BOS has no idea... (1 Viewer)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I think both papers were pretty fair. Module B required a little thought to adapt, but other than that, I guess everything was expected at that level.

enoilgam

HSC
English needs to be cut. It's the most pointless, irrelavent, and stressful subject. I see more use in Visual Arts than English. Absolute BS. Today's Hamlet question was like a 1970's one. It's nearlon impossible not to memorise an essay. To be able to write a good length, detailed essay with the question well answered - 40 mins is just not enough. I know they can't do anything, and i appreciate that, but it's not fair. Nothing is ever good enough in English, and they wonder why.

Sorry man it wasn't a dig in replying to your comment.
I couldnt agree more. English is a useless subject. My point is if they want to make it compulsory (which it shouldnt be), they should teach grammar and writing skills, not this BS they teach now.

lucyc19

HSC
How can you know what the cut-off was?
I didn't like paper 1 because we did Great Expectations and the reading task questions could have been harded.

Paper 2, well, I LOVED IT. You can't complain about module A - it was so generic. Module B was fine if you'd studied all of the content.
Module C always has a funnily-worded question and you just need to be imaginative in making your ideas fit or thinking of new ones.

It's not meant to be a walk in the park!

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I couldnt agree more. English is a useless subject. My point is if they want to make it compulsory (which it shouldnt be), they should teach grammar and writing skills, not this BS they teach now.
Lol so true, similar to basic skills back in the day. Seriously I've learnt more useful ways to write reports, memos, reports, business letters and personal letters in VET I.T that will actually help me in life for numerous things such as applying for jobs and handling communication in a business. Whereas English does none of this.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
How can you know what the cut-off was?
I didn't like paper 1 because we did Great Expectations and the reading task questions could have been harded.

Paper 2, well, I LOVED IT. You can't complain about module A - it was so generic. Module B was fine if you'd studied all of the content.
Module C always has a funnily-worded question and you just need to be imaginative in making your ideas fit or thinking of new ones.

It's not meant to be a walk in the park!

lol I predicted that the belonging question was going to be based on shared experiences lol. Still fairly easy to adapt since I made my generic essay cover every aspect of belonging. What's the theme for the next 3 years? "Knowing" I think?

katoji

HSC
They do, don't they? When I was in year 8 or something they made 'literacy' a compulsory subject, which taught just that

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Easy paper/question, people complain others can go in with prepared responses.
Normal paper/question, people complain it's not challenging enough.
Bitch paper/question, people complain it fucks people over because they aren't prepared.

bos: /rq

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Bitch paper/question, people complain it fucks people over because they aren't prepared.

+1
You guys will find anything at all to complain about.

HSC

In all honesty, *any* prepared response for Skrzynecki, BR + F and The Fiftieth Gate you could have written near word-for-word without an iota of worry

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
In all honesty, *any* prepared response for Skrzynecki, BR + F and The Fiftieth Gate you could have written near word-for-word without an iota of worry
But those people HAD to do Hamlet, which was shit. So, iunno.
I'm fairly happy with the standard paper. ;)

katoji

HSC
But those people HAD to do Hamlet, which was shit. So, iunno.
I'm fairly happy with the standard paper. ;)
I reckon it was worth it lol. I hate poems with a passion. I reckon Hamlet was the best choice.

VicariousLife

HSC
Haha, yeh we did get lucky :p
If you did As you like it for belonging- the AOS q was like <33333333
You had to have really specifically studied place though, because I found it easy to talk about place 'facilitating a sense of belonging' as in Duke senior/The Forest of Arden, but i hadn't specifically studied how it 'hindered one's sense' so i was a bit fucked. I just wrote about the social demands of court life and how they reflected Olivers mistreatment of Orlando, thus left him feeling Ostracised in the court.
Tbh i didn't study for trials and only studied the night before. Most stupid thing I've ever done in my life.
Studying is just shit. & I'm lazy. Haha.

On another note: Mod B was fucked, I went in with 2 Slessor Poems, Five Bells was one of them, but we were told to only study 3, so to those who didn't study FB, i feel so sorry for them!

themanman

HSC
N/A
i was mainly talking about the creative writing for paper 1 more than anything

paper 2 was easy for me but i felt for all the guys doing ham

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
Paper 2 was shit for those who didn't study Aung San Suu Kyi's speech in detail. i.e. me. fuck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)