuff from the original are there, but we will see.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
yeeess starcraft 2

Been wanting some closure on the Starcraft story, Raynor has one eyebrow

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Evergreen said:
this game looks like sci-fi feeling to me...
Wtf. You HAVE to be a troll.

If this is like Company of heroes it will be shit as hell.
Again wtf?! CoH was one of the best new RTS to come out.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
doesnt seem like theres any word on a new race, i think that was just a rumor.

i think its better just having 3 real races instead of adding a half baked race of mixed units that probably doesnt add much depth.

is a roflcopter
HSC
perhaps they are saving xelnaga for an expansion
either way
THIS IS THE SHIT
i can feel the koreans going nuts already

Evergreen

HSC
I hope this game doesnt have issues where the units are too big and they are just blocked and dont figure out a way to go around them. seriously, this has been a problem in CoH, Dawn of War and heaps of other games. Dunno if they are fixed now but it was very annoying. Also the mothership looks like its gonna be removed after beta. It fire multiple weapons at a time, which means its a bit "random" unless you can control where its weapons target.

Also how doesnt this game have a sci-fi feeling? You must be a troll yourself not that im admiting i am one.

Chris.

HSC
the gameplay looks heaps good.
im not liking the idea of the mothership....but anyway....
zealots look mad..

HSC
Evergreen said:
I hope this game doesnt have issues where the units are too big and they are just blocked and dont figure out a way to go around them. seriously, this has been a problem in CoH, Dawn of War and heaps of other games. Dunno if they are fixed now but it was very annoying. Also the mothership looks like its gonna be removed after beta. It fire multiple weapons at a time, which means its a bit "random" unless you can control where its weapons target.

Also how doesnt this game have a sci-fi feeling? You must be a troll yourself not that im admiting i am one.
Unless you're building a metric fuckload of tanks and trying to arrange them in parking lot style, I've really got no idea what you're talking about either. The last game I recall with pathfinding that was utter balls was Dark Reign 2.

Sure, some games get a bit fiddly if you *do* try to do what I've described above, but then, why wouldn't they?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)