Blizzard's New Game (1 Viewer)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
doesnt seem like theres any word on a new race, i think that was just a rumor.

i think its better just having 3 real races instead of adding a half baked race of mixed units that probably doesnt add much depth.
Yeah probably the only real disappointment thusfar, no hybrid/xel-naga ...

That said they need something for an expansion right? :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
bshoc said:
Yeah probably the only real disappointment thusfar, no hybrid/xel-naga ...

That said they need something for an expansion right? :)
Broodwar didnt have an extra race.

Neither did War3:TFT (naga/blood elf/dranei don't count since you could only play with them in the campaign)

bshoc

HSC
N/A
jumb said:
Broodwar didnt have an extra race.

Neither did War3:TFT (naga/blood elf/dranei don't count since you could only play with them in the campaign)
Yeah I know, but think about it, they've already adding so many units in SCII, plus they're keeping all the original units, it would be hard to imagine up new units in an additional expansion, or for that matter prevent complete bloating of each race, a new race would be much easier.

Plus the current lead designer is the same guy who did RA2, and the RA2 expansion got a new race ...

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i picture the zerglings to be more like the skulk from Natural Selection:

they seem more like giant hopping locusts now D:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i picture the zerglings to be more like the skulk from Natural Selection:

they seem more like giant hopping locusts now D:
Fuck I loved that game. I was so fucking pro, too. As soon as we hit the 2nd hive, BAM, I get a fade and jump to the top of the kill list.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
jumb said:
Fuck I loved that game. I was so fucking pro, too. As soon as we hit the 2nd hive, BAM, I get a fade and jump to the top of the kill list.
"fade whore! ffs temp!"

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
temp?

I remember the walls of lame back in the day. They were a fkn lol. A whole corridor stacked with offensive/defensive towers pyramid.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
i still remember one great 2 hour game which was pretty much a massive stalemate. there was one knob on our team (the high pitched voice, mic spamming 10 year old) who whored res and didnt have a clue what he was doing. we kept telling him to put up the hive and some chambers to actually help the team.

after alot of inverbal whinging he onosed, with about 3 of us as gorges around him. we spammed OCs all over his egg and trapped him there once it hatched. 5 minutes later a train of HA+HMG marched down the corridors and blew him away.

the most ROFLest moment ever. the "oh my god you guys are stupid!" that ensued made it all worth it.

and would you believe i had to take a 15 minute break that round and came back to AGAIN find him as an onos with a wall of towers trapping him in. so much lols.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
DeathB4Life said:
i picture the zerglings to be more like the skulk from Natural Selection
hahaha ns was a top game, I was so 1337 and annoying as lerk ..

but na, zerglings are way more pro

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
DeathB4Life said:
i still remember one great 2 hour game which was pretty much a massive stalemate. there was one knob on our team (the high pitched voice, mic spamming 10 year old) who whored res and didnt have a clue what he was doing. we kept telling him to put up the hive and some chambers to actually help the team.

after alot of inverbal whinging he onosed, with about 3 of us as gorges around him. we spammed OCs all over his egg and trapped him there once it hatched. 5 minutes later a train of HA+HMG marched down the corridors and blew him away.

the most ROFLest moment ever. the "oh my god you guys are stupid!" that ensued made it all worth it.

and would you believe i had to take a 15 minute break that round and came back to AGAIN find him as an onos with a wall of towers trapping him in. so much lols.
AHAHAHAHA. That's the internet for you though.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Yeah, this one game we were marines and they smashed out base,i think the map was called nothing, anyways we did a runner and had this whole the great escape thing going on with us all in a line escaping through the vents, and every1 kept singing the great escape tune lol. Eventually we made it to this middle open vent section where our comm and dropped a chair, finished building it, dropped an infantry portal but then we got owned :*(

That was so funny, half the people in it demoed it and it got around the gamearena forums, even now i can jump on that gamearena server and type in "great escape" and atleast one person will know what iam talking about.

Just a problem with sc2 though, do the graphics look a bit blocky and cartoony and not sci-fi enough? part of looking sci-fi is heaps and heaps of detail on buildings and units, even if its just meaningless random lines or scorch marks or whatever. Even in that screenshot the marines looked too blocky, and what i assume is the barracks is a huge chunk of blue. Looks very warcraft3.

HSC
Serius said:
Just a problem with sc2 though, do the graphics look a bit blocky and cartoony and not sci-fi enough?
Yeah, I'm having a hard time distinguishing it from medieval fantasy. It looks heaps like battle for middle-earth imo!

On a serious note though, I don't quite get the fuss over that. It certainly looks faithful to the original, and that seems more important to conforming to whatever expectations people have of a "scifi" feel. Did people (not just you) think that the original was not "scifi" looking enough, are there huge discrepancies that I'm missing, or what?

Regarding it looking blocky, perhaps a bit. But it's hard to gauge that kind of thing from screenshots. I remember thinking F.E.A.R. screenshots were ugly (and quite blocky), but in motion it all works and looks incredible. From the low-res gameplay clips kicking around, in motion it looks a-ok to me on the go, but it's hard to judge too much until there's video of a similar quality to what you'll be seeing when you play.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)